Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMMQB - DPW - Shazier Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

MMQB - DPW - Shazier

Go down 
+17
DesertSteel
Stella Nation
tony hipchest
Drizztbob
Hawaii 5-0
Rhyno
SoCalFan
Fire Arians
BlackAndGold
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelerEmpire
IowaSteeler927
El-Gonzo Jackson
FrancoLambert
ImperialFan
marvology
Vis
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

MMQB - DPW - Shazier Empty
PostSubject: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:52 am

Quote :

blah blah blah

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

Ryan Shazier, linebacker, Pittsburgh. This is exactly the kind of game the Steelers envisioned when they drafted Shazier in the first round of the 2014 draft. The numbers were ridiculous enough: 15 tackles, a sack for a 17-yard loss, three tackles for loss, a strip and recovery off Colin Kaepernick, when the Niners were trying to get back in the game in the second quarter. With the immense production came speed, the kind of speed that had multiple teams—Atlanta wanted him badly pre-draft in 2014—hoping he fell to them. Pittsburgh, instead, got the sideline-to-sideline speed and presence that Shazier has brought to the interior.

blah blah blah

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/21/nfl-week-2-seattle-seahawks-monday-morning-quarterback

Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 pm

1. Seems like we're losing durability as a LB in exchange for that sideline-to-sideline speed
2. The 49ers came off a 6-day break to our 10-day break. Great win, but we still gave up 2 monster drives they didn't score TDs on that would have made this a very different game.

http://www.marvbook.com
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:30 pm

I hope shazier keeps this up, we would be legit SB contenders if we were putting pressure on QBs making our defense at least average

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:56 pm

The guy was all over the field busting up plays before they had a chance to happen.
If he keeps it up no one is going to think we should have selected CJ Mosely instead of him.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:04 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
The guy was all over the field busting up plays before they had a chance to happen.
If he keeps it up no one is going to think we should have selected CJ Mosely instead of him.

Eddy Lacy thinks Shazier had a good game.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:18 am

marvology wrote:
1. Seems like we're losing durability as a LB in exchange for that sideline-to-sideline speed
2. The 49ers came off a 6-day break to our 10-day break.  Great win, but we still gave up 2 monster drives they didn't score TDs on that would have made this a very different game.

Someone always has to be pessimistic. The defense played lights out. These guys are pros and the 4 extra days we had off weren't a huge factor in the game. Most of the 49ers production came in garbage time when the Steelers stopped blitzing and backed off in coverage when the game was already out of reach. We were scoring on their defense at will from beginning to end and easily could've put up 50 on them. The defense showed how good they can be when they make tackles, communicate well, and play fundamental football. It would've been an exceptionally bad day for Kaepernick if the defense had kept blitzing all game because his wet paper sack offensive line wasn't blocking anybody. Remember the 49ers shut down Adrian Peterson holding him to only 30yds or so rushing in the Vikings game Week 1. DeAngelo Williams put up 77yds on them, and scored 3 TDs. Imagine if Bell had been on the field, or Bryant for that matter, hell how much better would the running game have been if Maurkice wasn't injured?

I think people are putting too much stock into that Patriots* loss. Despite communication issues, poor tackling, and the Patriots* magically playing their broadcast through our coaching staff's headsets when we were moving the ball... We still only lost by a TD. Let those cheaters come to our house where they can't screw with the headsets, when we've got Bell back on the field, and the defense has their heads in the right place and lets see who wins.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:58 pm

He could be the new Polamalu

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:30 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
He could be the new Polamalu

If were looking at just tackles. He could be 'better' (whaaaat?).

Troy did line up like a linebacker a lot but be still had to play like a SS sometimes (sometimes.. Lol). Shazier would actually have more precense on the middle of the field to make tackles against dink and dunk, screens, closing in on the run.

But yeah is Shazier is more of Troys replacement than Shark is when you think about it. Spot on observation.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:14 pm

the steeler fan base has been starving for a defensive play maker for the past 4-5 seasons

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:30 pm

I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance. The first week vs the Patriots*, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

Hey, I hope he becomes a perennial pro bowler and all, but its just one game folks. I'm more impressed with the way that Heyward, Tuitt play and how they disrupt things so that some other guys like Shazier, Moats, Dupree were able to get to the football.

The arrow is pointing up, but its still a long way from being as good as Kendrell Bell.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Shazier had a solid game against the Pats*.

Heyward & Tuitt were nowhere to be found in the Pats* game. And they was going against rookies.

