Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho do we root for this week? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who do we root for this week?

Go down 
+17
SoCalFan
Steeler-in-west
FrancoLambert
Fire Arians
vasteeler
Vis
Rhyno
Craziaskowboi
ImperialFan
Hawaii 5-0
teegre
white_steel_wolfe
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steeler Zach
jak341
SteelersNorth
Steelcitian
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

Who do we root for this week? Empty
PostSubject: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:21 am

I'm anticipating a win against St. Louis, and we obviously want the Browns to lose, but I can't get myself to root for The Ravens to beat the Bengals even though it would work out better for us in the standings.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:42 am

The Bengals will stumble at somepoint so that's not a problem.
I love to see Johnny stew in his own anger. I think he's the only coach to get pissed when the call goes in his favor.

I picked the Bengals in my straight up pool lol
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 12:28 pm

I'm going to root for the Ravens. I think, overall, the Bengals are the bigger threat to a division crown than the Ravens.
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 pm

The way I see it, either the Bengals lose, which will prevent them from getting too far ahead in the standings, or the Ravens start the season 0-3. Either way, Steelers fans win.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Steeler Zach wrote:
The way I see it, either the Bengals lose, which will prevent them from getting too far ahead in the standings, or the Ravens start the season 0-3. Either way, Steelers fans win.
Yes this is win-win for us with the Bengals 2-0 and the Ravens 0-2.
Back to top Go down
white_steel_wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Rooting for Bengals
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Fuck the Ravens!!!

Go Ginger!!!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 3:54 pm

teegre wrote:
Fuck the Ravens!!!  

Who do we root for this week? Hey%2Bbaltimore
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:00 pm

It may be early in the season but if this were week 15 we would be thinking much more strategically. If a Ravens win can put us into a tie for the division lead Ill go with it.

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:04 pm

There's been a "round robin" scenario in the AFC North recently. The Steelers struggle with the Ravens. The Ravens struggle with the Bengals. The Bengals struggle with the Steelers. For this reason, I'd rather the Bengals beat the Ravens again because I'm more confident in the Steelers handling the Bengals than I am in the Steelers handling the Ravens. Besides, an 0-3 start is very difficult for any team to overcome, and it's about time for the Ravens to have some misfortune for a change.
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
It may be early in the season but if this were week 15 we would be thinking much more strategically. If a Ravens win can put us into a tie for the division lead Ill go with it.

This is how I feel, too. I hope the Ravens beat the Bengals, then the Steelers trounce the Ravens and send them to 1-3. I won't shed a tear if the Bengals do win, though.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:16 pm

I want the magpies to win but rooting is the wrong term.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:19 pm

if cincy wins this week and we win next week that puts the rats at 0-4

go bengals Who do we root for this week? 2744185472

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:37 pm

I'M ROOTING FOR A METEOR STRIKE
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:54 pm

At what point will the term undefeated bengles begin to bother you?

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 5:18 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
At what point will the term undefeated bengles begin to bother you?
When Dalton looks like a QB that can win in the POs.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Bengals.

I'd rather see the Ravens get buried early.

The Bungles will take care of things for us later in the season....on their own.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:19 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Bengals.  

I'd rather see the Ravens get buried early.

The Bungles will take care of things for us later in the season....on their own.

Probably but you never know, currently being a game behind them in the loss column id rather see them lose. Thats just my logic.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 8:36 pm

I'll slightly favor whoever is the underdog (Raven's in this case)

let's just take care of business on Sunday ourselves. I won't rest easy until I see this team beating teams its supposed to.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:19 pm

I don't mind either way! I think I would like to see the rats sneak by the bungholes just to bring them back down to earth. I just know it would be insanely nice to go undefeated in the division, possible? Asking much?

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 6:20 am

I actually like the Ravens Who do we root for this week? 611739232 And I think the Bengals are a far bigger threat than the Ravens so an easy choice for me.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:12 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I actually like the Ravens Who do we root for this week? 611739232 And I think the Bengals are a far bigger threat than the Ravens so an easy choice for me.

affraid

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 9:15 am

Ravens falling to 0-3 sounds good to me.

Browns are a team to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:28 am

WVABE wrote:
Ravens falling to 0-3 sounds good to me.

Browns are a team to keep an eye on.

I think Baltimore is toast this year.
Too many personnel losses and no spark.

Cincinnati is going to be a contender and if Manziel is for real, I think Cleveland will be lurking close by.

As for "who to root for", I don't get all caught up in that since I have absolutely no control over any of this.
We just need to keep scoring and keep winning until they tell us to stop playing and to hell with everyone else!

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 am

The lesser of 2 evils is the Bengals. I hate the Ravens because of their d-bag of a coach.
The Bengals will screw up at some point and time so there's no need to worry.
The Browns are who we thought they were :)

The only team standing in the Steelers way is themselves.
The black and gold boys should have won week 1 but alas it didn't happen.
They then went and trounced a team they were supposed to trounce in the 49ers, and Sunday they should put up another 40 burger now that we have Bell back. Mind you I keep hearing that the Rams dline is pretty good. So who knows lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do we root for this week?   Who do we root for this week? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do we root for this week?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next