Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOfficial Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread

Go down 
+44
effyou515
SoCalFan
kan_t
Steeler Zach
fer69
EbonySteel86
Bert Gordon
RedzoneRedman33
43Hitman
ImperialFan
Fire Arians
Synthraxis
Gingerchip
jak341
Chaotic Zen
steelcrazy
Bane
white_steel_wolfe
lipps83
TherealCasteeler
pczach
SteelersYak
harrison'samonster
BlackAndGold
teegre
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
Pappy
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WVABE
ebsteelersSF
SteelerSpartan
steelstoned1972
Jazzo
SteelersCanada
kirklandrules
PhantomJB93
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Buddha Bus
tony hipchest
Lokki
ETL
Vis
Wallace108
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:16 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
43Hitman wrote:
Looks like Jesse James is the pick, I know a lot of guys on here really liked him. Admittedly I don't no much about him.
Exactly my thoughts on this. We don't need an immediate impact at TE. And remember O'Leary is still a late round grade. We need a future prospect. This guy not only has measurable but also intangibles. He plays fast and gets open off defenders fluidly and easily.

He's a bit raw but he's 6'7, 260 lbs, ran a slow 40 (4.83) but if you watch him he definitely plays faster than that.

O'Leary is definitely a more solid option out of the gate but if James can be coached up he can be an insane weapon, and could be a red zone threat from Day 1.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:18 pm

James is a guy that should have stayed in school for another year. He would have had the chance to work on his game and become a more polished and powerful player. Bad for him, good for the Steelers.

He has a lot of talent. He needs to play with more aggression, and learn to use the physical mismatch he is with most players. It's as if he doesn't know he's 6'7" 260 lbs. He's got really soft hands and is capable of making very difficult catches. He flashes special hands at times with acrobatic plays.

The bottom line is that this could be a tremendous steal if he harnesses all his skills and plays with a chip on his shoulder. He needs to develop a mean streak and become more aggressive.

As a Penn State fan, I've seen every game this kid has ever played. How far he goes and how good he gets is entirely up to him. The key again is toughness and aggression. He has the tools to be very good.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:19 pm

baltimore double dipped on tight ends, are they trying to copy what NE was doing with hernandez and gronk?

don't they already have pitta?
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Michael Bennett, JaCorey Shepherd, Ifo, Drummond, Holliman........man, there is still a lot of great talent left on the board!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
baltimore double dipped on tight ends, are they trying to copy what NE was doing with hernandez and gronk?

don't they already have pitta?

There's a ton of question marks with Pitta after he blew up his hip/pelvis for the second straight year. His career could be in serious jeopardy. I think they are reserved to the reality that he may not make it back or at least be a shadow of his former self.

Back to top Go down
Chaotic Zen
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Now that they have taken 2 CBs, do they still take a flier on Ekpre-Olomu in the 6/7?  Or just do with BPA?
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:05 pm

Hope the next 3 picks go Gerod Holliman, Greg Robinson(OT, SC) & Malcolm Brown(RB, Texas)

Quinton Spain an option also.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:15 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Hope the next 3 picks go Gerod Holliman, Greg Robinson(OT, SC) & Malcolm Brown(RB, Texas)

Holliman is falling right into our laps. If we pick him up this is gonna be my favorite draft in the last 4 at least.
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Mark Kaboly has noted that every pick had a visit. Steelers went to Holliman's Pro-Day AND had dinner with him.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Let's hope for Holliman.

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:18 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
Mark Kaboly has noted that every pick had a visit.  Steelers went to Holliman's Pro-Day AND had dinner with him.

Besides the Maxx Williams trade up every team has been nicely staying out of our way
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Damn. You think they're confident with Mitchell and Shark?
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Ladarius Walton DT I dont know squat about him.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:22 pm

43Hitman wrote:
Ladarius Walton DT I dont know squat about him.

Thats two of us Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 2605341373
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Don't know him either. Worked out last time we got a 6th rounder from Central Michigan.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Makes sense. They need d-line depth. He'll be a DE. And could play as a DT in our sub package.

Our #1 WR is from the same school....

Solid pick

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Sat May 02, 2015 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:25 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Makes sense. They need d-line depth I think he fits as a DE and a DT in sub package.

Our #1 WR is from the same school....

Solid pick
Bye bye Cam T then.

Last edited by ImmaculateGreenePolamalu on Sat May 02, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
43Hitman
Xtreme Newb
43Hitman

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:25 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Don't know him either. Worked out last time we got a 6th rounder from Central Michigan.

True that.

6'4" 319 lbs

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Hopefully this guy can supplant Cam Thomas on the D-line. We can then move Thomas to his natural safety position and kill 2 birds with one stone! Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 2981382511

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Don't know about him. But position wise wouldn't complain about this pick. The Steelers need depth at NT.
Back to top Go down
lipps83
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

I wonder if they wanted Derron Smith. He was the best safety left and went two picks ahead. This Walton guy came out of nowhere, but I like the pick. Gives depth.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:28 pm

I think the last two will be o-line and safety.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:29 pm

lipps83 wrote:
I wonder if they wanted Derron Smith.  He was the best safety left and went two picks ahead.  This Walton guy came out of nowhere, but I like the pick.  Gives depth.
If they really want Smith, I guess they would trade up to grab him. Not difficult to move up three spots in the 6th round.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:42 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
not only that I think marcus golden and will allen are better than any safety remaining since the fourth- fifth round.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 EmptySat May 02, 2015 4:43 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
not only that I think marcus golden and will allen are better than any safety remaining since the fourth- fifth round.

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Draft Day Discussion Thread   Official Draft Day Discussion Thread - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Draft Day Discussion Thread
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next