Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams

Go down 
+5
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
Bert Gordon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
steelersviews
9 posters
AuthorMessage
steelersviews
Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams Empty
PostSubject: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:27 pm

The first 3 games on the Steelers schedule will be against the Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams. Obviously, these teams are definitely different from the years that Williams has played against them.

All three of these teams have changed this past off-season too. Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner leaving the Patriots* secondary, the 49ers (no explanation needed), and the Rams who have an emerging, young, and terrific front 7. They also traded Sam Bradford for Nick Foles.

More importantly, the Steelers will face these three teams to open the year without All-Pro Le’Veon Bell. The addition of DeAngelo Williams gives the Steelers some security, and he will most likely see the majority of the carries in the first three weeks of the season.

I put together Williams’s career stats against the Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams just for the sake of it. All statistics are from Pro-Football-Reference.

Granted, it is important to note the Panthers have asked less of Williams as the years went on. I’m not trying to implicate anything from the statistics, but I thought this would be interesting and relevant information to conjure.

As always, GO STEELERS

The stats are in this Google docs link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/143MCGVCsjnl_rUfjztNM6YYChHD1GD1sN8PDeCTLFLM/edit

P.S.    Sorry, but I couldn't get it to look right when I tried to post it directly on here. Also, I can't post the word 'Patriots*' without a little star after it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 pm

You can't write Patriots** here cuz fuck em, that's why.

It seems to matter a great deal whether the suspension is 3 over 2 games because as stout as the Pats* are, the Rams may be much harder to establish a ground game against.
Back to top Go down
steelersviews
Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Ah, I see. It's like a curse word. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Good to know, but is it relevant?

Steelers OL and OC are different than CAR's. Also, the Pats*, Rams and Niners teams he'll be facing* will be vastly different than most of the times he has played them.

It's good to know what he's capable of, but if Haley isn't feeding him the ball, or if the OL isn't as good as it was last year, or should the Rams go from fantastic to fearsome foursome, past performance won't matter.

As an aside, I recall back in 1993 when the Steelers opened up against the L.A. Rams and 49ers. They started 0-2 and were outscored about 14-57. Different times, for sure, but it's going to be a long year with this schedule.

*assuming Bell doesn't win an appeal

Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 8:52 pm

Bert, I agree. This isn't some ground breaking material here. I just like to offer different perspectives and information.

And the schedule is tough, but remember the 2008 schedule. It was also, based on the previous season, the #1 toughest schedule. And we hoisted the Lombardi that year.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 pm

steelersviews wrote:
And the schedule is tough, but remember the 2008 schedule. It was also, based on the previous season, the #1 toughest schedule. And we hoisted the Lombardi that year.

2008 was perfect.

I'd settle for 1993 after the last three years... minus the Eric Metcalf game.  Dear Lord, the Eric Metcalf game! DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams 2625562446

EDIT: Oh, God! It's on YouTube! DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams 2913999526

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:40 pm

steelersviews wrote:
Also, I can't post the word 'Patriots*' without a little star after it for some reason.

DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams 1664291743

The SX filter makes sure the Cheatriots always have the well-deserved asterisk after their name.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
steelersviews wrote:
Also, I can't post the word 'Patriots*' without a little star after it for some reason.

DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams 1664291743

The SX filter makes sure the Cheatriots always have the well-deserved asterisk after their name.

Good mods. DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams 1797695198

Xtreme Newb
steelersviews

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:53 pm

Hahaha I love it. Ingenious.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Bert Gordon wrote:
Good to know, but is it relevant?

Steelers OL and OC are different than CAR's.  Also, the Pats**, Rams and Niners teams he'll be facing* will be vastly different than most of the times he has played them.

It's good to know what he's capable of, but if Haley isn't feeding him the ball, or if the OL isn't as good as it was last year, or should the Rams go from fantastic to fearsome foursome, past performance won't matter.

As an aside, I recall back in 1993 when the Steelers opened up against the L.A. Rams and 49ers.  They started 0-2 and were outscored about 14-57.  Different times, for sure, but it's going to be a long year with this schedule.

