Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:00 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:

Landon Collins?  Eric Rowe?  
I think so.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Is the press conference running late? Stream from Steelers.com isn't showing anything for me.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:05 pm

Nevermind it's streaming now. Art Rooney II speaking.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:19 pm

L. Collins will be a Giant. They don't even have a safety on their roster. They almost HAVE to trade up for him.

. .
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Got a notification that the Cards wanted to trade up with the Bengals to get Bud. It would be nice if Arizona stopped copying us. I mean imitation is flattery and all that but they may as well rename themselves the Arizona Steelers.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:32 pm

On ESPN 970 , they were saying the rumor was we're trying to trade up for Maxx Williams

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm

Don't know how I feel about that regarding Maxx but if they really feel he can be what Miller has been for us then I understand but I really think we should just let the round do its thing.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:50 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to trade up to nab a TE. I'm okay if he falls to us, but I don't think we should sacrifice picks unless we're targeting top tier defensive players. That's where our deficiencies are right now. If we sacrifice picks for a move for Williams, we're looking at yet another later round CB selection who will be less talented. I imagine we would be giving up our second round pick plus our 3rd at minimum which means 4th round or later for CB. I don't like that idea at all. If Williams falls to us fine. We can then still target a CB in the 3rd, but I really don't want to wait any longer than that. We may have to double dip at CB as it is to try to fill that need.

Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to trade up to nab a TE. I'm okay if he falls to us, but I don't think we should sacrifice picks unless we're targeting top tier defensive players. That's where our deficiencies are right now. If we sacrifice picks for a move for Williams, we're looking at yet another later round CB selection who will be less talented. I imagine we would be giving up our second round pick plus our 3rd at minimum which means 4th round or later for CB. I don't like that idea at all. If Williams falls to us fine. We can then still target a CB in the 3rd, but I really don't want to wait any longer than that. We may have to double dip at CB as it is to try to fill that need.

I'm open to top pedigree players at almost any position.

Just pick a corner before the 5th round for the love of God!

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:00 pm

steelstoned1972 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I'm open to top pedigree players at almost any position.

Just pick a corner before the 5th round for the love of God!

I just believe that the defense is the obvious area of need. Go early and go often on D this draft. The offense is fine. Supplement it in the later rounds and they'll be good to go. We need help in the secondary right away. We need to try to draft the best possible players at that position (as long as the value is there) that we can. It can't be ignored any longer.

Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:37 pm

23 minutes.

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Who get Landon Collins tonight?

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:00 pm

trade?

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Guess any steelers package wasn't good enough...Giants on the clock

lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I just believe that the defense is the obvious area of need. Go early and go often on D this draft. The offense is fine. Supplement it in the later rounds and they'll be good to go. We need help in the secondary right away. We need to try to draft the best possible players at that position (as long as the value is there) that we can. It can't be ignored any longer.

Agreed. There are no true needs on offense. A tight end would be nice, but right now we don't need it. THE DEFENSE IS THE NEED ALL AROUND. EVERY PICK.

The offense is fine. Tight end can be addressed next year.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
L. Collins will be a Giant.  They don't even have a safety on their roster.  They almost HAVE to trade up for him.

My sources are good and reliable...

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:24 pm

I was extremely happy with the Bud Dupree pick. I was hoping for shane ray, but dupree is probably the better pick, definitely the safer pick. As far as trading up for maxx williams... I do think we could use a good tight end. It has been a glaring deficiency in our offense. Miller is just too slow now simply put. I would really rather see us take a Corner in the second round, then another pass rusher in the 3rd and pick up a TE in the 4th or 5th round and hope we find a diamond in the rough. TE is a need, but it is not a pressing need, it is not a need keeping us out of the superbowl. A weak secondary and lack of pass rush is keeping us out of the superbowl. We already have arguably the best WR in football in Antonio Brown catching passes, then we have Martavis Bryant who I see having a break out season at our no. 2 receiver and putting up huge numbers. Markus Wheaton is also showing improvement and oh yeah! our second leading receiver last season leveon bell can catch and run pretty well too! A stud TE would surely give us hands down the best offense in the NFL. However trading up for a TE in round 2, in a draft that really doesnt have much talent at the position just doesnt make sense. Take a corner or another pass rusher, or a safety. I say we just take a swing in the dark at TE in round 4 or something.

Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Looking forward to a solid day two. Hoping to see a CB and G or TE and a Safety.

Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:35 pm

The Jets draft someone for Geno Smith to throw balls near.

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:36 pm

to those still faithfully booing the Commissioner with every single pic, I salute you.

. .
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 7:40 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
to those still faithfully booing the Commissioner with every single pic, I salute you.

Amen. I love the dedication.

WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Nothing like dragging out the draft.
Back to top Go down
lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:10 pm

WVABE wrote:
Nothing like dragging out the draft.

NFL gotta get that monies.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic Zen
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Damn, Kikaha gone. Was hoping he would somehow drop to the 3rd, after we get our CB in the 2nd
Back to top Go down
RedzoneRedman33
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 8:21 pm

So if Jones and Dupree both start at some point we have an entire LB corp of 1st round draft picks. Hopefully there are no busts because that would be one helluva group with potential reached.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next