Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 pm

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said he will miss the next three weeks as he recovers from a minor stress fracture in his left foot.

"It`s a minor setback for a major comeback," said Sanders, who is projected as the Steelers` No. 3 receiver this season.

Sanders` left foot is in a protective boot and he is walking with crutches. Sanders had surgery on his left foot in April and it has been slow to heal. To expedite the process, Sanders was given an injection of bone marrow and calcium.

Read more: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749630.html#ixzz1TtjidmnC

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Quick! Somebody hurry up and give Plaxico Burress a contract! What? AW SHIT! Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 294855916 Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 1797695198

You knew there'd be some camp injuries coming. At least this seems relatively minor.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Did he re-aggravate this week? Or is this just the news from last week except now its official that he'll be sitting out for 3 weeks? Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 2087824411

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Did he re-aggravate this week? Or is this just the news from last week except now its official that he'll be sitting out for 3 weeks? Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 2087824411
All I know is that he had surgery Monday.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Farrior_roirraW wrote:

It's different news Shocked I'm a little worried that he won't be doing much on the field especially with lockout and it only being his second year.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 am

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Farrior_roirraW wrote:

It's different news Shocked I'm a little worried that he won't be doing much on the field especially with lockout and it only being his second year.
I don't remember hearing about him being injured this year until yesterday. But if he was, and this is just me speculating, I wonder if that played into them wanting to sign Plax? Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 am

OK, this clarifies it ...

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will miss at least the next three weeks, including the first two preseason games, after undergoing a minor surgical procedure on his left foot Monday to help expedite healing of the foot that he had surgery on in April.

"It's a minor setback for a major comeback," Sanders said. "That's what I keep telling myself. I'll be OK. The good thing is I've been studying the playbook this whole summer and I'm getting mental reps, so I think I'll come back."

Sanders broke his right foot during Super Bowl XLV. He developed a stress fracture in his left foot over the next few months that required surgery.

Steelers trainer John Norwig recommended that Sanders sit out the first week of training camp because the receiver was still dealing with soreness. Sanders lasted one practice before Mike Tomlin shut him down Sunday.

Read more: Steelers' Sanders sidelined with ailing foot - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_749728.html#ixzz1TwJgVG5f
------------------------------------------------

So this isn't a new injury. He's been having problems with it, and the coaches knew about it. That makes me wonder even more if his health factored into them wanting Plax. I could be reading too much into it.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 am

Yeah you probably are. Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks 1797695198

But, the article clears it all. I knew that he was missing practice but did not know about his left foot so suddenly it all makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks   Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers WR Sanders out 3 weeks
Page 1 of 1