Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start Empty
PostSubject: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:17 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 31, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT

Quarterback Dennis Dixon isn’t in camp with the Steelers and doesn’t want to sign his one-year tender offer as a restricted free agent because he wants to go to a team that will give him a chance to start.

The Steelers put a fifth-round tender on Dixon, which means that he’s free to sign with another team, and if he does the Steelers would have the right to match the offer or get that team’s fifth-round pick in next year’s draft. But so far, no team has signed Dixon to an offer sheet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/31/dennis-dixon-unsigned-with-steelers-wants-a-chance-to-start/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:28 pm

ummm, that's because no one wants you because from what they've seen you are sporatic at best. There are already plenty of QBs in the league like that. Sign your one year deal and be done.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

I get that he wants to start but he's only started like what 3 (?) games and only fully played two so I can't believe he's expecting to actually get a chance. Best of luck, though.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Barring an unforeseen circumstance with Big Ben, Dixon isn't starting for the Steelers anytime soon. So if he thinks he can earn a starting job somewhere else, then I wish him the best of luck.

Whether Dixon goes or stays, I'm curious about our backup situation. I don't have a lot of confidence in either Dixon or Lefty, and Batch is another year older ... and he can never stay healthy, even when he was younger. The backup QB position is something we should be addressing.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah backup is rather scary at the moment especially with how rough Ben's playing style is. I would think this has to be Batch's last year. As a player he has absolutely zero value on the field, he should really just become an assistant already if that's all he's going to do. I like Batch bit his time is up. I don't think Lefty is that great of choice either but I'm fine with him for this year (It'd be great to see Ben play all 16 without missing a snap.)

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:58 pm

The way Ben plays the game, he isn't going to be in the league past another 5 years (imo), so what the Steelers need to address isn't just the backup position but also someone to take over the reigns for Ben down the road.

I was excited when the Steelers got Dixon, but he just hasn't been fruitful enough to beat out Lefty or Batch and that tells me that he's not getting it. I think he could probably be a good backup to Vick in Philly but they've got Vince Young.

So Dennis if you want a chance there's always...well to be honest, I can't think of a place where you could get an opportunity to try to start!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:27 am

We could always see what Brett Favre is doing. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 611739232 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3798349058

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
We could always see what Brett Favre is doing. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 611739232 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3798349058

Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1824088959 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1505004552 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1824088959 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 294855916 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1788976989

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1824088959 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1505004552 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1824088959 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 294855916 Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 1788976989

No? How about Jamarcus Russell? He might be able to play a little backup nose tackle for us as well. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 106674522

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

No? How about Jamarcus Russell? He might be able to play a little backup nose tackle for us as well. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 106674522

I think he may now actually be heavier than Big Snack. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

I think he may now actually be heavier than Big Snack. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3798349058

As well as Fat Bastard and Max Starks. Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start 3562723908

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm sure everyone has already heard this by now ...

Steelers sign QB Dixon to one-year deal

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Quarterback Dennis Dixon has signed a one-year contract and will play for the Steelers this season before looking for a team where he has a chance to start.

Read more: Steelers sign QB Dixon to one-year deal - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749466.html#ixzz1Tq7Fr8iB

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start   Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start Empty

Back to top Go down

Dennis Dixon unsigned with Steelers, wants a chance to start
Page 1 of 1