Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season

Go down 
+30
kirklandrules
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
SteelerFreak58
PhantomJB93
Rhyno
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
WCSteeler
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steeler-in-west
Lokki
jak341
Fire Arians
The_Joker
BKAnthem
DesertSteel
Hawaii 5-0
ImperialFan
Steel Peon
rellimie
EbonySteel86
FrancoLambert
pczach
SteelCity4Life
lotas
solardave
IowaSteeler927
SoCalFan
Atlanta Dan
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 1:30 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
BRING HIM BACK, and do right by him this time! That dude was one of the few bright spots in our secondary, and having him back to at least compete can't hurt, unless he's not giving a far chance.

I'd actually like to see what he can do when actually allowed to be on the field for more than a handful of plays

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:44 pm

The Steelers knew what they were doing when they let him go and the Panthers did as well. Hell, the Panthers let him go in order to make room for young, walk-on players. This is the 3rd team in less than a year that didn't want him even though he showed talent and promise. Hell, when the 30th ranked pass defense doesn't want you around, there's a problem.

Just think, the Steelers gave up a 5th round pick this year for that guy and in this draft, the 5th still had some pretty good talent. And for what? Nada. I wish we had the 5th pick more than I wish we had him back, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:40 am

kirklandrules wrote:
The Steelers knew what they were doing when they let him go and the Panthers did as well. Hell, the Panthers let him go in order to make room for young, walk-on players. This is the 3rd team in less than a year that didn't want him even though he showed talent and promise. Hell, when the 30th ranked pass defense doesn't want you around, there's a problem.

Just think, the Steelers gave up a 5th round pick this year for that guy and in this draft, the 5th still had some pretty good talent. And for what? Nada. I wish we had the 5th pick more than I wish we had him back, that's for sure.

I'm really starting to think it's a big attitude thing with Boykin. I think he's got a big ego, and expects to come in and have things handed to him. That's just my theory, based on the fact he was so open with the media the past season saying he wasn't being used enough. I mean you gotta have confidence in yourself, but he was crossing the line, and the Steelers don't really hang on to those types of guys for very long. It doesn't speak well to Boykin when he got traded off by the Eagles for a 5th Rounder, then he ends up in Pittsburgh where he gets pretty limited playing time despite the abysmal play of Antwon Blake, and then he gets released by Carolina after a whopping two week stint with them, and they sign a practice squad guy to replace him... Somethings not right here, either he's just not very good, or his ego is too big.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:43 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I'm really starting to think it's a big attitude thing with Boykin. I think he's got a big ego, and expects to come in and have things handed to him. That's just my theory, based on the fact he was so open with the media the past season saying he wasn't being used enough. I mean you gotta have confidence in yourself, but he was crossing the line, and the Steelers don't really hang on to those types of guys for very long. It doesn't speak well to Boykin when he got traded off by the Eagles for a 5th Rounder, then he ends up in Pittsburgh where he gets pretty limited playing time despite the abysmal play of Antwon Blake, and then he gets released by Carolina after a whopping two week stint with them, and they sign a practice squad guy to replace him... Somethings not right here, either he's just not very good, or his ego is too big.

I just don't get why.people say he's not really good. He was good in Philly, and he made plays.here when he got a chance to play.....that's pretty much it. He may not be a world beater, but he doesn't suck. Philly fans want him back, I wouldn't mind taking him back. His release isn't based on performance, hell he didn't even play for the Panthers yet before they released him, so you can't say he stunk it up there either. I don't know what's up with this saga of Brandon Boykin.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 4:48 am

EbonySteel86 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:

I just don't get why.people say he's not really good. He was good in Philly, and he made plays.here when he got a chance to play.....that's pretty much it. He may not be a world beater, but he doesn't suck. Philly fans want him back, I wouldn't mind taking him back. His release isn't based on performance,  hell he didn't even play for the Panthers yet before they released him, so you can't say he stunk it up there either. I don't know what's up with this saga of Brandon Boykin.

Seems like one of those "he's his own worst enemy" kinds of situations.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:47 am

EbonySteel86 wrote:

I just don't get why.people say he's not really good.

The Eagles let him go for a fifth round pick - he had trouble seeing the field when he was in Pittsburgh - the Steelers had no interest in bringing him back - after virtually no interest from any other team he signed a one year deal for vet minimum with the Panthers - before training camp starts the Panthers then release him and sign Shaq Richardson

Over less than one year those are a significant number of incidents involving three teams that support the conclusion he is not really that good

Pro Football Focus employees can chart plays and rank Boykin but PFF is not spending $$$ to sign players and its employees are not putting their jobs on the line if those players are not worth signing
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:11 am

EbonySteel86 wrote:

I believe he has talent. Never thought he wasn't good. But I suspect there's a personality issue going on with him to get dumped by 3 teams in 10 months. And the last team dumped him before he even had a chance to break a sweat.

Atlanta Dan wrote:
The Eagles let him go for a fifth round pick - he had trouble seeing the field when he was in Pittsburgh - the Steelers had no interest in bringing him back - after virtually no interest from any other team he signed a one year deal for vet minimum with the Panthers - before training camp starts the Panthers then release him and sign Shaq Richardson

Who the hell is Shaq Richardson. He must be a world beater to take Boykin's roster spot, right? Oh, yeah, it's this guy:

247 Sports wrote:
After failing to make Pittsburgh's 53-man roster, Richardson spent time on the Steelers' practice squad and three other teams' practice squads during the past two seasons, but has failed to appear in a regular season game.

247 Article

Here's a write up on the Panther's CB situation. But this line specifically captured my eye as it tells us there was still room for Boykin to prove something this spring:
David Newton - ESPN wrote:
That left the Carolina roster at 88, two shy of the limit.

ESPN Panther Article
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:09 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

Over less than one year those are a significant number of incidents involving three teams that support the conclusion he is not really that good

Pro Football Focus employees can chart plays and rank Boykin but PFF is not spending $$$ to sign players and its employees are not putting their jobs on the line if those players are not worth signing
The Chip Kelly Eagles also let McCoy and D. Jackson go, so I don't put too much stock in their decision making. Boykin had 7 picks in his 3 years in Philly, and our secondary actually got BETTER when he started playing. The fact that, Cortez Allen, Blake, Jarvis Jones, and others get MULTIPLE chances and this guy produces during the chances he does get is crazy. Also we got him for a 5th. That's a lot lower than Jarvis, and he's still on the team. Even W. Gay was giving a lot of chances, and he was opposing teams whipping boy for awhile. I don't know why Boykin Is being treated like the black sheep of the league, but it's not based on performance. Something else has to be going on that we just don't know.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 11:41 am

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

The Chip Kelly Eagles also let McCoy and D. Jackson go, so I don't put too much stock in their decision making. Boykin had 7 picks in his 3 years in Philly, and our secondary actually got BETTER when he started playing. The fact that, Cortez Allen, Blake, Jarvis Jones, and others get MULTIPLE chances and this guy produces during the chances he does get is crazy. Also we got him for a 5th. That's a lot lower than Jarvis, and he's still on the team. Even W. Gay was giving a lot of chances, and he was opposing teams whipping boy for awhile. I don't know why Boykin Is being treated like the black sheep of the league, but it's not based on performance. Something else has to be going on that we just don't know.

I think that's the point most of us are getting at. There's obviously a problem. And it seems obvious his problem is not performance related. Therefore, we start to assume there's some type of attitude/behavior issue.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

I think that's the point most of us are getting at. There's obviously a problem. And it seems obvious his problem is not performance related. Therefore, we start to assume there's some type of attitude/behavior issue.

The rumor is he's a soccer fan.

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:03 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

Must be something going on. Even Panther fans are like, Shaq Richardson Over Brandon Boykins....WTF???
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Vis wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
EbonySteel86 wrote:

The rumor is he's a soccer fan.

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 Large
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Report: Falcons pass on signing Boykin

Posted by Zac Jackson on May 25, 2016

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 493256930-e1455637068384

Free agent cornerback Brandon Boykin will remain free for now, ESPN’s Vaughn McClure reported Wednesday.

Boykin worked out for the Falcons earlier this week. A source indicated to McClure that Boykin is healthy and that the Falcons choosing not to sign him is a football decision, not one based on any outside factors.

The Panthers released Boykin earlier this month after signing him in March. He became a free agent after playing last season with the Steelers, who acquired him in a preseason trade with the Eagles.

Boykin, 26, had six of his eight career interceptions in 2013 with the Eagles. He played in all 16 games for the Steelers last season, mostly in nickel packages.

The Falcons will likely stay active in their search for cornerback help. Second-year cornerback Jalen Collins is facing a four-game suspension to start the 2016 season, and the Falcons did not address the position in this year’s draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/25/report-falcons-pass-on-signing-boykin/
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm

The Falcons just didn't use him right!!!

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Another grudge holder in the Falcons front office or on the coaching staff obviously is putting a personal vendetta ahead of signing an All Pro level CB
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Carnell Lake On Brandon Boykin: He Had A Degenerative Hip Condition

BY ALEX KOZORA JUNE 4, 2016

I know the Brandon Boykin uh, saga, has been at times, a tiresome one, but this is some actual useful information today.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are holding their Men’s Fantasy Football Camp today. Carnell Lake spent a lot of time with the group and apparently told the team the reason why Brandon Boykin has bounced around the league so much.

According to Craig Scott, Boykin has, in Lake’s words, a “degenerative hip condition” and one leg longer than the other.

This would confirm the speculation from last month that Boykin was dealing with a hip problem, leading to his release by the Carolina Panthers and the decision of the Atlanta Falcons not to sign him.

The cornerback was listed on the Steelers’ injury report with knee and groin injuries but never a hip, though if it’s a chronic issue, it would make sense that Boykin wouldn’t be listed.

I reached out to Scott on Twitter. He told me that Lake prompted the discussion on Boykin on his own after talking about the players he’s coached in the past (Gay, Troy, etc).

“Ok been asked about this guy all the time. Now that he’s not [with] us I can talk about it a little more.” Scott tells me were Lake’s words.

Lake told the room he felt bad for Boykin but that he was happy he got his signing bonus in Carolina. Of course, that signing bonus was the minimum of $80K.

With Pittsburgh, he recorded 21 tackles and intercepted one pass. He still remains a free agent.

It may have taken almost an entire year but we have finally understood the reason why he struggled to see the field in Pittsburgh and why his free agent market has been as cold as it is.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/carnell-lake-brandon-boykin-degenerative-hip-condition/
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:52 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I know the Brandon Boykin uh, saga, has been at times, a tiresome one, but this is some actual useful information today.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are holding their Men’s Fantasy Football Camp today. Carnell Lake spent a lot of time with the group and apparently told the team the reason why Brandon Boykin has bounced around the league so much.

According to Craig Scott, Boykin has, in Lake’s words, a “degenerative hip condition” and one leg longer than the other.

This would confirm the speculation from last month that Boykin was dealing with a hip problem, leading to his release by the Carolina Panthers and the decision of the Atlanta Falcons not to sign him.

The cornerback was listed on the Steelers’ injury report with knee and groin injuries but never a hip, though if it’s a chronic issue, it would make sense that Boykin wouldn’t be listed.

I reached out to Scott on Twitter. He told me that Lake prompted the discussion on Boykin on his own after talking about the players he’s coached in the past (Gay, Troy, etc).

“Ok been asked about this guy all the time. Now that he’s not [with] us I can talk about it a little more.” Scott tells me were Lake’s words.

Lake told the room he felt bad for Boykin but that he was happy he got his signing bonus in Carolina. Of course, that signing bonus was the minimum of $80K.

With Pittsburgh, he recorded 21 tackles and intercepted one pass. He still remains a free agent.

It may have taken almost an entire year but we have finally understood the reason why he struggled to see the field in Pittsburgh and why his free agent market has been as cold as it is.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/06/carnell-lake-brandon-boykin-degenerative-hip-condition/

figured it had to be something. what a different sport from when Bleier could succeed with half a foot, and now no team would want to risk taking a chance on him

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 8:16 am

So, isn't it time for all of us to shut up about Brandon Boykin?  Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 2605341373
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 5:47 pm

He was still better than Blake and Allen with a bad hip, and thats just sad. Why not say that in the first place instead of having all of us saying WTF???
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 3:14 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
He was still better than Blake and Allen with a bad hip, and thats just sad. Why not say that in the first place instead of having all of us saying WTF???

Well, they didn't want to screw the guy as he was shopping himself around the league. And yes, that was pretty sad he appeared better than Blake and Allen.

So, last year the Steelers had an undersized guy who couldn't tackle, another guy with the knee of a 90 year old man, a guy who had a bad hip and one leg longer than another, a Buffalo castoff, and a Gay guy (sorry, this sounded like a joke, so I couldn't resist). No wonder they feel confident going into this season.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 3:48 pm

So the Steelers took a chance on a guy that had a bad hip? Assuming he had this condition in philly. Still a weird situation that doesn't quite add up.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 5:25 pm

So they were not signing him long term due to the hip issue. He was still better on the field with a bad hip than the guy with an injured thumb and bad CB skills. Time to close that chapter and move onto the Artie Burns hype train!!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:09 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Since I assume the Steelers trade with the Eagles included the right to void the trade if Boykin failed the physical either the hip condition was not significant or the Steelers blundered by bringing in Boykin with a degenerative condition

Shame on Lake for disclosing this - maybe Boykin can sue him for a HIPPA violation Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 12:59 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Shame on Lake for disclosing this - maybe Boykin can sue him for a HIPPA violation Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 1797695198

Ben LOL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Bears put Brandon Boykin on injured reserve

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 3, 2016

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 493256930-e1455637068384

Brandon Boykin #25 of the Pittsburgh Steelers carries the ball during the 1st half of the  game at Heinz Field on October 18, 2015 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Brandon Boykin’s strange year in the NFL has come to an end.

The Bears announced this evening that Boykin has been placed on injured reserve.

That news comes as a surprise. Boykin didn’t practice today with a pectoral injury, and that injury was apparently more serious than it first appeared. Boykin insisted in June that he was healthy and that talk of a hip injury was false.

The Bears were Boykin’s fourth team in a year: Last season, he was traded from the Eagles to the Steelers in training camp. He hit free agency in March, signed with the Panthers, but was then cut by the Panthers two months later. He then spent a month without an NFL home before signing with the Bears last week. Now he’s done playing for the Bears before he started.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/03/bears-put-brandon-boykin-on-injured-reserve/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season   Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brandon Boykin Believes He Could’ve Contributed Sooner This Season
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7