Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.

Go down 
+3
vasteeler
Master_Of_Puppets
jak341
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 5:54 pm

I don't get this move at all.

Edit: I get it now. Colquitt was dead last in all punting metrics so far this year.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1319740925887787009?s=20
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Quote :

We have made several roster moves:

▪ Released P Dustin Colquitt
▪ Placed LB Devin Bush on the Reserve/Injured List
▪ Promoted DE Henry Mondeaux to the 53-man roster
▪ Signed LB Ray Wilborn to the practice squad
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 23, 2020
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 9:45 pm

Does it really make a difference?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Super Bowl

And once again the truth is found

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 11:11 pm

vasteeler wrote:
colquiits net average was 10 yards less than the number 1 punter. 47.3 > 37.2 Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. 1505004552
his average over all was about 2 yards less than the league average. while he was about 7 yards short on the league net average.
so that tells me he either isn't getting much hang time or the steelers punt coverage sucks.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 11:17 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Kinda thinking the same Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. 2981382511

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 12:28 am

Even if Berry is a better option than Colquitt, certainly there's a better option than Berry out there. Finding a solid punter doesn't seem like it should be as difficult as finding a franchise QB or a shutdown corner. But for the Steelers, it's MORE difficult. Who was the last solid punter they had?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Even if Berry is a better option than Colquitt, certainly there's a better option than Berry out there. Finding a solid punter doesn't seem like it should be as difficult as finding a franchise QB or a shutdown corner. But for the Steelers, it's MORE difficult. Who was the last solid punter they had?

Answer: Craig Colquit. Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. 1797695198 I agree on the serious side about it not being difficult to find a good punter. I'm not saying we go all Al Davis and use our #1 on one but surely in the late rounds.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:23 am

finding a really good punter at a cheap price is kinda hard.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:30 am

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Answer: Craig Colquit. Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. 1797695198 I agree on the serious side about it not being difficult to find a good punter. I'm not saying we go all Al Davis and use our #1 on one but surely in the late rounds.

Exactly. If you draft a linebacker or lineman in the seventh round, his chances of making the team are next to none. Since punters rarely get drafted, you'd have your choice of the best punters coming out of college that year. Acting like punter is a throw away position that doesn't matter is foolish.

effyou515 wrote:
finding a really good punter at a cheap price is kinda hard.

That's why they should draft one of the best college punters in one of the later rounds.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I can't really think of a punter ever that we had that seems good let alone great. I don't ever remember one making a Pro Bowl. I liked senior Colquitt because he was there when I was a kid. I don't remember enough about a punter though, to know if he was actually good or not.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.   Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry. Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Release Colquitt, Sign Berry.
Page 1 of 1