Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGetting no respect still? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Getting no respect still?

Go down 
+11
pczach
FrancoLambert
FanSince72
SoCalFan
Craziaskowboi
ImperialFan
vasteeler
SteelerMartin
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerSpartan
Fire Arians
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Getting no respect still? Empty
PostSubject: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 10:51 am

I know I shouldn't complain about a win, but a few things bothered me

- The Bengals were instigating a lot of the chippyness on the field and we were the only ones flagged for unsportsmanlike fouls, until burfict did when the game was already out of reach for them

Steelers vs Bengals Highlights - nfl.com

- In this highlight video they show Burfict starting crap with our players, the announcers talking about Le'Veon Bell being on our players minds, which was why the hostility. Of course they never mention that Burfict was the one stepping to our side of the field, what did they fucking expect, a welcome wagon? Get out of here with that shit.

- Watching the highlights they couldn't stop talking about the Bengals, and only showed one highlight of the Steelers on offense (garbage time TD by williams). It's like they couldn't stop dick riding the Bengals. You would have thought they won the game if they didn't show the final score lol.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:03 am

Marshall Faulk and eric Davis been haters for years now

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:08 am

Really??

-On NBC last night they were talking like the Steelers are the best team in the AFC.
-CNNSI has been writing that nobody wants to play the Steelers down the stretch.
-Mark Clayton of ESPN wrote an article "Steelers are Scary...if they can get in."

Steelers are getting a TON of respect. Especially for a team that is 7th in the AFC and gives up 300 YD passing games each week, no matter who the QB is.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Really??  

-On NBC last night they were talking like the Steelers are the best team in the AFC.  
-CNNSI has been writing that nobody wants to play the Steelers down the stretch.  
-Mark Clayton of ESPN wrote an article "Steelers are Scary...if they can get in."

Steelers are getting a TON of respect.  Especially for a team that is 7th in the AFC and gives up 300 YD passing games each week, no matter who the QB is.

It was mostly based off what I seen at nfl.com, that highlight reel seemed biased toward the bengals and with headlines like 'steelers thump bengals after dalton breaks his thumb' or something like that, like the qb going down is what caused the blowout. make no mistake the end result wouldn't have been different even if dalton played the entire game. it wasn't like he was lighting the world on fire or anything
Back to top Go down
SteelerMartin
Xtreme Newb
SteelerMartin

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:20 am

Fire Arians wrote:

- The Bengals were instigating a lot of the chippyness on the field and we were the only ones flagged for unsportsmanlike fouls, until burfict did when the game was already out of reach for them

- In this highlight video they show Burfict starting crap with our players, the announcers talking about Le'Veon Bell being on our players minds, which was why the hostility. Of course they never mention that Burfict was the one stepping to our side of the field, what did they fucking expect, a welcome wagon? Get out of here with that shit.

- Watching the highlights they couldn't stop talking about the Bengals, and only showed one highlight of the Steelers on offense (garbage time TD by williams). It's like they couldn't stop dick riding the Bengals. You would have thought they won the game if they didn't show the final score lol.

At least they called Gay's Pick 6 party in the endzone the celebration of the day. To me it was worth the 15 yards, especially how he made it back and met Joey. Getting no respect still? 1647293567
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:33 am

Fire Arians wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Really??  

Steelers are getting a TON of respect.  Especially for a team that is 7th in the AFC and gives up 300 YD passing games each week, no matter who the QB is.

It was mostly based off what I seen at nfl.com, that highlight reel seemed biased toward the bengals and with headlines like 'steelers thump bengals after dalton breaks his thumb' or something like that, like the qb going down is what caused the blowout. make no mistake the end result wouldn't have been different even if dalton played the entire game. it wasn't like he was lighting the world on fire or anything

Andy Dalton is playing at Pro Bowl level this year. His TD to INT ratio is 25:7. His QB rating is 106 for the season. Ben R is 96.7 this season.

If Andy Dalton is not injured, he likely doesn't float a pick 6 to Gay, nor sail that INT to Golden that resulted in another 7 points....and this board is likely complaining that the Steelers settled for too many Boswell FG's and didn't get enough TD's. Probably complaining about Tomlin mismanaging some clock or situations as well.

AJ McCarron had only thrown 4 NFL passes before yesterday and his TD passes were more highlight friendly than Ben's 0 TD passes. The NFL.com highlight showed Gay Pick 6, Williams TD, Golden INT. Not much else to show but another 1YD TD run and 4 Boswell FG's.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:46 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Really??  

