Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home56   - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Go down 
+16
SteelersCanada
steelstoned1972
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Buddha Bus
WVABE
ETL
ebsteelersSF
effyou515
Vis
OX1947
IowaSteeler927
kan_t
Hawaii 5-0
BlackAndGold
tony hipchest
teegre
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ETL

ETL

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:55 am

I see so many newspaper writers demanding that we draft a corner. But which corner should we have drafted last year? Would all our problems be over if we drafted Dennard last year? If we don't have Shazier or Tuitt - wouldn't we have holes in those positions this year?

If waynes peters or Johnson were available - we should have drafted them but Dupree was the right pick. We just shouldn't reach for a CB. It's got Ricardo Colclough's name all over it if we do.

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:08 am

ETL wrote:
I see so many newspaper writers demanding that we draft a corner. But which corner should we have drafted last year?  Would all our problems be over if we drafted Dennard last year?  If we don't have Shazier or Tuitt - wouldn't we have holes in those positions this year?  

If waynes peters or Johnson were available - we should have drafted them but Dupree was the right pick. We just shouldn't reach for a CB. It's got Ricardo Colclough's name all over it if we do.
That's exactly what the casual fan/average internet commentator doesn't get. And it's not as if Dupree wasn't at a position of need either. Anyhow, from what I heard the Steelers would have picked Bud over Peters if Peters had been there but not Waynes or Johnson. In the end, I'm glad it worked out the way it did because I think Dupree is going to be a great player for us.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:11 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
That's exactly what the casual fan/average internet commentator doesn't get. And it's not as if Dupree wasn't at a position of need either. Anyhow, from what I heard the Steelers would have picked Bud over Peters if Peters had been there but not Waynes or Johnson. In the end, I'm glad it worked out the way it did because I think Dupree is going to be a great player for us.

agreed. he will reach the full potential lamaar woodley was on the cusp of, and then some.

. .
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:14 am

effyou515 wrote:
yes Alex Carter in the second round.

I agree.

Most pundits have him as a R3 pick, but I think he's going to be the second best CB from this draft (Peters being the first).
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:16 am

I think Rowe and both Collins won't be there. I am intrigued by Alex Carter though. He's fairly local. Went to high school a few towns over form here, has a NFL pedigree, and I assume is a smart kid too since he went to Stanford.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:17 am

ebsteelersSF wrote:
teegre wrote:
Vis wrote:
I woke up thinking it's going to be Rollins.

Quinten Rollins, safety, Miami (Ohio)
It might seem counterintuitive to include Rollins on this list, given that he had seven interceptions last season and was named MAC Defensive Player of the Year. Yet, I'm among those that think his best football is still ahead of him. Rollins was a four-year starter for the Miami (Ohio) basketball team before he decided to return to football, which he hadn't played since high school, for the 2014 season to tremendous success. There's reason to think he has plenty of potential to improve as he continues to learn the game. He played corner in college and could stay at that spot in the NFL, but I think he's best suited to play safety in the NFL, given his speed (he ran the 40 in 4.57 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine). His ball skills could really shine at safety, where he's able to keep the game in front of him instead of having to turn around to find the ball as a corner.

That's not a bad pick at all.  

For a while there, over at SF, there was heavy discussion about taking him at 22.  The "player du jour" moment passed, and people realized that 56 is a more logical landing spot for him.  

how great is this?? so many quality options that there is  good chance are still at our spot..

i really dont know who i prefer at 56 yet..  rollins or one of the collins, but i doubt landon is even there

Whomever it is, just make sure that you "Boo" the pick.,

Fire the draft!!!

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:18 am

ETL wrote:
I see so many newspaper writers demanding that we draft a corner. But which corner should we have drafted last year?  Would all our problems be over if we drafted Dennard last year?  If we don't have Shazier or Tuitt - wouldn't we have holes in those positions this year?  

You need to stop making sense.

#bustdongpreesucks

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 10:44 am

teegre wrote:
I think Rowe and both Collins won't be there. I am intrigued by Alex Carter though. He's fairly local. Went to high school a few towns over form here, has a NFL pedigree, and I assume is a smart kid too since he went to Stanford.

Exactly.  
He's definitely intriguing. What makes predicting our pick difficult IMO is that we never pick simply for need. And that's a good thing in the long run but makes the anticipation all the more antsy lol. But yeah I think we go with Alex and one of the TEs but as I said I really think it depends who is there. I thought it would be either KJ or Peters and that Dupree would have been off the board well before then. So who knows.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:03 am

steelstoned1972 wrote:
I still won't be surprised if the pick in the 2nd round is not a cb lol!

Round 3 could have Rollins, Steven Nelson, Doran Grant and maybe Alex Carter sitting there in round 3, so I won't be surprised either.

But IMO it'll depend on if Maxx is there. Can't see them passing up a potential 10+ year starter and potential pro bowler

SteelersCanada

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:04 am

I don't know if Rowe is going to be there at 56, but I don't know how high he's going to be taken. The issue with Rowe -- which isn't an issue for most players in the draft -- is figuring out where to play him. He's been talked about as a free safety which may indeed be his better position at the NFL level. Rowe struggles with turning and running with receivers and he doesn't always have fluid hips.