It is one game but Shaziers play was the exact reason why they drafted him.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 pm

marvology wrote:
1. Great win, but we still gave up 2 monster drives they didn't score TDs on that would have made this a very different game.

And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:23 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance.  The first week vs the Patriots**, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

Hey, I hope he becomes a perennial pro bowler and all, but its just one game folks.  I'm more impressed with the way that Heyward, Tuitt play and how they disrupt things so that some other guys like Shazier, Moats, Dupree were able to get to the football.  

The arrow is pointing up, but its still a long way from being as good as Kendrell Bell.

One thing that's good about hype, it means something good happened.   MMQB - DPW - Shazier 1797695198

You're right about the contributions from Heyward, Tuitt, Moats, and Dupree.
When I re-watched the game I made an effort to focus on them.  All were very good.
Heyward and Tuitt were very disruptive at the line of scrimmage.

Earlier, I said Shazier reminded me of Jack Lambert, the way he shot through the gaps, busting up running plays in the backfield.  Well, at least for 1 game.   Heyward And Tuitt were big reasons for that.

Jack had help in front of him too.   MMQB - DPW - Shazier 184121345
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 6:00 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance.  The first week vs the Patriots***, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

Hey, I hope he becomes a perennial pro bowler and all, but its just one game folks.  I'm more impressed with the way that Heyward, Tuitt play and how they disrupt things so that some other guys like Shazier, Moats, Dupree were able to get to the football.  

One thing that's good about hype, it means something good happened.   MMQB - DPW - Shazier 1797695198

When I re-watched the game I made an effort to focus on them.  All were very good.

Earlier, I said Shazier reminded me of Jack Lambert, the way he shot through the gaps, busting up running plays in the backfield.  Well, at least for 1 game.   Heyward And Tuitt were big reasons for that.

You are correct. Its just the comparisons to Polamalu and Lambert after 2 reg season games in his 2nd season is downright hilarious.

He is impactful and I hope durable to having a 10 year career in B&G. But I honestly think the past 3-5 seasons, the best ILB's in the game were Patrick Willis and Luke Keuchly and neither of them had the impact on the game that Polamalu did in his prime.

I can honestly say that maybe 5 of our front 7 are solid or upper echelon. Will be nice to watch them keep improving.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 7:10 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance.  The first week vs the Patriots*****, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

You are correct.  Its just the comparisons to Polamalu and Lambert after 2 reg season games in his 2nd season is downright hilarious.

He is impactful and I hope durable to having a 10 year career in B&G.  But I honestly think the past 3-5 seasons, the best ILB's in the game were Patrick Willis and Luke Keuchly and neither of them had the impact on the game that Polamalu did in his prime.  

I can honestly say that maybe 5 of our front 7 are solid or upper echelon.  Will be nice to watch them keep improving.

Hey I never said he was a better tackler than Polamalu. Only that he could be. Cam Thomas could be a pro bowler.

Shazier lit it up in preseason and in NE (8 tackles) so hes been on an uptick thats meteoric compared to last  season. The injury of course had certainly a lot to do with that though.

Its like predicting that Antonio Brown could be a hall of famer. Sure its technically too early to say but something about the way he carries himself, prepares himself, and of course plays the game gives a strong possible foreshadowing to him making a speech in Canton. Hype is fun!
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:49 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
marvology wrote:
1. Great win, but we still gave up 2 monster drives they didn't score TDs on that would have made this a very different game.

And if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle
F. A. Jenner?

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:05 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance.  The first week vs the Patriots**, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

MMQB - DPW - Shazier Debbie-downer1
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:32 pm

only thing that worries me about shazier is he does seem to be on the injured list every week. he will be a baller if he's durable enough for this NFL lifestyle but the same could have been said for a lot of promising players that have come and gone. kendrell bell was one of those ones
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Shazier misses practice again

Posted by Zac Jackson on September 24, 2015

MMQB - DPW - Shazier 618f4f3b8a8520de258f0f78f20f5ef7

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier missed his second straight day of practice Thursday, leaving his status for Sunday’s game at St. Louis in question.

Shazier suffered a shoulder injury last week while posting a monster game against the 49ers. Shazier had 15 tackles, three tackles for loss, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a sack in that game. Injuries slowed Shazier’s transition to the NFL and to a new position last year, but the Steelers have a new scheme and a more confident Shazier has shown off his speed and instincts.