Andy Dalton is playing at Pro Bowl level this year.  His TD to INT ratio is 25:7.  His QB rating is 106 for the season. Ben R is 96.7 this season.

If Andy Dalton is not injured, he likely doesn't float a pick 6 to Gay, nor sail that INT to Golden that resulted in another 7 points....and this board is likely complaining that the Steelers settled for too many Boswell FG's and didn't get enough TD's.  Probably complaining about Tomlin mismanaging some clock or situations as well.

AJ McCarron had only thrown 4 NFL passes before yesterday and his TD passes were more highlight friendly than Ben's 0 TD passes.  The NFL.com highlight showed Gay Pick 6, Williams TD, Golden INT.  Not much else to show but another 1YD TD run and 4 Boswell FG's.

And Dalton wouldn't have thrown a cake easy INT straight to Stephon Tuitt.. Oh wait. What was his qb rating at the time he got knocked out of the game? Not talking about how Dalton did this season, but he historically plays bad against us, and I don't think that was going to change any time soon. Easy to say he wouldn't have thrown the pick six when it wasn't him with James Harrison in his face coming in unblocked Getting no respect still? 1797695198

Offense didn't play that badly, in fact they played great against one of the stingyest D's in the league. They allow under 16 pts a game on average and our O put up 26 on them. Not bad at all in my book.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:01 pm

SteelerMartin wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

At least they called Gay's Pick 6 party in the endzone the celebration of the day. To me it was worth the 15 yards, especially how he made it back and met Joey. Getting no respect still? 1647293567

maybe I'm just too old to appreciate it but that was fucking stupid as hell......just so embarrassing

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:02 pm

vasteeler wrote:
SteelerMartin wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

maybe I'm just too old to appreciate it but that was fucking stupid as hell......just so embarrassing

Definitely a Gay celebration Getting no respect still? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Getting no respect still? 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 pm

vasteeler wrote:
SteelerMartin wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Initially I thought they got carried away too, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how cathartic the moment was after all the bullshit the Steelers dealt with from both the Bengals and the referees in the first half of that game. William Gay and company just rubbed the Bengals' noses in all the shit they'd been talking during the week, during the pre-game, and during the first half of the game. Ordinarily I don't care for all the celebrating, but this time was different for me.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:16 pm

The Gay celebration was downright dumb. Settle the f**k down dude. Look, I am not even respecting this team (defense)! Can someone tell me WHY out of the HUNDREDS of corners that graduated from division one schools over the last decade we got stuck with AND ARE STICKING WITH one of the absolute worst in Blake??? Are there not any former players out there selling insurance that can come back to football??? Could you imagine if we had a secondary unit that gave up half of the yardage this crap unit does!? Why should any "expert" put us at the top??? Getting no respect still? 1505004552

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Getting no respect still? No%20respect_zpsxu0v0fpb

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:39 am

Definitely "too much" of a celebration by Willie.
Joey Porter needs to show a little more restraint as well.
Walking on his knees.....c'mon man......you're a coach now.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 am

Well at least william had more reason to cut loose compared to Ike Taylor, who posed after 1 freaking 3rd down pass deflection against Balt last year, when we were down by 20+ Getting no respect still? 1505004552

Im not going to worry too much about it after all the bs the bengals have pulled.....just hope the steelers can put last Sunday behind them and be fully locked and loaded again if we have to see them another time.

pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 am

I think the Steelers are getting a ton of run right now. On every show I watch or talk show I listen to they are talking about how dangerous this team is, and some are saying they are the best team in the AFC right now. That's showing some love.

Everyone knows that if they weren't decimated with injuries they would most likely be one of the top
3 seeds in the AFC right now. That's nice, but there's more to do. They have to win out to insure they make the playoffs. Let's see them do that first, then they will have everyone's attention and a chance to show how good they are when it matters most.

They have already earned my respect with the way they have responded to adversity, and a lot of players have stepped up and played well. The coaching staff deserves a lot of credit for getting them in a position to have a chance to make the playoffs.

Denver is a major threat. That's a scary defense that travels well, and they are desperate for a win to elevate their playoff position. If the OL can play well and protect Ben, they should win this game. But make no mistake.....the Broncos will be bringing it, and this will be a very difficult game.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 8:14 am

pczach wrote:
I think the Steelers are getting a ton of run right now. On every show I watch or talk show I listen to they are talking about how dangerous this team is, and some are saying they are the best team in the AFC right now. That's showing some love.

Everyone knows that if they weren't decimated with injuries they would most likely be one of the top
3 seeds in the AFC right now. That's nice, but there's more to do. They have to win out to insure they make the playoffs. Let's see them do that first, then they will have everyone's attention and a chance to show how good they are when it matters most.

