Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sorting out crowded backfield Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sorting out crowded backfield

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers sorting out crowded backfield Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm

LATROBE - Many running backs might have viewed the Steelers re-signing of Mewelde Moore as a threat to their job security.

Not Baron Batch. The Texas Tech rookie, already an early camp fan favorite, said he merely sees it as another veteran to learn from.

Batch may need all of the football education he can get, as the Steelers possess a crowded backfield that lacks definition behind starter Rashard Mendenhall. With no minicamps or OTA sessions in the offseason, the Steelers staff didn't have the usual opportunity to evaluate backs prior to camp.

Recently re-signed third-down back Mewelde Moore and short-yardage back Isaac Redman appear to be firmly entrenched behind Mendenhall, but the door is open for an eclectic mix of younger backs in camp to make a move.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/steelers-sorting-out-crowded-backfield/article_1bcd3926-41ef-5b63-b9e7-120fcea78966.html
---------------------------------------

I'm sorry ... where's our need for Tiki? Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 2829330259
Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 pm

It's a great problem to have, I just hope Batch doesn't end up like another Kuhn!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 am

From what I am hearing in camp JD might be the odd man out. Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1401235891
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 am

stlrtruck wrote:
It's a great problem to have, I just hope Batch doesn't end up like another Kuhn!
You don't want him to end up as the greatest running back of all time? Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 2829330259

blastfurness wrote:
From what I am hearing in camp JD might be the odd man out. Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1401235891
Yeah, the talk about Dwyer hasn't been good.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
You don't want him to end up as the greatest running back of all time? Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 2829330259

You Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1824088959 Jackass Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1824088959

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Good problem to have. I hope Batch lives up to the buzz and makes the team. I would have been fine with Memo being let go.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Good problem to have. I hope Batch lives up to the buzz and makes the team. I would have been fine with Memo being let go.
I'm going on record ... I'm not a fan of Moore. I have a hard time believing that one of the rookies (or younger guys) can't give us everything that Moore can.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm going on record ... I'm not a fan of Moore. I have a hard time believing that one of the rookies (or younger guys) can't give us everything that Moore can.

and how Steelers sorting out crowded backfield 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sorting out crowded backfield   Steelers sorting out crowded backfield Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sorting out crowded backfield
Page 1 of 1