Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit

Go down 
+5
Buddha Bus
JonM229
harrison'samonster
stlrtruck
Atlanta Dan
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit Empty
PostSubject: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 11:35 am

Terrell Suggs in mid-season form

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford said after Saturday's preseason game that he believes Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs intentionally targeted his knees on a tackle.

Bradford, who returned to the field for the first time since missing the 2014 season due to a re-torn ACL, was tackled by Suggs on a play that drew a 15-yard penalty for a low hit.

“I think that was what he was trying to do," Bradford told reporters, when asked if he felt Suggs was aiming at his knees. “I was a little upset. I'm not sure I can repeat what I said to him.”

Eagles offensive tackle Jason Peters had stronger words, calling Suggs' hit a “cheap shot at the quarterback.”

“I'm pretty sure he planned it. We practiced against them all week, and I'm pretty sure he was thinking about it,” Peters told reporters. “I really don't know him personally. He talks a lot. I think he is that kind of player—dirty, and takes shots at quarterbacks.”

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/08/23/sam-bradford-eagles-ravens-terrell-suggs-jason-peters
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Suggs and a cheap shot in the same sentence.

Color me surprised.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:33 am

Suggs is a dirty player. I have little doubt he planned it

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am

If you don't want Suggs to cheap shot the QB, don't let him get to the QB.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:01 pm

JonM229 wrote:
If you don't want Suggs to cheap shot the QB, don't let him get to the QB.

And if you don't want people to get stabbed outside of a nightclub, don't let Ray Lewis party there.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:34 pm

John Harbaugh is incensed at this type of comment by the Eagles

On the same day that the NFL cleared Terrell Suggs of any wrongdoing, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh vented about a couple of Philadelphia Eagles players who called out the linebacker for being a dirty player and taking a cheap shot on quarterback Sam Bradford.

"When you start popping off about somebody's character, you cross the line," Harbaugh said Monday. "That's not really something that we would respect."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13502999/john-harbaugh-baltimore-ravens-unhappy-philadelphia-eagles-criticism-terrell-suggs-hit-sam-bradford

Like accusing someone of running "illegal" formations to gain a competitive advantage - that type of comment attacking someone's character obviously would not be something Harbaugh would respect or ever say Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 1401235891

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said after Saturday's 35-31 loss to the New England Patriots* that he felt the four-man offensive line that coach Bill Belichick used in the third quarter was "deceptive" and "illegal" ...

"It's not something that anybody has ever done before," Harbaugh said. "They're an illegal type of a thing and I'm sure that [the league will] make some adjustments and things like that.

"We wanted an opportunity to be able to identify who the eligible players were," Harbaugh explained, "because what they were doing was they would announce the eligible player and Tom would take it to the line right away and snap the ball before [we] even figured out who was lined up where. And that was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception."

Harbaugh also told reporters that the Patriots* should have been penalized for those substitutions.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/10/john-harbaugh-new-england-Patriots*-baltimore-ravens-deceptive-illegal-substitutions

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
John Harbaugh is incensed at this type of comment by the Eagles

On the same day that the NFL cleared Terrell Suggs of any wrongdoing, Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh vented about a couple of Philadelphia Eagles players who called out the linebacker for being a dirty player and taking a cheap shot on quarterback Sam Bradford.

"When you start popping off about somebody's character, you cross the line," Harbaugh said Monday. "That's not really something that we would respect."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13502999/john-harbaugh-baltimore-ravens-unhappy-philadelphia-eagles-criticism-terrell-suggs-hit-sam-bradford

Like accusing someone of running "illegal" formations to gain a competitive advantage - that type of comment attacking someone's character obviously would not be something Harbaugh would respect or ever say Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 1401235891

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said after Saturday's 35-31 loss to the New England Patriots** that he felt the four-man offensive line that coach Bill Belichick used in the third quarter was "deceptive" and "illegal" ...

"It's not something that anybody has ever done before," Harbaugh said. "They're an illegal type of a thing and I'm sure that [the league will] make some adjustments and things like that.

"We wanted an opportunity to be able to identify who the eligible players were," Harbaugh explained, "because what they were doing was they would announce the eligible player and Tom would take it to the line right away and snap the ball before [we] even figured out who was lined up where. And that was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception."

Harbaugh also told reporters that the Patriots** should have been penalized for those substitutions.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/10/john-harbaugh-new-england-Patriots**-baltimore-ravens-deceptive-illegal-substitutions

Harbaugh a hypocrite? No way! Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 2800024739

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 pm

idk, im not one to defend the the rats but the play didnt look dirty to me Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 2087824411

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:35 am

It was a dirty hit. Much like the one last year before Blount was kicked to the curb and Suggs hit him from behind and tried to cripple him.

Plus Johnny H is a cry baby. When blatant calls go against his team he has an aneurysm.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 am

vasteeler wrote:
idk, im not one to defend the the rats but the play didnt look dirty to me Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 2087824411

I didn't think it was a particularly egregious hit either, but it sure is funny seeing Harbaugh's butthurt in action. Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:10 am

I have just seen the hit. What hit? Suggs tackles Bradford with his forearms, he doesn't go to the legs with his head/shoulders. And if Suggs wanted to get Bradford of the field that's how he would have tackled him. Suggs can make dirty plays, but that wasn't one of them.
Also, if the Eagles don't want their porcelain QB getting injured then they need to stop using the read-option. Because if they do it Bradford soon or later will be carted of the field no matter who they play against.
And it's so typical that the refs drew a flag for a QB like Bradford. If this was Ben or Luck or whatever other tough QB they wouldn't have done that because those players would have barely gone down after a tackle like that. At least not the way Bradford did.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:21 am

vasteeler wrote:

Me neither. Almost looked like he was taking it easy on him. Pretty sure Bradford was fair game there.

Harbaugh is a douche.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 am

Rules state (I believe as per the Tom Brady rule from '08) you can't hit a QB below the knees or at the knees.
Although it only applies to Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:38 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
Rules state (I believe as per the Tom Brady rule from '08) you can't hit a QB below the knees or at the knees.
Although it only applies to Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers.

In a read-option play like this one, the QB is considered a runner and that rule doesn't apply. Hence why the league said this was a legal hit and a flag never should have been drawn. Suggs even had the right to hit Bradford really hard with his helmet if he wanted.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000515248/article/blandino-terrell-suggs-hit-on-bradford-a-legal-play

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I didn't think it was a particularly egregious hit either, but it sure is funny seeing Harbaugh's butthurt in action. Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 1797695198

that i will agree with Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit 312503953

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

The NFL want's to protect the most important players which on most teams is the QB so it shouldn't matter the play, just tackle him cleanly.

Like last year when Timmons hammered Matt Ryan square in the chest, the cleanest most vicious hit you can get now a days and yet it was a flag. You can't win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit   Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit Empty

Back to top Go down

Bradford thinks Suggs targeted his knees on hit
Page 1 of 1