The Steelers aren’t good enough defensively to be missing one of their best players, and to make things more worrisome regarding Shazier’s situation, the Steelers have a short-week situation next week as they host the Ravens in a Thursday night game.

Wide receiver Markus Wheaton also missed Thursday’s practice. Wheaton, who’s been an integral part of the offense with Martavis Bryant suspended for the first four games, has a chest injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/24/shazier-misses-practice-again/
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I so much love watching the overhype after a weeks performance.  The first week vs the Patriots******, Shazier was nowhere to be seen, but now that he played 1 great game, he is already being anointed the next great playmaker.

You are correct.  Its just the comparisons to Polamalu and Lambert after 2 reg season games in his 2nd season is downright hilarious.

He is impactful and I hope durable to having a 10 year career in B&G.  But I honestly think the past 3-5 seasons, the best ILB's in the game were Patrick Willis and Luke Keuchly and neither of them had the impact on the game that Polamalu did in his prime.  

I can honestly say that maybe 5 of our front 7 are solid or upper echelon.  Will be nice to watch them keep improving.

Hey I never said he was a better tackler than Polamalu. Only that he could be. Cam Thomas could be a pro bowler.

Shazier lit it up in preseason and in NE (8 tackles) so hes been on an uptick thats meteoric compared to last  season. The injury of course had certainly a lot to do with that though.

Its like predicting that Antonio Brown could be a hall of famer. Sure its technically too early to say but something about the way he carries himself, prepares himself, and of course plays the game gives a strong possible foreshadowing to him making a speech in Canton. Hype is fun!

...a speech in Canton?!? Might be a little early to get on that foreshadowing.

Hype is all sizzle and no steak. Just like the Devin Gardner, Tyler Murphy, Taj Boyd preseason hype and 2nd coming of Kordell Stewart comparisons. Or the Day 3 draft hype of Gerod Holliman and comparing him to Ed Reed. Shazier can play and if people watched tape of him at OSU they saw him scrape his way thru the trash and make tackles.............all I am saying is that I find the over reacting hype whores on this board to be very amusing.

I rewatched last weeks game a bit more and I see Tuitt, McLendon and Heyward holding the point of attack and beating their man. I see a leaner RT Gilbert holding down the right side, while DeCastro battles, but is more like Brendon Stai than Alan Faneca, but you cant post about something of substance like interior line play on a board like this....you need to hype the sizzle, not the steak. MMQB - DPW - Shazier 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:03 am

Just imagine if he grows some eyebrows how menacing he could be...

Kidding. Love Shazier, loved the draft pick, he is the speed we need at the position in modern day NFL with much more mobile QB's. Excellent play recognition and ball awareness. He will be a playmaker for us IF he can stay healthy. Big if with another injury issue this week.

tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 am

mlb/ilb's also suffering injury problems (moreso than shazier)-

luke kuekley
kiko alonzo
sean lee
patrick willis

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 10:16 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Just imagine if he grows some eyebrows how menacing he could be...

Kidding.  Love Shazier, loved the draft pick, he is the speed we need at the position in modern day NFL with much more mobile QB's.  Excellent play recognition and ball awareness.  He will be a playmaker for us IF he can stay healthy.  Big if with another injury issue this week.

Yeah, there were some who highlighted his injury past in college. I hope he can stay healthy and maybe they manage some of his snaps by making sure Spence and Williams get into the rotation enough.

History of minor injuries that have caused him to miss playing time. - Dane Brugler
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824417/ryan-shazier
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 10:18 am

tony hipchest wrote:
mlb/ilb's also suffering injury problems (moreso than shazier)-

luke kuekley
kiko alonzo
sean lee
patrick willis

Sean Lee? I cant remember who the Steelers drafted instead of him...somebody should start a thread about that. MMQB - DPW - Shazier 2761542443
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 10:21 am

There are two types of hype.
Hype that is based solely on wishful thinking and hype that is based on some degree of performance.

The hype about Gardner, Murphy, and Boyd had no substance to it at all.  Nothing but wishful thinking.
The recent hype being generated about Shazier all stems from his outstanding play last week.

To call him the next Jack Lambert or Troy Polamalu would be completely foolish at this point in time.
But to say his level of play and the disruption he caused reminds you of the way Lambert or Troy played and influenced a game isn't going overboard IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMQB - DPW - Shazier   MMQB - DPW - Shazier Empty

Back to top Go down

MMQB - DPW - Shazier
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next