*assuming Bell doesn't win an appeal

I think The Rams are gonna be a team not-to-be joked about this year round. They showed flashes last year.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 am

The lack of TDs is a bit worrying but I have faith that Williams will fill in admirably. We've got a superior offensive line unit compared to what he was playing behind in Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:51 am

I was very excited when we signed Williams. He is definitely a better option than anything we had on the roster and I think he will be a great supplement to Bell when he is back.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:20 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
The lack of TDs is a bit worrying but I have faith that Williams will fill in admirably. We've got a superior offensive line unit compared to what he was playing behind in Carolina.

Yes, the Panthers O-Line has been lacking the last 2 years, but Williams and Jonathan Stewart had some pretty good run-blocking lines in Carolina.

I can't wait to see what the O-Line can do this year. Last year seemed like a mixed result year for that unit. Just when it seemed those hogs could blow holes through any defense, they would look horrible the next week. Year 2 under Munch should get those guys kicking some tail!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Williams, Harris ready to add depth to Steelers backfield

June 21, 2015
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The 2015 season will begin the way the 2014 season ended for the Steelers — with a spotlight on the backup running backs. The Steelers hope the players behind All-Pro Le’Veon Bell are ready for their close-ups this time around.

That was not the case the last time the Steelers played. In the 30-17 playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field, played without Bell because of his knee injury in the regular-season finale, the lack of depth in the backfield crushed any hopes of a playoff run.

Ben Tate’s Steelers career lasted one week, and he will be best remembered for blowing a blocking assignment that ruined any late comeback hopes in the wild-card game. Josh Harris, the rookie who was elevated to the active roster for the final five games of the regular season, led all Steelers with 25 yards rushing in the game.

Veteran DeAngelo Williams was signed to improve the backfield, and the Steelers will need his services from the start because Bell will miss the first three games of the season for his violation of the league’s substance abuse policy last year.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/06/21/Williams-Harris-ready-to-add-depth-to-Steelers-backfield/stories/201506210105
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Williams expects plenty of carries with Steeleers

By DAN SCIFO
— Aug. 1, 2015

LATROBE, Pa. (AP) — DeAngelo Williams is used to splitting carries.

Just don't call the Pittsburgh Steelers' running back a backup. The way the Carolina Panthers' career rushing leader sees it, there will be plenty of work to do alongside Steelers star Le'Veon Bell.

"I got a lot of tread left on the tires and I don't have as many miles," Williams said. "For those running backs, I feel bad for them, but I don't consider myself as one of those backs."

Williams, a first-round draft pick in 2006, spent his first nine seasons in Carolina, where he held just about every significant rushing record in Panthers history. He teamed with Jonathan Stewart in Carolina to form one of the best backfield tandems in the NFL as the two, in 2009, became the first set of teammates in league history to each rush for at least 1,100 yards in the same season.

"All my career has been me and Jonathan, so I haven't been taking the crash and burn hits," Williams said.

Williams did endure an injury-riddled 2014 season though, appearing in just six games while rushing for 219 yards and zero touchdowns. The 32-year-old Williams, who, twice rushed for at least 800 yards since his 1,100-yard 2009 season, was released by the Panthers in March to save salary cap space and soon after signed a two-year deal with the Steelers.

Pittsburgh, after a failed attempt last year with veteran LeGarrette Blount, desired a seasoned back to take some of the workload off Bell, the 23-year-old All-Pro, who finished second in the league with 1,361 rushing and 2,215 all-purpose rushing and receiving yards last year.

They feel Williams is their man.

to read rest of article:

http://pro32.ap.org/article/williams-expects-plenty-carries-steeleers
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:08 pm

In 1947, the Rams blew the Steelers out, 48-7. DW wasn't born yet though so I'm not sure how this connects???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams   DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams Empty

Back to top Go down

DeAngelo Williams's career stats vs. Patriots*, 49ers, and Rams
Page 1 of 1