Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey to have surgery - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey to have surgery

Go down 
+24
Lokki
Buddha Bus
Fire Arians
Rhyno
kirklandrules
FrancoLambert
SteelersNorth
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
zcoop
jak341
teegre
tony hipchest
ImperialFan
lvsteelersfan
HeinzMustard
stlrtruck
Stella Nation
El-Gonzo Jackson
vasteeler
Wallace108
SoCalFan
IowaSteeler927
SteelerSpartan
Atlanta Dan
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 5:21 pm

We just need to accept these preseason injuries as God's will

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25279353/lions-safety-god-meant-for-packers-wr-jordy-nelson-to-get-hurt
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:39 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
lvsteelersfan wrote:
I don't understand why they are running pulling plays with your injury prone All-Pro center where there is a good likelihood of getting the back of your leg rolled up during preseason. It is totally unnecessary for a preseason game. I understand it is football and freak injuries happen. But is it really necessary for Pouncey to be in the game running pulling plays in a meaningless preseason game when he has shown a propensity for injury? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see it. They need to dump preseason totally or at least cut it down to two games. I know that sucks for the younger players but they already know the veterans are ready to go so why risk those injuries in games that don't count.

If he pulls on that play in regular season, he should be pulling on it in preseason.  Need to practice timing, the OG down blocking depending on what technique or front the DT is playing, etc.

If football players and football coaches decide to change plays and not play because of the fear of injury....they should take up Tennis or Track and Field.  Stuff happens, its just not great when it happens to our players.

Agreed, this has nothing to do with propensity for injury, his ankle was rolled over from behind. The last injury was the more freaky play when DeCastro hit him from behind. This is football and shit happens.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 am

God doesnt seem like that cool of a dude.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 7:16 am

Supposed to get the full update today at Tomlin's presser on how long he is officially out for.
My quick guess like a few others here is that he is back for the final 6 games.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:43 am

I'll throw this here, as it is clearly related to the Pouncey injury. From Steelers.com...

Welcome back Doug Legursky
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 am

jak341 wrote:
I'll throw this here, as it is clearly related to the Pouncey injury. From Steelers.com...

I like Legursky. Glad to see him back.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:53 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.  

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25279353/lions-safety-god-meant-for-packers-wr-jordy-nelson-to-get-hurt

Taking Quin's thought process a step further........

So God has already decided who will win the Super Bowl? Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1505004552

I sure hope he pulled out the Black and Gold ball out of his bingo hopper. Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1372836603
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:13 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

So God has already decided who will win the Super Bowl?     Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1505004552

I sure hope he pulled out the Black and Gold ball out of his bingo hopper.   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1372836603

Maybe the Devil got Jordy Nelson in their fantasy draft and God was trying to sabotage his season? Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:20 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

So God has already decided who will win the Super Bowl?     Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1505004552

I sure hope he pulled out the Black and Gold ball out of his bingo hopper.   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1372836603

God: "Let's see who will win the SB this year. Maybe the Browns? Whahahahahahahaaaa!!!! If I'm in a good mood they might win a game this year. After all, the world needs losers too."
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:54 am

I feel like God is a Patriots* fan.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:24 am

ImperialFan wrote:
I feel like God is a Patriots** fan.

So by the same measurement, God must have been a Hitler and Stalin fan as well? They had pretty good runs back in the day.

No, I suspect God doesn't care much for the lying, cheating, and dishonesty shown by a certain club ... but who am I to say?
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 12:18 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I feel like God is a Patriots*** fan.

So by the same measurement, God must have been a Hitler and Stalin fan as well? They had pretty good runs back in the day.

No, I suspect God doesn't care much for the lying, cheating, and dishonesty shown by a certain club ... but who am I to say?

I think there is a high probability that God was a huge Hitler fan.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:25 pm

The fibula is the small bone that runs parallel to the tibia. It bares just 10% of a persons weight and usually when broken does NOT require surgery unless the bone is displaced which im guessing was the case with Pouncey.  Depending on how badly the fibula was broke, I see no reason to put a plate on the fibula, the bone should stay stationary once fixed and casted or booted. Unless the fibula was shattered I see no reason for any hardware which could mean a second surgery in the future to remove it. A person can walk on a broken fibula (as we seen pouncey walk off the field) Im guessing its more of a broken ankle than it is his leg, probably the lower fibula. a 6-8 week healing process plus rehab. Pouncey could easily miss 10 games.

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

via GIPHY

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:10 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I feel like God is a Patriots**** fan.

let me guess.....driving high again

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:26 pm

jak341 wrote:

SUPER BOWL!

In all seriousness great signing. He's an able backup that has experience in our system. And he's only 29, it's not like we're pickup up a max starks type of player that has been out of the league before coming in to play.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Great to hear we brought Doug Legursky back. He knows our system and was a solid and versatile backup. I'm just glad they didn't call Sean Mahan honestly. Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Great to hear we brought Doug Legursky back. He knows our system and was a solid and versatile backup. I'm just glad they didn't call Sean Mahan honestly. Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1797695198

or Justin Hartwig

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:36 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

or Justin Hartwig

Or my favorite left tackle Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1505004552 Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 2:58 pm

vasteeler wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I feel like God is a Patriots***** fan.

Stalker

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:55 pm

vasteeler wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I feel like God is a Patriots***** fan.

Or maybe Flying High Again..

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

or Justin Hartwig

Or my favorite left tackle Jonathan "Rollerskates" Scott Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1505004552 Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 1797695198

What?? Sounds like the perfect time to give Max Starks a call.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 am

Damn. I didn't want to believe this to be true. Now we have to deal with Doug "Speed Bump" Legursky

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:52 pm

Gerry Dulac of the P-G guesses Pouncey's return is the Sunday after Thanksgiving in Seattle. That would be game #11 in week #12 after the bye week.

Any word on when Pouncey may be back? Maybe the Bengals game in November?

Gerry Dulac: I think that's too early. If all goes well, I think Nov. 29 in Seattle is a better target date

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/08/26/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-8-26-15/stories/201508260207
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:15 am

RECENT NEWS

Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey's fractured left fibula/ankle is expected to sideline him until Week 12.
He'll miss the first eight games on I.R./return, then is expected to miss two more weeks rehabbing and conditioning. The Steelers' bye falls in Week 11, and the early expectation is Pouncey will be available in Week 12. Pittsburgh remains strong at guard and tackle, but will ask a lot of Cody Wallace to replace Pouncey at the pivot. 26-year-old Wallace has made six spot starts the past two seasons, earning positive PFF grades in 2013 but floundering mightily last year. Aug 28

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5706/maurkice-pouncey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey to have surgery   Pouncey to have surgery - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pouncey to have surgery
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next