Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" Empty
PostSubject: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptySat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"

By Jeff.Hartman on May 23, 2015

DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" Usa-today-8290934.0

Stephon Tuitt finished the 2014 season as a starter, and while he doesn't plan on his title changing, he realizes he still has a lot to learn.

When the Pittsburgh Steelers selected Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd round of the 2014 NFL Draft, many thought the team was getting a first round talent in the second round. If 2014 is any indication, Tuitt proved his worth by claiming the starting DE position upon Brett Keisel's season-ending triceps injury and holding that spot for the final four games of the season.

Tuitt has been highly touted in hopes of his production as a sophomore in the NFL and with the Steelers, but the Notre Dame product realizes he still has a long way to go until he gets where he wants to go.

"I have made some progress, but I am in my second year and I still have a lot to learn," Tuitt told Teresa Varley of Steelers.com. "I am with a group of great guys and have a coach who knows the game from the back of his head to the front of his head. I am here to work hard. I love it and I am here to do what I have to do."

Tuitt showed a significant difference in his game as a rookie from the preseason until the season ending playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field in the Wild Card round of the AFC Playoffs. Tuitt credits his work ethic in practice with being the main difference between his play throughout his rookie year.

"I practice hard," said Tuitt. "From that time on the practice field, that's how it clicked. When you do the same plays over and over again that is when it becomes second nature. That is when it clicked for me and I can say I really started playing."

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/23/8648879/pittsburgh-steelers-de-stephon-tuitt-ready-for-second-year-but-still
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptySun May 24, 2015 12:40 am

"Get the QB" or "Kill the RB"

is it really that hard to learn?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:05 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"

By Jeff.Hartman on May 23, 2015

DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" Usa-today-8290934.0

Stephon Tuitt finished the 2014 season as a starter, and while he doesn't plan on his title changing, he realizes he still has a lot to learn.

When the Pittsburgh Steelers selected Stephon Tuitt in the 2nd round of the 2014 NFL Draft, many thought the team was getting a first round talent in the second round. If 2014 is any indication, Tuitt proved his worth by claiming the starting DE position upon Brett Keisel's season-ending triceps injury and holding that spot for the final four games of the season.

Tuitt has been highly touted in hopes of his production as a sophomore in the NFL and with the Steelers, but the Notre Dame product realizes he still has a long way to go until he gets where he wants to go.

"I have made some progress, but I am in my second year and I still have a lot to learn," Tuitt told Teresa Varley of Steelers.com. "I am with a group of great guys and have a coach who knows the game from the back of his head to the front of his head. I am here to work hard. I love it and I am here to do what I have to do."

Tuitt showed a significant difference in his game as a rookie from the preseason until the season ending playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field in the Wild Card round of the AFC Playoffs. Tuitt credits his work ethic in practice with being the main difference between his play throughout his rookie year.

"I practice hard," said Tuitt. "From that time on the practice field, that's how it clicked. When you do the same plays over and over again that is when it becomes second nature. That is when it clicked for me and I can say I really started playing."

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2015/5/23/8648879/pittsburgh-steelers-de-stephon-tuitt-ready-for-second-year-but-still

Pro Bowl DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" 145311802
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Stephon Tuitt experiment will take shape in next three months

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Senior NFL Writer

Physically gifted.

Ideal size and strength.

Versatile.

These are a few terms or phrases applied to 305-pound defensive end Stephon Tuitt during the draft process last season. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said Tuitt is a first-round talent who can shed blockers.

Seventeen tackles, one sack and 400-plus NFL snaps later, the Steelers’ second-round pick has shown glimpses, but won’t be handed those labels without more heavy lifting.

Pro Football Focus listed Tuitt, who turns 22 on Saturday, as one of 23 "average" Steelers players. The Steelers can live with "average" for a rookie. Eight Steelers players graded higher than average, according to PFF. There's no shame in "average."

Now he’s got the next three-plus months to shed the "average" label.

“Tuitt has definitely got a high ceiling,” Steelers defensive end Cam Heyward told TribLIVE.com Wednesday. “We’re just going to see how high it is.”

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/13899/three-challenges-for-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-after-signing-99-m-deal
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt took most of his rookie year to get comfortable enough to play a full complement of snaps. But he did manage to start the Steelers' final five games last year, including the playoffs. This year, he looks poised to be a full-time starter from Week 1.

Tuitt said to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ray Fittipaldo, "I come out here and work my tail off for my teammates every single day. It's nice to get recognition from the coaches to believe in me and hand me the position they gave me." Tuitt is expected to start in place of Brett Keisel, whom he filled in for late last year, when Keisel was placed on injured reserve.

Line coach John Mitchell noted the development he's seen out of Tuitt, saying:

A lot of times, people don't realize last year that guy was a senior in college. You expect the mistakes he made. Those are mistakes you make senior year in college. He is playing in the NFL against guys who have been in the league [five], 10 and 15 years, and he did a good job. It took him a little while longer to pick up our scheme and understand what we are going to do, but you have to realize, he was a young man who just turned 20 years old and he would have been a senior last year at Notre Dame.

Fellow starter Cam Heyward is also optimistic about Tuitt, saying to Fittipaldo, "I expect a lot from Tuitt because he's been in certain situations that most rookies don't get to be in. ... We're [expecting] Tuitt to be ready from Game 1. He definitely has a high ceiling and we're definitely going to see how high it is."

As OTAs give way to minicamp and training camp, we'll get an even better look at how well Tuitt's development into a starter has progressed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2482182-pittsburgh-steelers-ota-standouts-worth-keeping-an-eye-on-this-offseason
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

2nd year player with best chance to make a big impact this season.

Tuitt. Kid gets it. Hustles and humble ... and talented.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 6:58 pm

If it happens it turns a big ? into a big asset.
Throw in some improvement from Big Dan and Mac.....voila, a rebuilt DL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"   DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn" Empty

Back to top Go down

DE Stephon Tuitt ready for second year, but still has "a lot to learn"
Page 1 of 1