Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:47 pm

white_steel_wolfe wrote:
Shane Ray gone, haha

Hiya WSW!  Welcome!

@BuddhaBus will be starting a "Dupree is a Bust" and "Fire Dupree" thread in just a few moments.  Please feel free to join in the conversation................ Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1664291743

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:52 pm

TherealCasteeler wrote:
Dupree will be a great player for the Steelers but you've gotta wonder what this says about Jarvis Jones? 3 years in a row LB in the first round, the front 7 should be unbelievable next season.

Doesn't say anything. Our OLB's are James Harrison (old AF), Arthur Moats (should never be starting), Jarvis (injured last year and unimpressive as rookie), and a bunch of practice squad nobodies.

They could have full confidence that Jarvis will break out and be a perrennial All-Pro from this point on, and we would STILL have needed to take an OLB early.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:52 pm

TherealCasteeler wrote:
Like the Pick but once again the secondary on the back burner.

Yeah, but the secondary can get a whole lot better with a consistent pass rush. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 2981382511

Back to top Go down
ebsteelersSF
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Jones and dupree outside. Ryan and Timmons inside... 16 and 0 or bust
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Gingerchip wrote:

@BuddhaBus will be starting a "Dupree is a Bust" and "Fire Dupree" thread in just a few moments.  Please feel free to join in the conversation................ Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1664291743

Man! That sounds too much like work. Besides... I'm busy. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 4132052997

Back to top Go down
TherealCasteeler
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:56 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
TherealCasteeler wrote:
Dupree will be a great player for the Steelers but you've gotta wonder what this says about Jarvis Jones? 3 years in a row LB in the first round, the front 7 should be unbelievable next season.

Doesn't say anything.  Our OLB's are James Harrison (old AF), Arthur Moats (should never be starting), Jarvis (injured last year and unimpressive as rookie), and a bunch of practice squad nobodies.

They could have full confidence that Jarvis will break out and be a perrennial All-Pro from this point on, and we would STILL have needed to take an OLB early.

Don't mind me I'm just upset the Steelers didn't get Marcus Peters Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Synthraxis
Xtreme Newb
Synthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:56 pm

TherealCasteeler wrote:

I don't understand why people are so down on Jarvis, he was showing potential before injury last year. He was actually injured on a play in which he was making a playmaker move. I think it just says Dupree was the best player on the board, surprised myself he dropped that low, and you can look at the fact that the Steelers have lack of OLB depth (Jason Worilds retiring, Harrison being as old as time & I think they see Moats as a backup not a starter). I personally think it's a smart move, address the pass-rush and the coverage will get better without adding a top pick. Plus the best cb's were gone and as far as SS, They traded up to get Shamarko; Maybe they think he can stand up and play this year.
Back to top Go down
white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
white_steel_wolfe wrote:
Shane Ray gone, haha

Hiya WSW!  Welcome!

Thank ya
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Synthraxis wrote:
TherealCasteeler wrote:

I don't understand why people are so down on Jarvis, he was showing potential before injury last year. He was actually injured on a play in which he was making a playmaker move. I think it just says Dupree was the best player on the board, surprised myself he dropped that low, and you can look at the fact that the Steelers have lack of OLB depth (Jason Worilds retiring, Harrison being as old as time & I think they see Moats as a backup not a starter). I personally think it's a smart move, address the pass-rush and the coverage will get better without adding a top pick. Plus the best cb's were gone and as far as SS, They traded up to get Shamarko; Maybe they think he can stand up and play this year.

Good first post. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 469886443

Except the Harrison being old part. Hes gonna benjamin button. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1797695198
Back to top Go down
TherealCasteeler
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Synthraxis wrote:
TherealCasteeler wrote:

People are "down on Jarvis" because the guy looks lost on the football field, has he improved? slightly but remember he was a 1st round pick that has played on Special teams for the majority of his 2 years
Back to top Go down
Synthraxis
Xtreme Newb
Synthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Quote :

Except the Harrison being old part. Hes gonna benjamin button. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1797695198

Thanks, and it wouldn't surprise me with the way he works out. He's definitely a monster and monsters live forever. I think Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ebsteelersSF
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Wait for it...

This guy is a guaranteed bust... if he's so good why does his team suck? What a waste... Jones was a bust.. 3 lbs 3 years in a row. . Zero super bowls fire the stafff
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Synthraxis wrote:
Quote :

Thanks, and it wouldn't surprise me with the way he works out. He's definitely a monster and monsters live forever. I think Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1797695198

Frankenstein's monster didn't. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 3201610882

Back to top Go down
Synthraxis
Xtreme Newb
Synthraxis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Synthraxis wrote:
Quote :

Frankenstein's monster didn't. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 3201610882

Pfffffttt, he should've worked out more. I'm sure Harrison would've schooled him. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 312503953
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:13 pm

Synthraxis wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Synthraxis wrote:
Quote :

Pfffffttt, he should've worked out more. I'm sure Harrison would've schooled him. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 312503953

Well, Harrison's definitely meaner, but Franky was a little more electrifying. Could be a stalemate. Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 1664291743

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Jalen Collins from LSU in round 2 if he falls?

