Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to Seattle - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to Seattle

Go down 
+36
steelmusic
Chaotic Zen
WCSteeler
Geordie
white_steel_wolfe
Vis
SteelersNorth
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
Hawaii 5-0
steelerdude15
TESS743
lotas
jak341
Jazzo
pczach
SteelersCanada
HeinzMustard
IowaSteeler927
Stryker
SteelerEmpire
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
solardave
PhantomJB93
SteelCity4Life
The_Joker
ImperialFan
Rhyno
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
SteelerSpartan
SteelersYak
Fire Arians
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

On to Seattle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 am

Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
 So I guess there might not be much of a Steelers crowd to tailgate with before this one huh?

I was there the last time our Steelers traveled to Seattle (2003) and there were more Steelers fans there then there were Shitcock fans. The Terrible Towels took over the stadium, so it looked like a home game. I realize a lot has changed since then with the new Seattle bandwagon fan base that emerged since 2005. I can guarantee that you will meet plenty of Steelers folks while you are there though. I am interested in hearing about your experience with the Seattle fans there after you make it back from the game.

Seattle is a hostile place for Steelers fans. To summarize, they hate us. With a passion. They still aren't over SB XL.

I was up there watching the Steelers and Texans last year (the game where we exploded for 21 or so points in 3 minutes). The amount of shit I took from the local population during that game was enormous. I normally don't get into bar trash talk during games, as I prefer to keep my head down in my beer and wings, but these people were simply awful to be around. They shut up real quick when we had the 21 point lead though.

Seattle, great city to see and visit and maybe live. Sports fans are awful though.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

The Seattle fans on their boards are like children fighting, they seem to be self-imploding.

There is a lot of argument over whether Russell Wilson is the real deal, or some overpaid game manager whose fame got to his head. They are arguing whether their OC is to blame for the poor offensive play, or their poor offensive line.

I'm not worried about our ability to win this game, I'm just worried about Ben.
I don't think it's far-fetched to say Ben could easily be re-injured in this game if the protection isn't there.

Ben needs to literally practice throwing the ball away this week, and Haley and him need to work on quick throws and quick routes to neutralize that pass rush.

I hate the Seahawks, lived in Washington for 22 years and their fans ride the bandwagon heavily. I was a senior in high school during Superbowl XL, and I wore a different Steelers shirt/gear every day for two straight weeks after Superbowl XL just to rub it in On to Seattle - Page 3 1797695198

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:25 am

jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
 So I guess there might not be much of a Steelers crowd to tailgate with before this one huh?

I was there the last time our Steelers traveled to Seattle (2003) and there were more Steelers fans there then there were Shitcock fans. The Terrible Towels took over the stadium, so it looked like a home game. I realize a lot has changed since then with the new Seattle bandwagon fan base that emerged since 2005. I can guarantee that you will meet plenty of Steelers folks while you are there though. I am interested in hearing about your experience with the Seattle fans there after you make it back from the game.

Seattle is a hostile place for Steelers fans. To summarize, they hate us. With a passion. They still aren't over SB XL.

I was up there watching the Steelers and Texans last year (the game where we exploded for 21 or so points in 3 minutes). The amount of shit I took from the local population during that game was enormous. I normally don't get into bar trash talk during games, as I prefer to keep my head down in my beer and wings, but these people were simply awful to be around. They shut up real quick when we had the 21 point lead though.

Seattle, great city to see and visit and maybe live. Sports fans are awful though.

I know exactly what you are saying. I've lived in Washington for a while now and have dealt with numerous ignorant Seattle fans since Super Bowl XL. It has only gotten worse for Steelers fans here in the NW since XL. I have had people throw things at me from moving cars while I was walking my dog and have been refused service in some bars in Vancouver, WA. I know a lot of Steelers fans from out east wouldn't understand, but the fact that I was pulling for New England in last year's Super Bowl should tell you all something.

On a more positive note, I can't wait until Dec. 20th when I come to Pittsburgh for the game vs. the Broncos, because it will be a totally different experience when I am actually with my fellow Steelers fans!

lotas

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 pm

Jazzo wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

I know exactly what you are saying. I've lived in Washington for a while now and have dealt with numerous ignorant Seattle fans since Super Bowl XL. It has only gotten worse for Steelers fans here in the NW since XL. I have had people throw things at me from moving cars while I was walking my dog and have been refused service in some bars in Vancouver, WA. I know a lot of Steelers fans from out east wouldn't understand, but the fact that I was pulling for New England in last year's Super Bowl should tell you all something.

