Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGreat Fathers Day Article Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Great Fathers Day Article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Great Fathers Day Article Empty
PostSubject: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 am

During his days with the Steelers, I didn't see too many articles that gave me an understanding of the type, and quality, of person Ziggy Hood was. I really liked him as a player coming out of college, but it seems his skill set wasn't a good fit for this team. About the only thing I knew for sure is that he is an incredibly powerful defensive lineman. Thought his recent article is a perfect post for all those dads out there.

Happy Fathers Day fellas!

Ziggy Hood wrote:
One of the hardest things to deal with is when my teammates bring their kids into the locker room to play around. You know everybody’s having a good time. All the kids are roughhousing and causing trouble, and then I’m getting questions like, “Ziggy, where’s your son at? How come you never bring him around?” I never really knew how to respond to that. What am I supposed to say, “My child has special needs and he can’t do the things that normal kids do because of I’m afraid of him getting hurt.” I play defensive tackle in the NFL — this isn’t a profession where you talk about weakness that often. But every time I saw those little boys playing and making memories, I cried a little bit on the inside.

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ziggy-hood-son-fathers-day/
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 11:45 am

Wow, I now have a whole new perspective on Ziggy. He didn't end up being the kind of player most of us thought he'd be, but he's an outstanding man and father.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 12:27 pm

I never had a problem with Ziggy Hood, unlike some Steeler fans. I wish him well in Jacksonville, and will wish him well with any other team he might play for in the future.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Great article. Thanks for sharing it.

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 pm

very good read. I always liked Ziggy too. He has a very wonderful looking family.

PostSubject: Re: Great Fathers Day Article   Great Fathers Day Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Fathers Day Article
Page 1 of 1