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:01 am

It's going to be interesting to see what happen with Landon Collins. I doubt he lasts long into day two, but if he lasts long enough, there might be a trade up from the Steelers.

Regardless, it's going to be DB tomorrow. Eric Rowe is a personal favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
TherealCasteeler
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:06 am

SteelersCanada wrote:
It's going to be interesting to see what happen with Landon Collins. I doubt he lasts long into day two, but if he lasts long enough, there might be a trade up from the Steelers.

Regardless, it's going to be DB tomorrow. Eric Rowe is a personal favorite of mine.

Eric Rowe is a very good CB, I think maybe good enough to move up for depending on what it cost the Steelers. They need a CB that can play now and not sit a year out or play special teams
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:19 am

ETL wrote:
Dupree is 269 lbs!

he's diesel though unlike fatass lamarr woodendong woodley lol
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:28 am

SteelersCanada wrote:

Agreed on Rowe. Thought he'd go late round 1 if he falls he'll be in considerations

Jim Wexell wrote that Jalen Collins seems like a Tomlin guy so I won't be surprised with him either if he's available.

Both have the size and speed you want in a potential #1 CB

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:38 am

My personal big board:

1. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska (If I'm coach and he's there in round 2 we're running a hell of a lot of 4-3 with Gregory-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree on the line and Jarvis-Timmons-Shazier at LB. Sounds like a plan to me.)
2. Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (not a big fan of taking a S this early but can't pass him up this late)
3. Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
4. TJ Clemmings, OT, Pitt
5. Alex Carter, CB, Stanford
6. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St.
7. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
8. Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma (really Mizzou)
9. Jordan Phillips, NT, Oklahoma
10. Preston Smith, OLB, Mississippi St.
11. Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
12. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon
13. Nate Orchard, OLB, Utah
14. Ronald Darby, CB, FSU
15. Doran Grant, CB, OSU
16. Eddie Goldman, NT, FSU
17. Owamagbe O-howeveryouspeellit, OLB, UCLA
18. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
19. Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State
20. Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan
21. Eli Harold, OLB, Shitty school in Virginia
22. Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)
23. Clive Walford, TE, Miami
24. PJ Williams, CB, FSU

Looking at the talent left, I want CB as bad as anyone but I have a feeling we go offense in Round 2. TE is a need if Maxx Williams continues to fall. Strong should have gone in the first IMO and DGB is a headcase but he seriously has Calvin Johnson talent that I could not pass up easily. Really hope Eric Rowe falls to us somehow. Otherwise, if we're going BPA, the talent (as judged by completely unqualified me) doesn't really match up well with our needs.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:51 am

I just walked in the door from my night class and heard what happened. I am content with our pick since he is actually a DE playing OLB. I still would have rather picked Malcolm Brown instead, because we need an anchor in the middle badly.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:55 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
My personal big board:

1. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska (If I'm coach and he's there in round 2 we're running a hell of a lot of 4-3 with Gregory-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree on the line and Jarvis-Timmons-Shazier at LB.  Sounds like a plan to me.)
2. Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (not a big fan of taking a S this early but can't pass him up this late)
3. Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
15. Doran Grant, CB, OSU
24. PJ Williams, CB, FSU

Looking at the talent left, I want CB as bad as anyone but I have a feeling we go offense in Round 2.  TE is a need if Maxx Williams continues to fall.  Strong should have gone in the first IMO and DGB is a headcase but he seriously has Calvin Johnson talent that I could not pass up easily.  Really hope Eric Rowe falls to us somehow.  Otherwise, if we're going BPA, the talent (as judged by completely unqualified me) doesn't really match up well with our needs.

If Landon Collins falls idk how they would pass on him unless they still have a serious hard on for Shark

Jalen Collins(great size, speed. prototypical Steelers CB)
Eric Rowe(See Collins)
Jaelen Strong(talented WR. He's also from PA so it's possible)
Maxx Williams(Starting TE for 10+ years. Potential pro bowler)
Eddie Goldman(Yes I wouldn't be surprised if they took a DT/NT. He'd help in our 4-3 sub package)

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:20 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
My personal big board:

1. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska (If I'm coach and he's there in round 2 we're running a hell of a lot of 4-3 with Gregory-Heyward-Tuitt-Dupree on the line and Jarvis-Timmons-Shazier at LB.  Sounds like a plan to me.)
3. Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
15. Doran Grant, CB, OSU
24. PJ Williams, CB, FSU

Looking at the talent left, I want CB as bad as anyone but I have a feeling we go offense in Round 2.  TE is a need if Maxx Williams continues to fall.  Strong should have gone in the first IMO and DGB is a headcase but he seriously has Calvin Johnson talent that I could not pass up easily.  Really hope Eric Rowe falls to us somehow.  Otherwise, if we're going BPA, the talent (as judged by completely unqualified me) doesn't really match up well with our needs.

just seeing this list gets me excited for who we can potential get
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:51 pm

Landon Collins? Eric Rowe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next