Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to Seattle - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to Seattle

Go down 
+36
steelmusic
Chaotic Zen
WCSteeler
Geordie
white_steel_wolfe
Vis
SteelersNorth
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
Hawaii 5-0
steelerdude15
TESS743
lotas
jak341
Jazzo
pczach
SteelersCanada
HeinzMustard
IowaSteeler927
Stryker
SteelerEmpire
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
solardave
PhantomJB93
SteelCity4Life
The_Joker
ImperialFan
Rhyno
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
SteelerSpartan
SteelersYak
Fire Arians
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

On to Seattle - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:13 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
SteelerSpartan wrote:
I also wouldn't be surprised to see the refs letting them get away with their physical play on our Wrs....because the NFL doesn't want to deal with more headlines about how biased their refs are.....Think about it..... what are we going to hear all week leading up to that game.....Its going to be a constant regurgitation of how screwed the Seahawks were in XL.....

Could very much turn out like something you see in the NBA....where the coach bitches and moans to the media all week about the refs....and it buys them calls in the upcoming game.

If they got a problem with penalties they should tell their players to not break the freakin rules. we won they need to get over it

Refs called pass interference on Sherman last night, also got Bobby Wagner for chucking a WR downfield away from the play.  I think they are not getting away with stuff in the secondary they have in the past.

Personally, I am going to enjoy any SBXL talk.  Have to remind the cryhaws fans:

-they gave up the longest run in SB history to an UDFA
-they threw an INT to a CB with the worst hands in the NFL
-they let a WR throw a TD pass on the same play they just used vs the Bengals
-they lost to a QB who had a 22.6 rating.  Stan Humphies has a 56 rating for San Diego in his SB loss
-Darrel Jackson pushed off badly.
-Shaun Alexander was on the back of a milk carton in that game.
-They let 400lb Casey Hampton sack Hasselbeck.

fun times!
Heh great points. I actually don't mind their current guys like Wilson, Lynch, and Sherman but man the way that fanbase whined and cried conspiracy over the SB ten years ago is why I still think their fans are some of the most whiny in the league. I still wanted them to beat NE of course but Seattle's fans have this delusion that we "stole" SBXL from them.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:11 pm

If both the Panthers and Cardinals can take them up in Seattle, then we can take them up in Seattle. It's time to put up or shut up.

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:14 pm

My biggest concern is our OL against their DL. BB might get seriously injured.

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Stryker wrote:
My biggest concern is our OL against their DL. BB might get seriously injured.

Up the middle of the O line is my concern with Wallace and Foster. Gilbert is better than Bobbie Massey and he did OK last night. Quick passes are the key.

On the other side of the ball, I really worry about the secondary and think Shazier needs to be healthy to run down Wilson. If Steelers can get some coverage and Shazier spies Wilson on the scramble, I think they can frustrate the Seattle offense.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:05 am

Depending on how the Bengles do next weekend, this Seattle game may be bigger than we think. Never assume the bengles wont drop 4 or their last 7

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:13 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Seattle is no slouch despite the record.  Steelers Secondary just made Manziel look like Alex Smith, who they made look like Joe Montana.  Russell Wilson can find guys running free in the Steelers secondary.  

Arguably, the Cardinals nickel CB is better than any Steelers starter and Wilson found WR's vs them.  

We're giving up a bunch of yards though, not points. Bend but don't break. This defense is doing what it's supposed to be doing at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Seattle is no slouch despite the record.  Steelers Secondary just made Manziel look like Alex Smith, who they made look like Joe Montana.  Russell Wilson can find guys running free in the Steelers secondary.  

Arguably, the Cardinals nickel CB is better than any Steelers starter and Wilson found WR's vs them.  

We're giving up a bunch of yards though, not points. Bend but don't break. This defense is doing what it's supposed to be doing at this point.

Each week this defense gets a little bit better. The BYE week gives them another week to prepare for stopping Wilson.

And Wilson isn't Ben. With Ben in the backfield, it creates a different dynamic to our offense. And it certainly makes things more difficult for the Seahawks defense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION On to Seattle - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:30 am

Any news on Shazzy?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Giving up a lot of yards to a 2 win Browns team, with Manziel SHOULD NOT be what its supposed to be doing. It SHOULD be keeping him to under 200 yds passing and blanketing their mediocre WR's.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 10:01 am

The_Joker wrote:
Any news on Shazzy?

I heard a rumor they are putting him in one of these until gametime, so should be ready to go.

On to Seattle - Page 2 920x920
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:30 am

I'm not worried as much about the Steelers D vs. Seahawks O... as I am with the O-line vs. Seattle's D-line. That is one area where it could get ugly for the Steelers. The O-line will have to be consistent in pass pro and run blocking to pull off a win on the road at Seattle. The crowd is going to be insane... hopefully Steelers fans in the Pacific northwest will invade.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

HeinzMustard wrote:
I'm not worried as much about the Steelers D vs. Seahawks O... as I am with the O-line vs. Seattle's D-line.  That is one area where it could get ugly for the Steelers.  The O-line will have to be consistent in pass pro and run blocking to pull off a win on the road at Seattle.  The crowd is going to be insane... hopefully Steelers fans in the Pacific northwest will invade.  

Yep - this is a game where the absence of Pouncey to help deal with pressure up the middle will hurt and Villanueva will have to deal with a silent count due to the crowd noise.

True road game here - this is not going to be like going into San Diego or St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
HeinzMustard wrote:
I'm not worried as much about the Steelers D vs. Seahawks O... as I am with the O-line vs. Seattle's D-line.  That is one area where it could get ugly for the Steelers.  The O-line will have to be consistent in pass pro and run blocking to pull off a win on the road at Seattle.  The crowd is going to be insane... hopefully Steelers fans in the Pacific northwest will invade.  

Yep - this is a game where the absence of Pouncey to help deal with pressure up the middle will hurt and Villanueva will have to deal with a silent count due to the crowd noise.  

True road game here - this is not going to be like going into San Diego or St. Louis.

steelers will get a few cheers, but this will be one of the few out of conference stadiums that isnt taken over by our fans. (green bay being another). we pretty much own every other NFC stadium.

going by seattle fans special hatred for the steelers, im guessing their fans are going to be extra loud.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:35 pm

Lot of talk about if the steelers are on that next level......

Well, the OL turning in a good performance and not getting Ben killed next week, will go a long way in convincing me

SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Sherman and Williams couldn't contain Floyd and Fitzgerald. How do they plan on containing Bryant and Brown?

I've been looking forward to this particular match-up for a while now. Sherman's a heck'uva corner, but Brown has the opportunity to make him look silly.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm

Brown has been making everyone look silly for the past 3 seasons. It nice to have superstars in pittsburgh again

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:06 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Sherman and Williams couldn't contain Floyd and Fitzgerald. How do they plan on containing Bryant and Brown?

I've been looking forward to this particular match-up for a while now. Sherman's a heck'uva corner, but Brown has the opportunity to make him look silly.
Brown plays all positions, but he is typically on opposite side of the field as Sherman. Sherman only plays one side of the field and he does not shadow receivers. Sherman will most likely be on Bryant and he's not fast enough to cover Bryant.

. .
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:10 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
SteelersCanada wrote:

Brown plays all positions, but he is typically on opposite side of the field as Sherman. Sherman only plays one side of the field and he does not shadow receivers. Sherman will most likely be on Bryant and he's not fast enough to cover Bryant.

Fair point.

From what I've been reading from Seahawks fans, in addition to the very few amount of games I've seen the Seahawks play, Sherman's been moving around one-on-one more this season than he ever has in the past. He likely won't shadow Brown throughout the game, but he may be covering him more than he normally would.

Regardless, it depends on the defensive scheme. Brown is the best receiver they're going to play all season. Do the Seahawks gameplan around trying to take Brown out of the game with Sherman + Chancellor over the top?
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:16 pm

tony hipchest wrote:

steelers will get a few cheers, but this will be one of the few out of conference stadiums that isnt taken over by our fans. (green bay being another).  we pretty much own every other NFC stadium.

going by seattle fans special hatred for the steelers, im guessing their fans are going to be extra loud.

That crowd is insane - the two times I was in Seattle were for bigger games, but Heinz was like a library when I was at the 49ers game in September compared to Century Link

Cardinals shut the crowd up in the first half Sunday night but once the Hawks got back into the game the crowd was back into it too

FWIW I do not think Carson Palmer likes the Seattle crowd

Carson Palmer could be facing fine

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/carson-palmer-could-be-facing-fine-for-crotch-chop-at-seattle-fans/

Drew Stanton Danced And Carson Palmer Told The Crowd To Suck It

On to Seattle - Page 2 1522472624152367792

http://deadspin.com/drew-stanton-danced-and-carson-palmer-told-the-crowd-to-1742770597
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

steelers will get a few cheers, but this will be one of the few out of conference stadiums that isnt taken over by our fans. (green bay being another).  we pretty much own every other NFC stadium.

That crowd is insane - the two times I was in Seattle were for bigger games, but Heinz was like a library when I was at the 49ers game in September compared to Century Link

Cardinals shut the crowd up in the first half Sunday night but once the Hawks got back into the game the crowd was back into it too

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/carson-palmer-could-be-facing-fine-for-crotch-chop-at-seattle-fans/

http://deadspin.com/drew-stanton-danced-and-carson-palmer-told-the-crowd-to-1742770597

If the Steelers win in Seattle, I might do that Palmer celebration in the stands. So I guess there might not be much of a Steelers crowd to tailgate with before this one huh?

Sherman is always tough and I hope that we get the run game going with Miller or DeCastro getting upfield to get Wagner. If Bryant stretches the field, the surprising guy that contributes more than expected could be Wheaton in the slot. I think there are yards to be had in the seams vs that defense.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 6:46 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:

If the Steelers win in Seattle, I might do that Palmer celebration in the stands.  So I guess there might not be much of a Steelers crowd to tailgate with before this one huh?

Sherman is always tough and I hope that we get the run game going with Miller or DeCastro getting upfield to get Wagner.  If Bryant stretches the field, the surprising guy that contributes more than expected could be Wheaton in the slot.  I think there are yards to be had in the seams vs that defense.

I'm sure your son will be proud! On to Seattle - Page 2 2573146105

Make us proud Gonzo! I hope you and your son have a blast.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:13 pm

On to Seattle - Page 2 10346620_10207735710768748_373941231381996324_n
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:58 pm

The types of angles and speed of which their pass rush started to get home on Palmer on Sunday...scares me.

The cardinals were kind of playing into it by letting the clock run all the way down......but that's something the Steelers do too....which has annoyed me for years......

running  that clock Down to zero and letting the Hawks explode off the ball like they started to late in the game Sunday......is a recipe for disaster.

Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:09 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
The cardinals were kind of playing into it by letting the clock run all the way down......but that's something the Steelers do too....which has annoyed me for years......

running  that clock Down to zero and letting the Hawks explode off the ball like they started to late in the game Sunday......is a recipe for disaster.

Actually we haven't been doing that at all lately, unless ben is calling audibles
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
 So I guess there might not be much of a Steelers crowd to tailgate with before this one huh?

I was there the last time our Steelers traveled to Seattle (2003) and there were more Steelers fans there then there were Shitcock fans. The Terrible Towels took over the stadium, so it looked like a home game. I realize a lot has changed since then with the new Seattle bandwagon fan base that emerged since 2005. I can guarantee that you will meet plenty of Steelers folks while you are there though. I am interested in hearing about your experience with the Seattle fans there after you make it back from the game.

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to Seattle
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next