Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCamp could be make or break for Limas Sweed Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed

Go down 
+2
SteelersYak
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed Empty
PostSubject: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ryan Clark was walking through the Steelers' locker room before Super Bowl XLV when he noticed wide receiver Limas Sweed cutting a lonely figure in front of his stall.

Clark handed Sweed a pair of headphones. The veteran free safety had cued his iPod to his favorite gospel song, "Your Tears," and he left it with Sweed.

"It seemed like he needed something," Clark said. "By the time I came back, he had it on repeat."

Fast forward to the second day of training camp. Sweed, bothered by setbacks on and off the field the past two seasons, declares he is "110 percent" physically and mentally.

He leaves little doubt that he has found his footing -- this following the dropped passes that threatened to be the epitaph of his Steelers career, a stint on the non-injury/illness list and a major foot injury.

Still, one of the intriguing questions of this preseason is whether Sweed can find a spot in the wide receiver rotation after getting passed by Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown.

"I feel like I have something to prove to my coaches and to myself, that I'm ready to be here and that I'm ready to play," Sweed said. "Yeah, I have a chip on my shoulder."

Read more: Camp could be make or break for Steelers WR Limas Sweed - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_750614.html#ixzz1UVBfxZeF
------------------------------------------

Quote :
"Yeah, I have a chip on my shoulder."
Which will end up being replaced by either a sling or a cast. Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 am

It's amazing how you can have high hopes for a guy and they don't live up to the expectations. I'm sure it's tough for a guy like him to get over the mental aspect of having a chip on his shoulder in addition to the injuries that have plagued him.

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 am

I'm still hoping he'll pull through it but the drop against the Ravens and Bengals nearly kills me every time I hear his name. Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed 1505004552 Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed 1797695198

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 am

If Sweed can make it back to his college type production days, our WR corp would be invincible. To the point that Ben would have problems sharing the ball.

However, with the many setbacks that Sweed has experienced, I'll hold my breath on this one and see how well he produces in camp.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am

sweeeeeeeeed Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd love to see this kid stay healthy and prove all the naysayers wrong. I've been pulling for him from the start and would like nothing more than to see him make the Steelers feel good about not signing Burress.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed   Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed Empty

Back to top Go down

Camp could be make or break for Limas Sweed
Page 1 of 1