On a more positive note, I can't wait until Dec. 20th when I come to Pittsburgh for the game vs. the Broncos, because it will be a totally different experience when I am actually with my fellow Steelers fans!
That's terrible man. I lived in Spokane so I was a little further away from Seattle, but to be refused service and disrespected like that is shameful, that's not something you would expect to experience in a laid back and accepting state like Washington. I've been in Indiana for the last 5 years and the Colts fans hate us with a passion too, specifically for beating them in the playoff game in January '06 leading to Superbowl XL.

One common theme among these haters is the focused hate on Ben Roethlisberger, in my experience. They usually focus on Ben, something about him being a fat rapist, hide your wives, etc. They have no respect for Ben at all.

I don't quite get the hate and disrespect because I was never one to talk shit and I never trashed the Seahawks or the Colts, I just backed up the Steelers.

It's funny, you really don't have to trash talk when you have 6 rings ...

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Jazzo wrote:
but the fact that I was pulling for New England in last year's Super Bowl should tell you all something.

Wow, I think that paints a clear picture, that bad huh? On to Seattle - Page 3 1797695198

You figure they would have chilled out a bit after winning one of their own.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm

lotas wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

That's terrible man. I lived in Spokane so I was a little further away from Seattle, but to be refused service and disrespected like that is shameful, that's not something you would expect to experience in a laid back and accepting state like Washington. I've been in Indiana for the last 5 years and the Colts fans hate us with a passion too, specifically for beating them in the playoff game in January '06 leading to Superbowl XL.

One common theme among these haters is the focused hate on Ben Roethlisberger, in my experience. They usually focus on Ben, something about him being a fat rapist, hide your wives, etc. They have no respect for Ben at all.

I don't quite get the hate and disrespect because I was never one to talk shit and I never trashed the Seahawks or the Colts, I just backed up the Steelers.

And when you point out to them that Ben was never so much as charged with a crime, you get crap anyhow. I won't say Ben was a choir boy but I am sorry but he was never charged with a crime. We can speculate all we want but it wasn't a cut and dry case. I'm the first to condemn rape in the highest terms but this was something we don't know what actually happened and a lot of those same fans would be doing the same Steelers fans do when our QB is brought up. I don't do much trash talk out of principle though. I am not playing on the football field and neither are they. I am proud of our accomplishments of course and will point that out if some ignorant moron says "Steelers suck!"
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm

lotas wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

I am flying up to Spokane tomorrow and will be visiting my Father for Thanksgiving week. I remember when I was up there for Thanksgiving back in 2009, my sister took me to a Steelers bar in downtown Spokane. It was a cool little dive and had old school Steelers memorabilia like old penants, Iron City Steel Super Bowl cans, etc. everywhere.

Anyway, yeah I receive those same ignorant ass comments all the time. I am taking classes at Washington State University right now, but sport my Steelers attire all the time! Most of the faculty and students hate it, haha! Just the other day in my Finance class I went on the Steelers Nation Unite website using my tablet. I was entering to win Ben's autographed jersey and this Seattle fan behind me said, "Why do you want to win that Rapo's jersey?" Lmao, I have to listen to this shit on a daily basis!

jak341

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:41 pm

lotas wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
jak341 wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Ben takes an enormous amount of hate from opposing fan bases. There are those who think he shouldn't be in the league right now. My time in Seattle was one of the first times I've actually was afraid to walk to my car after the game. This wasn't some back alley bar either: it was a B-Dubs. There were a few Steeler fans in the bar, but we pretty much kept to our selves and just watched the game until we started to be verbally harassed. The Seattle fanbase was awfully quiet after the Steelers pulled away. Seattle fans are pretty close to Buffalo fans (who have got to be the absolute worst sports fans around...exceeding Philly).

Heck, I've been treated better in N.J. for a Devils game [back in 2005, when I was proudly sporting a Carolina Hurricanes jersey during the playoffs]. I took a lot of shit, but it was pretty good natured. I wasn't afraid to walk to my car afterward.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:04 pm

I am most worried about Lynch running right over our defense and Wilson beating us with his feet.

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:57 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
I am most worried about Lynch running right over our defense and Wilson beating us with his feet.

Didn't work very well for Manziel, now did it?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
TESS743

TESS743

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
On to Seattle - Page 3 10346620_10207735710768748_373941231381996324_n

I just had to log on to respond to this.  On to Seattle - Page 3 3562723908 On to Seattle - Page 3 2573146105
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 pm

The_Joker wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Manziel and Wilson are 2 VERY different QBs.

1. Wilson has better weapons, IMO, than Manziel
2. Wilson has been to 2 Super Bowls, Manziel hasn't.
3. Wilson runs with a purpose, Manziel runs like a scared little chipmunk.

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:12 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Fair enough. On to Seattle - Page 3 2087824411

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 2:44 am

SteelersYak wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

What you talkin bout willis?