If they do end up taking Rowe, I think he may end up transitioning to safety rather than staying at corner.
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:33 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
steelstoned1972 wrote:

Round 3 could have Rollins, Steven Nelson, Doran Grant and maybe Alex Carter sitting there in round 3, so I won't be surprised either.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they double dipped on Orchard , or Harold, etc .

possibly Maxx. Possibly Goldman or Phillips

But IMO it'll depend on if Maxx is there. Can't see them passing up a potential 10+ year starter and potential pro bowler

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
steelstoned1972

steelstoned1972

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 11:35 am

steelstoned1972 wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:
steelstoned1972 wrote:

Hell,  I wouldn't be surprised if they double dipped on Orchard , or Harold,  etc .

possibly Maxx. Possibly Goldman or Phillips

Black n Gold, somehow my response got embedded in your quotes.

Steelstoned @Steelcrazycraig1972
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:42 pm

SB nation has us taking P.J. Williams from Florida State in their mock. Thoughts?

This mock also has Maxx Williams going at 56 to the Broncos. Hmmm...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/1/8527695/2015-nfl-mock-draft-second-round
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 1:47 pm

jak341 wrote:
SB nation has us taking P.J. Williams from Florida State in their mock. Thoughts?

This mock also has Maxx Williams going at 56 to the Broncos. Hmmm...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/5/1/8527695/2015-nfl-mock-draft-second-round

i can dig it

unrelated note, 4 of our projected starting LB's are all 1st round picks. hopefully we see some payoff in the next coming years. I do think shazier and jones can be good this year if they stay healthy
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I do think shazier and jones can be good this year if they stay healthy

Right there with you 56   - Page 2 230572241

Jones was looking pretty good last year, until he was injured. I was at the Carolina game and he was flying all over the place. Cam Newton didn't look comfortable in that game. The injuries to Jones and Shazier prevented us from truly seeing what the young front 7 can do. Hopefully they stay healthy and kick butt.

For those that think Jones is a bust, just remember that Timmons took 3 years to be the starter, James Harrison was cut 6 times before sticking with Pittsburgh, Joey Porter was a special teams guy his rookie year (he did kick butt his 2nd year), Jason Gildon was a special teamer for his first two seasons, etc, etc. I really think Jones was on the right track for the first 2.5 games last year until his injury.

Just think, Jones will be better this year. Shazier will be better this year. Tuitt will be better this year. Heyward will be better this year. Timmons will still be a stud. McLendon is better than people think and McCullers will be better this year. I predict a stout front 7 that will get better over the next 2 years.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 2:44 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Jones was looking pretty good last year, until he was injured. I was at the Carolina game and he was flying all over the place. Cam Newton didn't look comfortable in that game. The injuries to Jones and Shazier prevented us from truly seeing what the young front 7 can do. Hopefully they stay healthy and kick butt.

For those that think Jones is a bust, just remember that Timmons took 3 years to be the starter, James Harrison was cut 6 times before sticking with Pittsburgh, Joey Porter was a special teams guy his rookie year (he did kick butt his 2nd year), Jason Gildon was a special teamer for his first two seasons, etc, etc. I really think Jones was on the right track for the first 2.5 games last year until his injury.

Just think, Jones will be better this year. Shazier will be better this year. Tuitt will be better this year. Heyward will be better this year. Timmons will still be a stud. McLendon is better than people think and McCullers will be better this year. I predict a stout front 7 that will get better over the next 2 years.
This was my feeling as well. I thought JJ looked solid in the Carolina game but then unfortunately he got hurt and that was that. And you're right about past linebackers. I wouldn't be surprised if the D really blossoms this year.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:14 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

McClendon is way better than people give him credit for. Its silly actually. Heyward is already stout enough and Tuitt had a good first season for production.

And if McClendon gets hurt again Big Dan's 2014 snaps were impressive with how he stuffed on 3rd down and how light he seemed on his feet at the same time. Hes kinda freakish.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:55 pm

From Adam Schefter the Steelers are trying to trade up in round two. Talking to the Titans

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:58 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
From Adam Schefter the Steelers are trying to trade up in round two. Talking to the Titans
Man there must be someone they really like there. That's quite a jump.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:39 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
Man there must be someone they really like there. That's quite a jump.

From twitter there interested in drafting a Collins

Jalen or Landon?

Hawaii 5-0

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:44 pm

the Steelers are interested in trading up for Eric Rowe...
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
the Steelers are interested in trading up for Eric Rowe...
Now that makes more sense than trading up for Williams.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 4:49 pm

James C Wexell retweeted
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter -

Titans entertaining offers for top pick in 2nd round, No. 33. Top teams in round 2 all taking calls. One team interested in coming up: PITT.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James C Wexell retweeted

Titans entertaining offers for top pick in 2nd round, No. 33. Top teams in round 2 all taking calls. One team interested in coming up: PITT.

It'll cost them dearly to move that far, most likely next year's #1. Not sure if there's anyone that good to pay the price to move up that far.

Jalen Collins, CB LSU is a great corner, but he's got character issues.

Ronald Darby, CB Florida State is an excellent athlete, but not sure he showed enough last year to pay the bill to move up.

Jaelen Strong, WR Arizona State, is a very good, big, fast receiver. Do they pay a big price to move up and get someone who will be their #3 receiver?

Sorry, but right now I'm not seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:02 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James C Wexell retweeted

It'll cost them dearly to move that far, most likely next year's #1.

this year's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th would be what's needed according to the NFL Draft Value Chart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

56   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 56    56   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: