Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The give Landry Jones a chance thread

Go down 
+37
marvology
Stairway2-7
steelstoned1972
SteelersCanada
EbonySteel86
steelcrazy
Bert Gordon
FrancoLambert
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
steelcityboyz
harrison'samonster
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
zcoop
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
kan_t
SoCalFan
HeinzMustard
WVABE
pczach
SteelCity4Life
Chaotic Zen
Stella Nation
Steelcitian
tony hipchest
Steeler Zach
Fire Arians
jak341
El-Gonzo Jackson
Master_Of_Puppets
IowaSteeler927
ImperialFan
Vis
schillah
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steel Peon
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 6:57 am

Landry is a true 3rd string QB. If and when the Steelers ever cut him he's done in the league.

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:02 am

No matter how terrible Vick may have looked on several plays Jones would have been 3 times worse. I'm not a Vick fan but he's the best we have til BB returns.
Sunday will be a slaughter.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:58 am

I have to admit... I was screaming for Landry Jones until the 4th quarter. Looks like Vick is slowly figuring out the Steelers O. I'll make a bold prediction... Vick is going to have a great game this Sunday vs. Cardinals.... 3TDs, 300+ yards.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Jones can't even win a preseason game against a bunch of scrubs, no way he does any better than vick. if Jones was playing the game would have been over by the 3rd quarter for us
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Jones can't even win a preseason game against a bunch of scrubs, no way he does any better than vick. if Jones was playing the game would have been over by the 3rd quarter for us

Cant really evaluate that, because Jones hasn't been given 3 quarters to run with starters like Bell, Brown, Wheaton, Miller, etc. Besides, Vick didn't account for any points until the 3rd quarter, the FG and Pick 6 were the only points until Ben drew up a play in the dirt for Vick to lob an underthrown pass to Wheaton for points.

Thanks anyway for bringing some normalcy to the discussion. The Landry Jones hate has been lacking since early August games and it just hasn't felt right around here.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

This.

Think about the situation if Jones would have been called into action last night.

• Game is close yet.
  • Jones has had little to no work with the 1st stringers. Vick has had 10 days or so, and Vick's timing isn't down. I couldn't imagine what Jones would look like.
  • Jones has never played in a meaningful NFL game before.
  • Jones looked very pedestrian against people who are selling used cards, bagging groceries, or completing a degree right now.

No pressure on Jones of course.

There is no way that ends well for Jones or the Steelers.

The only way Jones sees action in last night's game is if Vick threw those 2 INTs and the Chargers scored. Or if the Steelers were down by more than 14.

You may not like Vick, nor is he a dominant QB, but he gives us the best chance to win right now. And that is above what FA QBs are on the street today.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:10 pm

To all the Jones haters out there, SUUUCCCKKK IT!!!!! The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 1378315869

But welcome aboard! The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 1372836603

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Reading this thread is fun. LOL
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Happy for Landry. Didn't know he had it in him. Welcome back Bryant too.
Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:23 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
To all the Jones haters out there, SUUUCCCKKK IT!!!!! The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 1378315869

Nobody hates Jones, we just know who and what he is. BTW, that picture of your sucks. I had to shut down my browser because my nephew and grand son was in the room.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:26 pm

I'd like to apologize for being the first in this thread to drive the hate train. Landry pulled through. Btw that picture does not suck. Your nephew is also your grandson o.O ?
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:36 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
I'd like to apologize for being the first in this thread to drive the hate train. Landry pulled through. Btw that picture does not suck. Your nephew is also your grandson o.O ?
Yup, pic does not suck! Actually showing less than what one would see at the beach or public pool! Here it is again! The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2625562446

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:58 pm

Kids never really been given a real honest shot to show his worth until today. Hope he takes it in to next game and builds off of it!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Jones showed a lot more poise than I expected out of him, I might be wrong about LJ but it's something I'm glad to be wrong about
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:18 pm

I am impressed with his mechanics, feet planted, looks downfield and lets it go with confidence, unlike a skiddish Vick. Dare I say he looked like a real NFL starter, not for us but believe me, the rest of the league is watching. I know it is just one half but I think he just has it.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:19 pm

zcoop wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

Nobody hates Jones, we just know who and what he is. BTW, that picture of your sucks. I had to shut down my browser because my nephew and grand son was in the room.

The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 3562723908 i'm with you. i never really get to read SoCalFans comments my son is usually here with me and i have to scroll real fast to the next post

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:20 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
I am impressed with his mechanics, feet planted, looks downfield and lets it go with confidence, unlike a skiddish Vick. Dare I say he looked like a real NFL starter, not for us but believe me, the rest of the league is watching. I know it is just one half but I think he just has it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he looks like starter material, but he did play with a lot more confidence than Vick, which is huge when trying to get a spark from your teammates.

That TD to bryant was a beauty, though that was more the run after the catch, but still, he got it in the hands of possibly our most explosive playmaker
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Who wants me to change my sig pic? Lets start a poll. Those who dislike it, I apologize. The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2164293255

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Who wants me to change my sig pic? Lets start a poll. Those who dislike it, I apologize. The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2164293255  

I don't dislike it, but there are times I have to scroll through quickly

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:37 pm

I hate your picture because she's wearing more clothes than I'd like The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:04 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Yup, pic does not suck! Actually showing less than what one would see at the beach or public pool! Here it is again! The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2625562446
Love the Pic!!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Landry Jones is Digest Player of the Week

He was the last resort, and it sure felt exactly like that at the time. The Steelers offense was struggling to a degree that was both frightening and unprecedented in the Ben Roethlisberger era. Fifty-nine total net yards of offense in the first half, to go along with 0-for-6 on third downs. Six yards passing, and that became 1 net yard passing after the one sack for 5 yards was subtracted from the total.

During the opening possession of the third quarter that resulted in a Steelers field goal that cut the Arizona lead to 10-6, Mike Vick ran twice for 17 yards and injured a hamstring in the process. Vick was in the process of being evaluated for that hamstring injury when a hit by James Harrison caused a fumble that Mike Mitchell recovered, and with Roethlisberger still in street clothes because of a left knee injury, when the Steelers offense went back onto the field Landry Jones was the quarterback.

In 25 minutes of playing time, the first 25 minutes of playing time in an NFL career that today is in its third season, Jones completed 8-of-12 for 168 yards, with two touchdowns, no interceptions, and a rating of 149.3. Jones’ 8-yard touchdown pass to Martavis Bryant four plays after Mitchell’s fumble recovery gave the Steelers their first lead of the afternoon, and then his 88-yard hookup with Bryant on a play that began with 2:15 remaining provided the touchdown that turned out to be the deciding points for the Steelers in their 25-13 victory over the Cardinals today at Heinz Field.

Jones is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered was Bryant, who in his first game back from a four-game suspension caught six passes for 137 yards and two touchdowns; Le’Veon Bell, who rushed 24 times for 88 yards; James Harrison, who had four tackles, including two for loss, one sack, and one forced fumble; Mike Mitchell, who had two tackles, an interception in the end zone, and a fumble recovery; Cam Heyward, who had two tackles, both for loss, and three hits on the quarterback; Lawrence Timmons, who had six tackles, one interception, and one hit on the quarterback; Ross Cockrell, who had four tackles and two passes defensed; and Chris Boswell, who was four-for-four on field goals, and had six of his seven kickoffs reach the end zone with one touchback.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-68bf6090be64
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Well I look stupid

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Deebo bids Bon Voyage to the Mike Vick Experience

Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) tweeted at 4:46pm - 18 Oct 15:

James Harrison on Landry Jones: "He's our quarterback now." (https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/655847498993565696?s=17)

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Deebo bids Bon Voyage to the Mike Vick Experience

Ed Bouchette (@EdBouchette) tweeted at 4:46pm - 18 Oct 15:

James Harrison on Landry Jones: "He's our quarterback now." (https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/655847498993565696?s=17)

The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 175256714    The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 312048480      The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 59467727      The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 3657739657     The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2063091802      The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 2906524739

And we all agree.  The Michael Vick experience is over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The give Landry Jones a chance thread   The give Landry Jones a chance thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The give Landry Jones a chance thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next