Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWorkaholics Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Workaholics

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

OK. I have never begged you guys for anything, but I implore you all... PLEASE check out the new comedy "Workaholics" on Comedy Central. I'm begging you all on hands and knees. You won't be disappointed. I watched the first episode on my DVR last night and it was like a window into what it would be like if we all really lived and worked together. I think somebody's been monitoring the Halfway House. We should sue for royalties! Workaholics 3562723908

Here's the season preview trailer:

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
OK. I have never begged you guys for anything, but I implore you all... PLEASE check out the new comedy "Workaholics" on Comedy Central. I'm begging you all on hands and knees. You won't be disappointed. I watched the first episode on my DVR last night and it was like a window into what it would be like if we all really lived and worked together. I think somebody's been monitoring the Halfway House. We should sue for royalties! Workaholics 3562723908
I'll have to find out when it's replayed. I'll definitely check it out. Workaholics 184121345

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I'll have to find out when it's replayed. I'll definitely check it out. Workaholics 184121345

You'll thank me later. Workaholics 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Just watched Workaholics. You're so right. ... From the guys hanging out on the roof to all the pee references, we've been ripped off. :rant:
If I see someone crack open a Busch Light in the next episode, I'm contacting my attorney. Workaholics 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:53 am

I am going to watch a few episodes tonight at work (hopefully) of Workaholics. Let's see what you got BootyBus.

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:59 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I am going to watch a few episodes tonight at work (hopefully) of Workaholics. Let's see what you got BootyBus.
It's helpful if you know about our references to partying on the shed roof. Workaholics 1797695198
Here are a few references ...

Workaholics Jumpmr

Workaholics Steelerdudebday

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 am

So far, I give the show a 4 out of 10.

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:11 am

I think the lines that are said are funny, but the actors just aren't. New actors, same writers and this show could be money.

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
So far, I give the show a 4 out of 10.
It's not extremely funny, but the main characters are a little too much like us.
Wait, does that mean that we're not extremely funny? Workaholics 294855916

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:14 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I think the lines that are said are funny, but the actors just aren't. New actors, same writers and this show could be money.
The guy with the long hair is funny. The other two are forgettable (they remind me of Buddha and Truck Workaholics 2573146105)

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:20 am

I don't think we're going to be going on tour anytime soon.

But we do humor ourselves, and each other.

What? You didn't get a contract offer from SNL like me? Workaholics 106674522

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 am

Workaholics 294855916 I can't believe B-Dub didn't like this show. I think it's hysterical! Of course, they are only 1 episode into the show so far. Workaholics 2893009358

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:24 am

I will absolutely give it another chance, but I think The Office is WAY funnier. The actors are a lot better in The Office, and really- that's what makes the show IMO.

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I will absolutely give it another chance, but I think The Office is WAY funnier. The actors are a lot better in The Office, and really- that's what makes the show IMO.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. "The Office" is currently my favorite TV show... period. I can't wait until Will Ferrell takes over for Steve Carrell.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:30 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. "The Office" is currently my favorite TV show... period. I can't wait until Will Ferrell takes over for Steve Carrell.

Is this a for sure thing?

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:34 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

Yes. I'm not 100% certain that he will be staying on long term, but there have been commercials with him taking over as boss. Carrell is leaving the show. That's why his character is getting married to Holly and they are moving. I would imagine Carrell would do the occasional cameo spot. I hope Ferrell sticks around awhile and isn't just the next Kathy Bates doing 1 season. Can you imagine the interactions between Ferrell and Dwight (Rainn Wilson)?

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

Yes. I'm not 100% certain that he will be staying on long term, but there have been commercials with him taking over as boss. Carrell is leaving the show. That's why his character is getting married to Holly and they are moving. I would imagine Carrell would do the occasional cameo spot. I hope Ferrell sticks around awhile and isn't just the next Kathy Bates doing 1 season. Can you imagine the interactions between Ferrell and Dwight (Rainn Wilson)?

I'm sure it would be better than a mix of Fergie and Jesus. It's too bad Carrell and Ferrell aren't both staying on. Why is Carrell leaving?

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:17 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

I'm sure it would be better than a mix of Fergie and Jesus. It's too bad Carrell and Ferrell aren't both staying on. Why is Carrell leaving?

Carell's contract is up. This is from The International Business Times:

"I just think it's time ... I want to fulfill my contract. When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go," Carell said of his departure from the show.
Ferrell will play Deangelo Vickers, a branch manager that comes in as Carell's Michael Scott begins leaving, in the final four episodes, and possibly onto next season.

Read more: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/128098/20110329/will-ferrell-steve-carell-the-office-full-time.htm#ixzz1JCjSA7FU

It seems that Ferrell may NOT be a full-time replacement. That sucks.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:04 am

I just got done watching the second episode of Workaholics. I wasn't impressed at all. The show has a good premise, but we could write better material than that. Workaholics 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:09 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I just got done watching the second episode of Workaholics. I wasn't impressed at all. The show has a good premise, but we could write better material than that. Workaholics 1505004552

I haven't watched it yet. It showed a lot of promise in the first episode. Sadly, most TV eventually ends up disappointing. No

Way to ruin it for me, Wally! Workaholics 1824088959

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:45 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I haven't watched it yet. It showed a lot of promise in the first episode. Sadly, most TV eventually ends up disappointing. No

Comedy Central is known for that ... shows look really good and then just fall flat.
There were a handful of shows the past couple years I got excited about only to be disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Comedy Central is known for that ... shows look really good and then just fall flat.
There were a handful of shows the past couple years I got excited about only to be disappointed.

TV, in general, mostly sucks. There are a few bright spots here and there ("The Office", "Fringe", "Tosh.0"), but it's about 80% hot garbage. Sleep

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
but it's about 80% hot garbage.

I've named one of my A-List farts the "Hot Garbage" fart. It's a permanent staple in my repetoir. I'm currently working on the "Burning Tire" but that's a rare occurrence.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:16 am

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
but it's about 80% hot garbage.

I've named one of my A-List farts the "Hot Garbage" fart. It's a permanent staple in my repetoir. I'm currently working on the "Burning Tire" but that's a rare occurrence.

Workaholics 3562723908

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am

I remember watching the show's first episode, and being SUPER excited for the next entry and it disappointed me.

Workaholics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Workaholics   Workaholics Empty

Back to top Go down

Workaholics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Entertainment :: Television-
Jump to: