Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal

Go down 
+9
The_Joker
IowaSteeler927
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
WVABE
Dave75th
JonM229
Buddha Bus
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal Empty
PostSubject: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Tim Tebow plans to sign a one-year deal Monday with the Eagles, a league source said Sunday night.

Tebow flew in to Philadelphia on Sunday night in time to be in attendance for the start of the Eagles' offseason program Monday.

Philadelphia has finalized an agreement with the 27-year-old Tebow, the framework of which was put into place when he worked out for the team last month. Tebow will be paid the minimum salary.

Before signing Tebow, the Eagles first wanted to try to trade backup quarterback Matt Barkley. But when the team could not get enough in return, it decided to bring in Tebow anyway so that he could be present for the team's entire off-season program.

Tebow now will join a crowded Eagles' quarterback roster that includes Sam Bradford, Mark Sanchez and Barkley, giving Philadelphia three former first-round picks at the quarterback position in addition to another decorated college player. And it also will reunite Tebow and Sanchez, who were teammates with the New York Jets.

READ MORE: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12723790/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-reach-contract-agreement

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 2893009358 Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1401235891

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 1:23 am

There goes our 7th superbowl chance. Time to bandwagon over to an Eagles forum. Bye nerds Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:57 am

I think it's time that the Eagles, as a team, step in and organize an intervention for Chip Kelly's drug addiction before it's too late.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 am

Maybe Chip Kelly wants to turn his team into a sideshow attraction.

Come one! Come all! Step right up and see the NCAA stars turned NFL washouts!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Does this look like a man who knows what he's doing?

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal Ybfejggmqrrdo9kc94kl

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Chip Kelly is going to have a full team of guys that could star in a Dish Network commercial.

Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I think it's time that the Eagles, as a team, step in and organize an intervention for Chip Kelly's drug addiction before it's too late.

Must be mushrooms.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:20 am

Dave75th wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Must be mushrooms.

I was thinking snorting bath salts and huffing paint while smashing himself in the head with a brick. It's the only possible explanation for that type of brain damaging effect. No way mushrooms would mess you up that bad.

Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 am

Watch em end up in the SB, I'd have to laugh.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:02 pm

I hope he makes the roster and makes the NFC East team look like fools.

And as long as he's not playing against the Steelers, may he win the SB too.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:25 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I hope he makes the roster and makes the NFC East team look like fools.

And as long as he's not playing against the Steelers, may he win the SB too.

Having lived in Florida during his years at UF, I just can't get behind him. Granted, it has almost nothing to do with him (besides his lack of NFL-level QB talent) and everything to do with his rabid fanbase.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 4:31 pm

I see that WVABE and Truck having been partying with Chip Kelly. Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1335507402

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1664291743

Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal MOaz2A&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 5:51 pm

WVABE wrote:
Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal MOaz2A&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

HOLY CRAP! That's perfect! Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1664291743

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 3:18 am

JonM229 wrote:
I just can't get behind him.

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 106674522

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:56 am

I like Tebow, I think he's a class act, but how many chances is this guy gonna get? I guess I feel like there's some guys that never really got a fair shake that probably should've been given a second opportunity, and then you have Tebow who is obviously getting more opportunities simply because of his name, and college resume.

Maybe Tebow will surprise me, but I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Tebow is NOT and NFL caliber quarterback. I hope Chip Kelly and the Eagles have fun with the Tebowmania media circus.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:21 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like Tebow, I think he's a class act, but how many chances is this guy gonna get? I guess I feel like there's some guys that never really got a fair shake that probably should've been given a second opportunity, and then you have Tebow who is obviously getting more opportunities simply because of his name, and college resume.

Maybe Tebow will surprise me, but I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Tebow is NOT and NFL caliber quarterback. I hope Chip Kelly and the Eagles have fun with the Tebowmania media circus.

I don't think Tebow got a fair chance anywhere. When he got the starting position in Denver, I think he did wonders for the team during the regular season. We all know what he did in the playoffs against us.

I think he has that intangible leadership quality everyone needs in a QB. He may not have the best techniques but there have been plenty of QBs in the NFL who were successful with no so picture perfect techniques. Bernie Kosar comes to mind.

I don't think he's been given any more chances than other QBs, some worse than he is. But for some reason, fans & coaches alike have bought in to the belief he can't play in the NFL.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm so sick of this guy. He's a joke. He's nothing but a celebrity without the talent to back up his image.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
MostHateD
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:04 pm

No doubt Goodell is in on this signing, trying to distract whatever attention he can away from a league that has been mired in controversy. And fill in the coffers of the owners from all the jerseys that will be sold.

Tebow is clearly not fit to play in the pros, nobody wants him. He had a fluke success beating us in Pittsburgh, but I blame that on LeBeau's scheme on that play. It had nothing to do with Tebow being a great QB.

Chip doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Maybe Chip is going to implement a flag football style offense where Tebow lines up behind the QB on the wing which gives the throw/run option. This would certainly spread defenses out and could revolutionize the NFL (if he could pull it off).

There is nothing I read that suggest this is what he is doing but if he does, it could really change things.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:03 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I don't think Tebow got a fair chance anywhere.  When he got the starting position in Denver, I think he did wonders for the team during the regular season.  We all know what he did in the playoffs against us.

I think he has that intangible leadership quality everyone needs in a QB.  He may not have the best techniques but there have been plenty of QBs in the NFL who were successful with no so picture perfect techniques.  Bernie Kosar comes to mind.

I don't think he's been given any more chances than other QBs, some worse than he is.  But for some reason, fans & coaches alike have bought in to the belief he can't play in the NFL.

i'll tell you what leadership is. Terry Bradshaw won 4 SBs using 4 plays. Buh Dum Tss. Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1664291743 Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 1378315869
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 11:06 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Maybe Chip is going to implement a flag football style offense where Tebow lines up behind the QB on the wing which gives the throw/run option.  This would certainly spread defenses out and could revolutionize the NFL (if he could pull it off).

There is nothing I read that suggest this is what he is doing but if he does, it could really change things.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Tebow is slippery with read option. Chip Kelly's hightempoed offense might actually be perfect for that sneaky bastard.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 3:00 am

Tebow has poor mechanics, an elongated throwing motion, and mediocre accuracy. He's simply not an NFL quarterback. He has been given, many chances, and he is given far, far too much credit for the "success" that he had in Denver. The Denver Defense doesn't get any credit at all for that season, it's always Tebow that everyone talks about, and if they hadn't pulled out a miracle against an injury ridden Steelers squad we wouldn't likely even be having this conversation, and Tebow would likely still be commentating on college football games.

I like the guy, I really do. But watching him play QB in the NFL is painful. Yes he can make school yard plays from time to time, but you ask him to stay in the pocket and go through his reads and he falls apart. In the modern NFL you can't just school yard it all of the time, sometimes you have to play within yourself, stand in the pocket, and find open receivers. That's what makes Roethlisberger so good is that he can stand in the pocket, and he has the ability to extend plays. He can go through his reads, find open receivers, and throw the ball all over the field with accuracy.

Tebow would be better served if he tried to play some TE or RB.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:47 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In the modern NFL you can't just school yard it all of the time

Or can you.... Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal 3135543967

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next