Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShout out to Mike Tomlin. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Shout out to Mike Tomlin.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Shout out to Mike Tomlin. Empty
PostSubject: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:24 pm

I've been very critical of Mike Tomlin, Some of his calls this season have pissed me off. However, I am going to give credit where credit is due. He has gotten this team through some shit this season. I wonder if the Patriots* lost their starting running back, starting quarterback, starting center etc if they would be 5-4? The cowboys are 0-6 since they lost romo. I don't always agree with Tomlin, but to keep this team in contention into the second half of the season after what they've been through commands respect.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:41 pm

I think Butler deserves equal respect as well. We all expected the defense to be a lot more immature and unrefined than it is. I know statistically they aren't impressive (it's not like our 2008 defense or anything) but when it comes to keeping us in games they have done an admirable job, and have held the mantra of bend don't break (with a few exceptions). They have forced turnovers and generated sacks, two things that were non-existent the last few years under Lebeau. I'm happy and thankful just to see some damn turnovers again.

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 8:30 pm

and next week you will be cursing him again. no offense, you are a very bipolar poster

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:03 pm

vasteeler wrote:
and next week you will be cursing him again. no offense, you are a very bipolar poster

Shout out to Mike Tomlin. 755331329

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:03 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Lol. Yeah I'll be cursing him if he has one of his Tomlin moments  then tries to justify going for it on 4th and 4 up by 2 points at the steelers 5 yard line with 10 seconds left then calls for short screen pass to Daniel McCullers which falls short then stares into space for 5 minutes.

I know I'm hard on Tomlin. The reason I was flipping shit last week is because of another member on here calling me a Troll for saying Tomlin is poor at clock management and should have attempted a 53 yard field goal rather than punting from the Cincinnati 38 yard line netting 18 yards on the punt. I do understand his logic behind both calls although I didn't agree with them, I was just going way over the top because someone pissed me off...and I was more or less taking my anger out on Tomlin.

None the less, after a very entertaining game this weekend  and all the big numbers our offense put up, then eeking out the win even after Ben went down, just overall puts me in a better mood... but now that the injuries have gone from bad to worse to unreal just the fact that we have a winning record and are in the thick of a wildcard hunt makes me feel a little better about our head coach.

I still have this fantasy where we beat the browns, come back from the bye healthy and steam roll into the playoffs picking off the bengles and Patriots* on the way to our 7th superbowl. That may not happen but I can always dream.

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:25 pm

vasteeler wrote:

#TRUTH. Shout out to Mike Tomlin. 1647293567 can I get an "AMEN"?

. .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shout out to Mike Tomlin.   Shout out to Mike Tomlin. Empty

Back to top Go down

Shout out to Mike Tomlin.
Page 1 of 1