Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLet the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Let the HATE Flow through You

Go down 
+6
stlrtruck
Pappy
tony hipchest
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Buddha Bus
teegre
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:07 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
I thought Cam Thomas was the safety and McCutthers was replacing Ben as QB.  Golson will be the new NT.

no no no.....Wing is the new NT

and as always another great write up Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 184121345

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:09 pm

vasteeler wrote:
I thought Cam Thomas was the safety and McCutthers was replacing Ben as QB.  Golson will be the new NT.

no no no.....Wing is the new NT

He'd better be careful getting too close to Cam Thomas. If Cam hears there's wings on the d-line, he might start eating and ask questions later. Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 2217377625

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:11 pm

@vasteeler thanks, brother.

@Buddha wings-n-things Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Anybody think that selecting ballhawks are a Butler wrinkle? I remember people saying promoting Butler will give us exactly what Lebeau was, but I always thought that wouldn't be the case. Similar, but not same.

Lebeau liked big corners that could run up and tackle, but weren't really the types that could take the ball away. Butler made it a point to pick up 3 guys who attack the ball.

Our 7th round pick could be a major steal if he develops at least some sort of tackling skills. Like many have said, 10 and 14 interceptions don't happen by mistake. Golson being short doesn't bother me in the slightest, height is one of the most overrated things in the NFL. Everyone wants to draft a Calvin Johnson, but how many of these 'tall' receivers have the playmaking ability of Megatron? Megatron makes plays because he's a hell of a player, not just because he's tall.

One thing I noticed about tall corners too is they struggle to cover the quick receivers. Sherman matches well against tall receivers who are fast in a straight line, but Seattle's secondary couldn't cover edelman and amendola for crap
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyFri May 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Anybody think that selecting ballhawks are a Butler wrinkle? I remember people saying promoting Butler will give us exactly what Lebeau was, but I always thought that wouldn't be the case. Similar, but not same.

Lebeau liked big corners that could run up and tackle, but weren't really the types that could take the ball away. Butler made it a point to pick up 3 guys who attack the ball.

Our 7th round pick could be a major steal if he develops at least some sort of tackling skills. Like many have said, 10 and 14 interceptions don't happen by mistake. Golson being short doesn't bother me in the slightest, height is one of the most overrated things in the NFL. Everyone wants to draft a Calvin Johnson, but how many of these 'tall' receivers have the playmaking ability of Megatron? Megatron makes plays because he's a hell of a player, not just because he's tall.
I actually had the same thought during the draft. Seems to me that they look for similar things in their linebackers but Golson, Grant(though I think Dick would been interested since Dick loved his fellow Buckeyes), and Holiman aren't guys that I think would have been picked if LeBEau were here. I think LeBEau would have liked Carter or Rowe (who I know we did like too and we liked Carter enough for a visit.) Honestly, everyone's different. Butler may be a LeBeau disciple through and through but he's going to have his own take on the defense because of his knowledge, his individual philosophy, and what he likes and doesn't like. I am really excited for these guys because I think turnovers have been something we're going to need if we want to build a strong defense once more.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:20 am

Fire Arians wrote:

One thing I noticed about tall corners too is they struggle to cover the quick receivers. Sherman matches well against tall receivers who are fast in a straight line, but Seattle's secondary couldn't cover edelman and amendola for crap

Great post.  

Ballhawks.  They drafted guys with a propensity to make splash plays (regardless of height).  

Sweed was tall.  Moye was tall.  Dallas Baker, Danny Farmer, and many other draft picks were tall.  Yet, none of them are anywhere near as good as AB.  Height is an asset, but not the only asset.  

Finally, in the top ten in receiving stats last season, there was quite a few short & shifty WRs: AB, Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin, OBJ, Brandin Cooks (before he got hurt)...  Golson matches up very well with them.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:23 am

Fire Arians wrote:

I actually had the same thought during the draft. Seems to me that they look for similar things in their linebackers but Golson, Grant(though I think Dick would been interested since Dick loved his fellow Buckeyes), and Holiman aren't guys that I think would have been picked if LeBEau were here. I think LeBEau would have liked Carter or Rowe (who I know we did like too and we liked Carter enough for a visit.) Honestly, everyone's different. Butler may be a LeBeau disciple through and through but he's going to have his own take on the defense because of his knowledge, his individual philosophy, and what he likes and doesn't like. I am really excited for these guys because I think turnovers have been something we're going to need if we want to build a strong defense once more.

Butler seems to want to improve the amount of turnovers created by the secondary. Even if those three (Goldberg, Holliday, Grand) are only HALF as productive as they were in college, that's still 14.5 interceptions... which is 3.5 more than the Steelers had last season.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:32 am

It's gonna be fun to watch. They may be shorter but as you show height ain't everything. If it was, there'd be a ton more 6' plus CBs and I loved Green, my all time favorite non Steeler who was short but played big, I expect Golson to play the same way with a similar chip.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:09 pm

There will be plenty of news about deflate gate in the next 2 months, Suspend Brady for life.

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:06 am

It's gonna be fun to watch. They may be shorter but as you show height ain't everything. If it was, there'd be a ton more 6' plus CBs and I loved Green, my all time favorite non Steeler who was short but played big, I expect Golson to play the same way with a similar chip.

Exactly. Every CB has his drawback: Richard Sherman is tall, but he doesn't do as well against smaller WRs. Ike Taylor was fairly tall, and could cover just about anybody, but had hands of stone. Brandon Browner is tall, but not fast.

A CB who is tall AND is fast AND has hands AND ball skills... is a Hall of Famer.

Simply, there aren't many CBs who have "everything."
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 EmptyMon May 11, 2015 8:07 am

ImperialFan wrote:
There will be plenty of news about deflate gate in the next 2 months, Suspend Brady for life.

THAT is legitimate & justified hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the HATE Flow through You    Let the HATE Flow through You   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let the HATE Flow through You
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3