Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)

Go down 
+18
FrancoLambert
JPPT1974
solardave
vasteeler
SteelersCanada
IowaSteeler927
ImperialFan
SoCalFan
Hawaii 5-0
Wallace108
Steel Peon
lotas
Atlanta Dan
Fire Arians
SteelerSpartan
Steeler Zach
Steeler-in-west
jak341
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) Empty
PostSubject: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Gameballs:
I don't know if anyone played a well enough game to get a game ball, except Miller

• Miller - sorry man. Forgot about your fantastic performance.
  • Blake - nice pick.
  • Mitchell - same.
  • Rest of D - they did enough to get the win.

Goats

• Ben - gotta play better than what you did. It's your knee that was hurt, not the area of your brain that recognizes defenses.
  • O-Line - what looked like a strength earlier seems to be regressing in play.
  • Offensive play calling - looks out of sorts.

Edit: Forgot about Miller's game (shame on me). Giving him the game ball.

Last edited by jak341 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:45 pm

^What you said
Back to top Go down
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Gameballs:

I can't think of anyone who deserves one.

Goats:

Ben was making awful decisions all game long.
O-Line gave up too much pressure and held far too much.
Penalties.
Bell's injury.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:57 pm

What the flying f*** was that on offense in the 4th

Ben just sh** this game and likely the division away....You get paid all that doe to be an elite QB....not some scrub 2nd stringer.

Once Bell went out he and this offense looked clueless.

We lost this game with Andy going full playoff mode Dalton.....let that Fffing sink in

Very proud of the defense....and Heath Miller for making tough catch after tough catch from a lousy QB today.

The thing that really makes this one hurt is yet another injury to one of our stars....we'll be lucky if bell has the same injury as Ben and only misses 4 games.

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Goat
- The entire offense. Couldn't deliver when we needed
- Tomlin's clock management (again)

Game ball
- Defense. Valiant effort and held the bengals to under 20. Offense didn't do their jobs unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:09 pm

Game balls

Heath
Butler - he is doing it with smoke and mirrors

Goats

Ben - the last INT was Kordell worthy and the pass that ended the game could not be caught
Tomlin clock management

Offensive line

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Noticeable drop off in OL play since Beachum went down.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:

And Pouncy as well. Wallace may be individually handing the position, but he isn't the anchor of the O line like Pouncy is.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:21 pm

jak341 wrote:
Steeler-in-west wrote:

And Pouncy as well. Wallace may be individually handing the position, but he isn't the anchor of the O line like Pouncy is.

yeah, when Pouncey went down we went from good to average. With Beachum gone too, we've become below average.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Such a hard one to watch. I had the eerie feeling as the game went on that we would hold the lead until the last minutes and ultimately lose, and damn it was hard to watch it come to fruition.

Unfortunately, after Bell went down the offense deflated big time, you could feel it in the crowd even. That one interception was 2005 era Ben trying to make something out of nothing when it's not even necessary, frustrating to see from our veteran QB.

While the defense wasn't flawless, they were god damn great for 55 minutes of football.
Denying them over and over again, even in the red zone.

Also, no that this matters but I would point out the officiating was poor all around today. Not just the flags and calls, but the spotting was terrible. There was a pass AJ Green caught in the 4th that Golden or Gay or someone tackled him and stopped him from getting the first down. It was clear the ball didn't come close yet they ruled it a 1st down uncontested and played on.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Also, I'm all about physicality, but god damn it feels like the Bengals are maliciously tackling with the intention of trying to injure us. I think ever since VonOlhoffen injured Palmer the Bengals have had it out for us injury wise. I know today was a brutal dog fight with injuries on both sides; but I was downright scared for Ben and Bell at times today. Between Atkins hitting Ben's knee within the first quarter and the way Bell got mauled on that tackle out of bounds was downright malicious. Did you see the way Burfict (I think it was him) was grabbing Bell's neck/helmet as he went down? It just did not look respectful or appropriate. God damn I hate the Bengals.

This season is plagued with injuries that we keep band-aiding up just to have it torn off again in worse condition.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:13 pm

Same as everybody here, I guess.
D gets the gameball
O gets the goat

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Welp, we once again snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. And once again to a division rival. I don't mind getting beat (actually, I do, but you know what I mean), but I can't stand losing games we should win.

Game Balls

The defense for playing well most of the game and putting the offense in a position to win the game. Maybe it's just my perception, but it seemed like the defense was swarming to the ball and gang tackling much more often than I can remember in a long time.

Miller: He was reliable as ever and did something the receivers didn't do (explanation below).

Goats

Ben: I don't know if it was rust or concern about his knee, but other than the first drive, he looked off all game. Even a lot of his completions were shaky passes.

Receivers: I counted at least four drops. With Ben not as sharp as he usually is, the receivers needed to help him out. They didn't.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Miller is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers.com

Heath Miller led the Steelers in catches with 10 and in receiving yards with 105.

With Ben Roethlisberger back in the starting lineup for the first time in 35 days following his rehabilitation of a sprained knee and a bone bruise sustained in the Sept. 27 game against the Rams in St. Louis, there was a reasonable expectation that the Steelers passing game would perk up considerably. That didn’t happen, but it had nothing to do with Heath Miller not being his usually reliable self.

With Roethlisberger showing signs of rust associated with a month of inactivity, the Steelers offense was not sharp outside of a game-opening possession in which the unit drove 80 yards in 12 plays for a touchdown. After that opening drive, the Steelers would convert only one more third down situation, and they were 0-for-2 in the red zone.