Johnny Football is Elite. If he wasnt elite his name wouldnt be Johnny Football Duh.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:15 am

SteelersYak wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:

Wilson is also prone to mistakes though. He's by no means elite, he's just a guy that tends to get the job done, but at times he is a bit reckless and hurts his team. His own teammates have called him out from time to time. We beat Arizona, we should be able to beat Seattle.

We need to worry about their running game more than anything. None of Seattle's receivers scare me that much. If we can shut down Lynch and Rawls, and keep Wilson in the pocket we can beat Seattle. If we don't keep contain on Wilson, and we don't keep Lynch and Rawls in check then it's going to be a long day in one of the toughest stadiums to play an away game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 5:36 am

We will probably beat seattle.... were playing a good team on the road. we will come ready to play Shocked

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 am

ImperialFan wrote:
We will probably beat seattle.... were playing a good team on the road. we will come ready to play Shocked

They're under .500 though. Expect a six point win at minimum.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:14 am

I think we're peaking at the right time. Man I wish Leveon were healthy but that's how it goes unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

FWIW I do not think Carson Palmer likes the Seattle crowd

Carson Palmer could be facing fine

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/carson-palmer-could-be-facing-fine-for-crotch-chop-at-seattle-fans/

Drew Stanton Danced And Carson Palmer Told The Crowd To Suck It

On to Seattle - Page 3 1522472624152367792

http://deadspin.com/drew-stanton-danced-and-carson-palmer-told-the-crowd-to-1742770597

Carson Palmer was not mad at the Seattle crowd - he was "excited"

After the win, Palmer discussed his celebration, which included a fist pump and a pelvic thrust, in relation to Drew Stanton's running, jumping, kicking and punching celebration after Andre Ellington's 48-yard touchdown run sealed the win.

"I had my buddies in the sideline, right four or five rows up," Palmer said. "I saw them pretty excited and [that] got me excited to see them excited."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14172232/carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-pelvic-thrust-meant-friends-stands

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

If the Steelers win in Seattle, I might do that Palmer celebration in the stands.  

Hopefully Ben and Tomlin will see you and be "excited" enough to send a pelvic thrust your way On to Seattle - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 9:12 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Wilson is also prone to mistakes though. He's by no means elite, he's just a guy that tends to get the job done, but at times he is a bit reckless and hurts his team. His own teammates have called him out from time to time.

Coaches too On to Seattle - Page 3 1401235891
The Seahawks staked themselves to Russell Wilson with a contract extension this offseason. Now, they need him to earn that money, and they’re letting him know.

The largely unquestioned quarterback has come under little scrutiny for some of the team’s struggles this year, and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell admitted Wilson needed to play better than he did in last week’s loss to the Cardinals.

Wilson threw one interception behind Doug Baldwin, along with missing him on a two-point conversion. And then there’s the continued lack of connection with tight end Jimmy Graham, and the fact he nearly took a pair of safeties against the Cardinals.

“You just have to make a better throw on it,” Bevell said of the conversion attempt in particular, via our Curtis Crabtree of KJR. “He had an opportunity to give Doug a chance and really didn’t give him a chance. Particularly on that type of situation, you want to make sure you give your guys an opportunity to make a play.”

Asked about the interception, Bevell said: “We had full progression, kind of across the board for that one,” Bevell said. “We had a chance for [Tyler] Lockett, we had a chance for Doug, and basically Russell said he just missed it.”

Offensive coordinator Tom Cable also suggested Wilson bore the responsibility for a pair of sacks, in what was really a poor day.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/heres-something-new-criticism-of-russell-wilson-from-coaches/

I think it is getting a little tense in Seattle, particularly for the offensive coordinator who has been catching it from all directions since the Super Bowl

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:47 pm

I hope Seattle gets there frustration out this week against those shit assed 49ers. They certainly are better than their record.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:48 pm

TESS743 wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
On to Seattle - Page 3 10346620_10207735710768748_373941231381996324_n

I just had to log on to respond to this.  On to Seattle - Page 3 3562723908 On to Seattle - Page 3 2573146105

yeah that shit went on my facebook

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 10:46 am

Who wants what out of todays game against the niners?

I'm hoping for a super close and physical/draining/emotional last second win for the sea-chickens! Leave everything on the field type of game...

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:20 pm

You guys that are trying to discount Russell Wilson and put him on par with Manziel are not serious are you??

His first 3 seasons in the NFL show the following:

-Passer rating of approx. 100
-TD to INT ratio of almost 3:1
- 63% completion rate
- 600 YDS rushing per season
- 2 super bowl appearances, 1 win
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Diva status though.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25385209/report-seahawks-worried-russell-wilson-changed-his-approach-became-celebrity-qb

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to Seattle
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next