Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal

Go down 
+9
The_Joker
IowaSteeler927
SteelersYak
stlrtruck
WVABE
Dave75th
JonM229
Buddha Bus
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:01 am

SteelersYak wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
In the modern NFL you can't just school yard it all of the time

Or can you.... Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 3135543967

Maybe for a season you can get away with doing things differently. When teams start to catch on though, you have to be able to be a jack of all trades. Tebow is a one trick pony.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:52 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
Maybe Chip is going to implement a flag football style offense where Tebow lines up behind the QB on the wing which gives the throw/run option.  This would certainly spread defenses out and could revolutionize the NFL (if he could pull it off).

There is nothing I read that suggest this is what he is doing but if he does, it could really change things.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. Tebow is slippery with read option. Chip Kelly's hightempoed offense might actually be perfect for that sneaky bastard.

like the Urban Meyer offense he ran at Florida? Tebow = Cardale Jones.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Maybe for a season you can get away with doing things differently. When teams start to catch on though, you have to be able to be a jack of all trades. Tebow is a one trick pony.

Reminds me of RG3. Once he was figured out after his rookie season, it was all over for him.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 2:50 pm

He's a good guy and while I don't share his religious worldview, I never really was bothered too much by that but I do get tired of hearing form his fans that he was "blacklisted" because he's a devout Christian. That's utter horseshit. The guy just isn't a capable NFL QB. And yeah he did have that nice year with the Broncos but no one gives credit to the strong running game they had that year, the D, and that Prater made some very long FGs that year. I wish him all the best with the Eagles but if he's starting for the Eagles at any point this year, it will mean the Eagles season is lost.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
He's a good guy and while I don't share his religious worldview, I never really was bothered too much by that but I do get tired of hearing form his fans that he was "blacklisted" because he's a devout Christian. That's utter horseshit. The guy just isn't a capable NFL QB. And yeah he did have that nice year with the Broncos but no one gives credit to the strong running game they had that year, the D, and that Prater made some very long FGs that year. I wish him all the best with the Eagles but if he's starting for the Eagles at any point this year, it will mean the Eagles season is lost.

Well...he does have Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford ahead of him.  That would be like being valedictorian of the special ed class.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 4:49 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Well...he does have Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford ahead of him.  That would be like being valedictorian of the special ed class.
Heh true Jon. I don't know honestly what Kelly was thinking trading Foles for Bradford. I think STL got the better of that one but we shall see.
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 5:02 pm

He's a good guy and while I don't share his religious worldview, I never really was bothered too much by that but I do get tired of hearing form his fans that he was "blacklisted" because he's a devout Christian. That's utter horseshit.

Poor, persecuted NFL Christians. Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu and RG3 get so picked on by the league.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 8:06 pm

The_Joker wrote:
He's a good guy and while I don't share his religious worldview, I never really was bothered too much by that but I do get tired of hearing form his fans that he was "blacklisted" because he's a devout Christian. That's utter horseshit.

Poor, persecuted NFL Christians. Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu and RG3 get so picked on by the league.

I heard Ray Lewis took a stab at other religions... Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 106674522

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:14 pm

chip Kelly's offense is the best fit for tebow and could make the team as a back up QB.

urban meyer's and chip Kelly's college offenses were / are a lot a like.

not a big tebow fan.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 2:24 am

JonM229 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Reminds me of RG3.  Once he was figured out after his rookie season, it was all over for him.

Case in point! Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 469886443

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 3:15 am

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 Tebow

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:26 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 Tebow

Good job, Wally! Now Goodell's gonna fine and suspend Harrison for a couple of games to start the season! Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 294855916

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal   Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles Sign Tebow to 1 Year Deal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2