But over the course of the 16-10 loss to the Bengals at Heinz Field today, Heath Miller was consistently reliable. Miller finished with a team-best 10 catches for 105 yards, he drew a pass interference penalty that converted a third-and-2 late in the fourth quarter, and he also drew an unnecessary roughness penalty on safety George Iloka after making a catch over the middle that tacked on an additional 15 yards to the play.

Heath Miller is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Antwon Blake, who had eight tackles and his second interception of the season, which came 2 yards deep in the end zone and thwarted one Bengals’ attempt at taking a lead in the fourth quarter; Cam Heyward, who had three tackles, a hit on the quarterback, a pass batted at the line of scrimmage, and a blocked field goal; Ryan Shazier, who had eight tackles, including two for loss, and shared a sack with Jarvis Jones; Mike Mitchell, who had five tackles, an interception, and two passes defensed; and DeAngelo Williams, who rushed nine times for 71 yards and caught four passes for 39 more to finish with 110 yards from scrimmage.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Miller-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/3c42a293-91a7-43ac-aeb2-b10a8caf9e53
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:15 pm

Miller was the ONLY constant today! He and the D get a game ball.

Farm animals go to who we least expected, the receivers for dropping key balls. If they catch those catchable balls Ben wouldn't be here, but he is, Ben you ARE a farm animal this week too!

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:41 pm

Watching this game put me in a horrible mood. Ben's stat look just like Jones did last week, His knee is clearly not healed... then he lies about it on the post game. This is why Ben will never truely be elite- shit like this doesnt happen to brady or rogers. Looks like Fat Ass got his contract and went into get fat and play till you are to fat to play then retire a millionare at the age of 35 mode

bahhh BEN IS A FAT GOAT

Brown- Goat

DHB -GOAT

WHEATON - GOAT

BELL- GOAT

Retard Tomlin - GOAT! (what a fucking dumbass)

Game ball goes to outstanding play by Harrison, Heyward and the rest of the defense.

maybe we can still get a wild card.

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 pm

LOL

Bell is a goat? Because he should have titanium knees and never get hurt

And Ben will never be Rogers (one Super Bowl and counting)?

Buy a breathalyzer and once you start blowing three times the legal limit quit posting
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:10 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Watching this game put me in a horrible mood. Ben's stat look just like Jones did last week, His knee is clearly not healed... then he lies about it on the post game. This is why Ben will never truely be elite- shit like this doesnt happen to brady or rogers. Looks like Fat Ass got his contract and went into get fat and play till you are to fat to play then retire a millionare at the age of 35 mode

bahhh BEN IS A FAT GOAT

Brown- Goat

DHB -GOAT

WHEATON - GOAT

BELL- GOAT

Retard Tomlin - GOAT! (what a fucking dumbass)

Game ball goes to outstanding play by Harrison, Heyward and the rest of the defense.

maybe we can still get a wild card.

Ben's issues had nothing to do with his knee and everything to do with poor decision making. He wasn't smart with the football and turned it over three times. This loss is squarely on his shoulders but really we're calling players fucking dumbasses, fat, and what not? I hope this post is supposed to be some kind of sarcasm or satire.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:13 pm

There won't be many games in which Roethlisberger is outplayed by Geno Smith and Josh McCown.

That's all that needs to be said about this game.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
LOL

Bell is a goat?  Because he should have titanium knees and never get hurt

Buy a breathalyzer and once you start blowing three times the legal limit quit posting

Listen goldylocks,
I was joking.

But the entire team looked like fucking shit, tomlin made a couple stupid calls and ben played like shit. thats the fucking bottom line and if you disagree with that than you are what they would call "under the line". So sorry if in my disgusted mood I went over the top, but that shit was ridiculous. Pissed the whole season down in one game. And yes Bell gets a goat. Injuries may be part of the game, and I don't blame the injury on Bell, but he's going to miss most of the rest of the season that qualifies by my book. Or do we all have to go by your book? ya smug turd

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
LOL

this 1000 times

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Stay classy

Thanks for confirming you think Bell is at fault for getting hurt

Get a f***ing grip
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Stay classy

Thanks for confirming you think Bell is at fault for getting hurt

Get a f***ing grip

You might want to re read my post, or maybe update your understanding of 4th grade level vocabulary.
" I don't blame the injury "(on bell)

That meant I don't think its HIS fault he got injured. Get a f*cking dictionary.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
LOL

Listen goldylocks,
I was joking.

But the entire team looked like fucking shit, tomlin made a couple stupid calls and ben played like shit. thats the fucking bottom line and if you disagree with that than you are what they would call "under the line". So sorry if in my disgusted mood I went over the top, but that shit was ridiculous. Pissed the whole season down in one game. And yes Bell gets a goat. Injuries may be part of the game, and I don't blame the injury on Bell, but he's going to miss most of the rest of the season that qualifies by my book. Or do we all have to go by your book? ya smug turd

Let's be civil here. Insulting other members is walking the line and calling an injured player a goat is honestly pretty classless.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:45 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
LOL

Listen goldylocks,
I was joking.

Let's be civil here. Insulting other members is walking the line and calling an injured player a goat is honestly pretty classless.

Yeah sure lets be civil, I'm down with that.

PostSubject: Re: Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)   Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bengals at Steelers - Gameballs and Barnyard Animals (Goats)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next