Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTime may not be on Smith's side Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Time may not be on Smith's side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Time may not be on Smith's side Empty
PostSubject: Time may not be on Smith's side   Time may not be on Smith's side EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 am

I'm posting from later in the article on Aaron Smith, where it's more interesting ...
-------------------

By Mike Bires

So considering his age and injuries, there’s been speculation about his status with the Steelers. Some wonder if he might be cut due to salary cap concerns. Some wonder if Smith will be asked to re-negotiate his contract. He’s due to make $4.5 million this season. Some wonder if Smith will be a backup now that Hood is entering his third season.

After all, Hood played well last year when taking over for Smith. There’s no reason to believe Hood won’t soon be the Steelers’ next all-star defensive end.

“Not me,” Smith said, when asked if he’d be upset if Hood started in front of him. “I’m about winning football games, and if they feel someone else can get the job done better, then by all means let it happen. I’ll do whatever it takes to help us win.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/time-may-not-be-on-steelers-smith-s-side/article_b5a86da3-98fe-5710-9957-0f7bbd0323f8.html
---------------------------

Awesome! Time may not be on Smith's side 3056903510

We have a lot of guys with that kind of attitude. Is it any surprise why we're competitive year after year?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

Time may not be on Smith's side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time may not be on Smith's side   Time may not be on Smith's side EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 am

Wallace108 wrote:
“Not me,” Smith said, when asked if he’d be upset if Hood started in front of him. “I’m about winning football games, and if they feel someone else can get the job done better, then by all means let it happen. I’ll do whatever it takes to help us win.”
---------------------------

Awesome! Time may not be on Smith's side 3056903510

We have a lot of guys with that kind of attitude. Is it any surprise why we're competitive year after year?

That's what I love about Steeler football. Time may not be on Smith's side 3056903510

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down

Time may not be on Smith's side
Page 1 of 1