They have already earned my respect with the way they have responded to adversity, and a lot of players have stepped up and played well. The coaching staff deserves a lot of credit for getting them in a position to have a chance to make the playoffs.

Denver is a major threat. That's a scary defense that travels well, and they are desperate for a win to elevate their playoff position. If the OL can play well and protect Ben, they should win this game. But make no mistake.....the Broncos will be bringing it, and this will be a very difficult game.

Yeah I concur. Rodney Harrison was even singing our praises. The NFL Network talking heads were on the Steelers bandwagon as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerMartin
Xtreme Newb
SteelerMartin

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:00 am

Craziaskowboi wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
SteelerMartin wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Initially I thought they got carried away too, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how cathartic the moment was after all the bullshit the Steelers dealt with from both the Bengals and the referees in the first half of that game. William Gay and company just rubbed the Bengals' noses in all the shit they'd been talking during the week, during the pre-game, and during the first half of the game. Ordinarily I don't care for all the celebrating, but this time was different for me.

That's what I think. Was it silly? For sure. Would I want to see that more often? For sure not. Still, with all the nonsense the Bengals gave them, I found it just hilarious to rub it in like that. I mean, I understand that some sort of celebration draws penalties (in this case, rightfully so), but I don't get the strictness and disgust by some people about it in general. Emotions are a part of what I want to see, of pushing yourself to the limit, of bringing the intensity we love. I don't want to see the guys act like some accounting guy, ticking the TD off and taking a seat. They have been pushed all day and they gave it back.. I'm sure (okay, I hope.. Rolling Eyes ) it wouldn't have happened like that against the Jaguars..
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 12:50 pm

We have been getting a lot of media attention especially on ESPN where we have been regarded a top 5 team and hottest team in the afc and "primed for another superbowl run" Im afraid some of these people might have be aware that we play blake every week.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Sportsnaut

Does anyone in the AFC want anything to do with the Steelers? The AFC’s best have to be looking at Pittsburgh and trembling right now. Even the goalposts have to be concerned when Pittsburgh takes the field.

No quarterback/receiver tandem is better than Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. With Martavius Bryant, Markus Wheaton, and even Darrius Heyward-Bey spread out, opponents simply can’t just focus their game plan around Brown. If they do, they’ll be burned deep elsewhere.

With DeAngelo Williams and Heath Miller on the roster, teams can’t just play deep to prevent the home run ball, because they have the tools to move the ball at a steadier clip.

This is why the Steelers have scored 30 or more in each of the last five games. This is why they’ve won four of those games. To beat Pittsburgh, you have to do what Seattle did and score with them. There just aren’t many teams that are equipped to do that.

Also, I’m sure you know this if you’ve watched any NFL show over the last 24 hours, but this needs to be repeated. Right now, the Steelers are on the outside looking in. If the season ended today, they’d miss the playoffs and the Chiefs and Jets would be in. But, the season does not end today. If all three of those teams run the table, the Steelers would then earn a better conference record than the Jets and would thus pick up the No. 6 seed.

On Sunday, the Broncos come to town, but the Steelers finish with road games against the Ravens and Browns. The door is wide open for Pittsburgh to make a run.

Steelers are getting some respect

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/10-most-dangerous-teams-heading-into-nfl-playoffs/ar-BBnxBYo?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ASUDHP#page=6
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:43 pm

I wish the talking heads would stop. Don't want it, don't need it (the attention that is).

Then again it's time the Steelers start playing like the playoff team they are.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Getting no respect still? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:21 pm

The Steelers are doomed - Pete Prisco has climbed on the bandwagon

NFL Power Rankings: Nobody wants to play the Seahawks and the Steelers

Who are the two teams nobody wants to see in the playoffs?

In the NFC, it's the Seattle Seahawks. In the AFC, it's the Pittsburgh Steelers. Why?

It's their passing games.

Did I just write that? ...

I remember three weeks ago watching the Seattle-Pittsburgh game thinking that would be one heck of a Super Bowl. The passes flew around the stadium, which might surprise some when defense has been the calling card for those two franchises. Seattle won 39-30 that day in a game that would make for one hell of a Super Bowl

Don't laugh. The way these two offenses are going, we could see a rematch.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25414600/nfl-power-rankings-nobody-wants-to-play-the-seahawks-and-the-steelers
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:54 pm

apparently pat kirwan doesnt know that if we win out were in

PostSubject: Re: Getting no respect still?   Getting no respect still? Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting no respect still?
Page 1 of 1