Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey to have surgery Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey to have surgery

Go down 
+24
Lokki
Buddha Bus
Fire Arians
Rhyno
kirklandrules
FrancoLambert
SteelersNorth
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
zcoop
jak341
teegre
tony hipchest
ImperialFan
lvsteelersfan
HeinzMustard
stlrtruck
Stella Nation
El-Gonzo Jackson
vasteeler
Wallace108
SoCalFan
IowaSteeler927
SteelerSpartan
Atlanta Dan
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Pouncey to have surgery Empty
PostSubject: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:57 pm

This is awful....we can't be taking hits like this....our depth is pretty meh

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:26 pm

So the best possible outcome is back in November - great
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Not good. Well looks like Cody Wallace better put jis big boy pants on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Better than a ligament though! I will take a broken bone over soft tissue damage all day every day! I had 2 rotator cuff surgeries and would much rather have broken my collar bone AND arm. My guess is 7-8 games!

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:14 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Wallace can be a real pain in the ass to opposing defenses. Pouncey to have surgery 1650858226

Pouncey to have surgery Starks-wallace-dig

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:17 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Better than a ligament though! I will take a broken bone over soft tissue damage all day every day! I had 2 rotator cuff surgeries and would much rather have broken my collar bone AND arm. My guess is 7-8 games!

Spot on.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

NEWS from Heinz Field: Pouncey expected to miss eight weeks, fellow offensive linemen tell us

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Wallace can be a real pain in the ass to opposing defenses. Pouncey to have surgery 1650858226

Pouncey to have surgery Starks-wallace-dig

ha ha i had forgotten about that Ben LOL

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 pm

broken fibula. He will be back by midseason. Jack Youngblood played the Super Bowl with a broken fibula.....back when football was a tough guys game. Pouncey to have surgery 3366384954
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:48 am

Many injuries in a game where both teams were careful and fair. Sometimes you just can't avoid disaster. Let's hope Pouncey can return by midseason and that Cody Wallace can do better than he showed against BJ Raji.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:04 am

I guess it's time to find a new center in the upcoming draft.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey to have surgery 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 am

Pouncey is cursed. It's a damn shame.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:11 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Many injuries in a game where both teams were careful and fair. Sometimes you just can't avoid disaster. Let's hope Pouncey can return by midseason and that Cody Wallace can do better than he showed against BJ Raji.

Cody Wallace has the strength to handle the best there is in the NFL. He's on record as squatting 740LBS and Benching 480 lbs. He just doesn't have the feet or athleticism that Pouncey has to be as effective in short pulls, zone or long pull like Pouncey. I think we are fortunate to have a guy like him backing up though.

That probably means that Hubbard makes the 53 because he can backup Wallace until Pouncey returns. I personally thought that BJ Finney was mauling guys much better than Hubbard, so hopefully he goes unclaimed and makes the practice squad.
Back to top Go down
lvsteelersfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:24 am

I don't understand why they are running pulling plays with your injury prone All-Pro center where there is a good likelihood of getting the back of your leg rolled up during preseason. It is totally unnecessary for a preseason game. I understand it is football and freak injuries happen. But is it really necessary for Pouncey to be in the game running pulling plays in a meaningless preseason game when he has shown a propensity for injury? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see it. They need to dump preseason totally or at least cut it down to two games. I know that sucks for the younger players but they already know the veterans are ready to go so why risk those injuries in games that don't count.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 am

lvsteelersfan wrote:
I don't understand why they are running pulling plays with your injury prone All-Pro center where there is a good likelihood of getting the back of your leg rolled up during preseason. It is totally unnecessary for a preseason game. I understand it is football and freak injuries happen. But is it really necessary for Pouncey to be in the game running pulling plays in a meaningless preseason game when he has shown a propensity for injury? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see it. They need to dump preseason totally or at least cut it down to two games. I know that sucks for the younger players but they already know the veterans are ready to go so why risk those injuries in games that don't count.

If he pulls on that play in regular season, he should be pulling on it in preseason. Need to practice timing, the OG down blocking depending on what technique or front the DT is playing, etc.

If football players and football coaches decide to change plays and not play because of the fear of injury....they should take up Tennis or Track and Field. Stuff happens, its just not great when it happens to our players.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm

fuck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 pm

lvsteelersfan wrote:
They need to dump preseason totally or at least cut it down to two games. I know that sucks for the younger players but they already know the veterans are ready to go so why risk those injuries in games that don't count.

After what happened to his best receiver, Aaron Rodgers agrees

“It’s difficult to lose a guy like that in a meaningless game,” a downtrodden Rodgers said during his postgame news conference.

In response to a question about how the Packers’ offense performed on the game’s opening series — a 10-play, 80-yard touchdown drive — Rodgers, in part, replied: “This game doesn’t mean anything.”

Rodgers then said he felt he could adequately prepare for the regular season without a single preseason game.

When asked if he wished the preseason were eliminated, he said: “I think a lot of players around the league probably do. At least cut it down, maybe, to a couple.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/08/24/aaron-rodgers-calls-nfl-preseason-games-meaningless-after-jordy-nelsons-injury/
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 pm

So the best case scenario looks to be having him back by week 7. I hope we are doing alot of dink and dunk the first 2 weeks w/o bell.

. .
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:56 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
So the best case scenario looks to be having him back by week 7.  I hope we are doing alot of dink and dunk the first 2 weeks w/o bell.

Actually week 9

The rule stipulates that a player must be on IR for eight weeks. After six weeks, he can begin practicing but cannot play for eight weeks. He also must be on the final 53-man roster before he can go on IR. Pouncey’s injury will keep him out at least that long and once the surgeon goes in there to most likely put a plate on his broken fibula, they may find it more complicated and it will take longer for him to heal and, if possible, return this season.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/08/24/Pouncey-Possible-Short-Term-IR-Candidate/stories/201508240002

But Dr. David J. Chao (aka Monday Morning MD), who is able to diagnose injuries and expected recovery times by watching video, is not that optimistic

Based on video analysis, Pouncey has a clear high ankle type injury with likely associated fracture. Surgery is needed as the fibula (smaller lower leg bone) is no longer secured to the tibia (larger lower leg bone) and thus the ankle is unstable. This is not just fracture surgery but involves syndesmotic ligament healing. Simple ankle fractures take six plus weeks to recover. Complex ones like Pouncey’s take three plus months to recover. Last season, Browns center Alex Mack suffered the same fate in October and had season ending surgery.

Typically this fracture results in injured reserve (IR). With it still being preseason, the best hope here for the Steelers is IR/designated for return. Unfortunately, a December return would be a best-case scenario.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/monday-morning-md-acl-and-achilles-end-seasons/
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
So the best case scenario looks to be having him back by week 7.  I hope we are doing alot of dink and dunk the first 2 weeks w/o bell.

Actually week 9

The rule stipulates that a player must be on IR for eight weeks. After six weeks, he can begin practicing but cannot play for eight weeks. He also must be on the final 53-man roster before he can go on IR. Pouncey’s injury will keep him out at least that long and once the surgeon goes in there to most likely put a plate on his broken fibula, they may find it more complicated and it will take longer for him to heal and, if possible, return this season.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/08/24/Pouncey-Possible-Short-Term-IR-Candidate/stories/201508240002

But Dr. David J. Chao (aka Monday Morning MD), who is able to diagnose injuries and expected recovery times by watching video, is not that optimistic

Based on video analysis, Pouncey has a clear high ankle type injury with likely associated fracture. Surgery is needed as the fibula (smaller lower leg bone) is no longer secured to the tibia (larger lower leg bone) and thus the ankle is unstable. This is not just fracture surgery but involves syndesmotic ligament healing. Simple ankle fractures take six plus weeks to recover. Complex ones like Pouncey’s take three plus months to recover. Last season, Browns center Alex Mack suffered the same fate in October and had season ending surgery.

Typically this fracture results in injured reserve (IR). With it still being preseason, the best hope here for the Steelers is IR/designated for return. Unfortunately, a December return would be a best-case scenario.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/monday-morning-md-acl-and-achilles-end-seasons/
Pouncey to have surgery 294855916

Well shit...

. .
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm

I'd rather have Pouncey out in September-November, than have him miss December-February.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 4:47 pm

See if the Steelers make a move in the upcoming days and see if / what they sign. My thought is: if they sign a younger FA or cut from another team, they are confident Pouncey is coming back. If they go out and sign a vet., then Pouncey may not be back for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Pouncey to have surgery
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next