Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeShould Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?

Go down 
+5
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
LambertWardSteel
Vis
DesertSteel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? Empty
PostSubject: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:25 pm

If QBs could not be MVP, who would be this year?

Watt?? Maybe, but not as great a year as last.
Peterson?? Not even close to his best season, though he leads the league.
AB?? Bingo. I would place him 4th behind Cam, Palmer and Brady.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Luke Kuechly

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I'd agree AB is a game changer who can completely own the other team. He makes the team, rest of the receivers, as well as Ben much better. I'm not sure I wouldn't put him ahead of marcia but I do have a Pats* bias.

I know this sounds a little crazy, but if we were talking about team MVP I think Boswell deserves some votes. I wouldn't pick him to win but we saw how things went with Scobee. Boswell solidified the position and gave us reliability.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:07 pm

AB or Gronkowski. Pats* without Gronk looked like an above average team, but not a championship team.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:57 am

My vote goes to AB. More receptions in a 3 season timespan than Marvin Harrison, Wes Welker, and Jerry Rice. He's explosive, and he has also managed to put up disgusting stats this season, despite playing multiple games with Mike Vick, and Landry Jones under center. He completely victimized one of the best corners in the league in Chris Harris JR as well, and should've had a better game against Richard Sherman if the refs weren't just letting Sherman do whatever he wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 am

shouldnt this go in the NFL forum

JJ Watt

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:06 am

Moved this thread to the NFL forum.

DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

JJ Watt
Actually it shouldn't have. The topic was should AB be considered for MVP. Last I checked, he was a Steeler.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 6:58 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

JJ Watt
Actually it shouldn't have. The topic was should AB be considered for MVP. Last I checked, he was a Steeler.

Maybe you should have made that more clear in the title.

To me its pretty much just asking who should be MVP, and that's what the discussion turned into.

NFL forum seems appropriate to me. That's just my opinion though.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 2:34 am

DesertSteel wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

JJ Watt

The title "MVP" is kind of broad, and the way you worded your original post doesn't really make it clear that it's a discussion specific to AB as an MVP candidate which is why I moved it to the NFL section.

I changed the title and moved this back to the Steelers Talk forum. Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? 230572241

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 11:41 am

Well now that thats settled ... lol.... AB should be in the discussion.. however the one thing that works against him is how his production dropped off with Vick or Jones in there. I think Vick and Jones both suck, I don't see any WR having numbers with them in there. Another question that should be asked is what if AB were injured or something and we had to go with Bryant Wheaton and DHB or something like that. Would we still be where we are? We would still have a strong pass game and we would still have a good run game.

AB would certainly be in the discussion, but it is hard to really argue for any WR to be an MVP when QBs and RBs are usually the ones putting a team on their shoulders. I would probably put Roethlisberger ahead of AB. I feel that Roethlisberger makes AB, AB does not make Roethlisberger. No matter how great AB is, he won't win MVP.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 12:18 pm

AB having a career year, but he isn't even the Steelers MVP IMO.

If you sit AB for 4 games due to injury instead of the 4 that Ben missed, the Steelers still likely beat Baltimore and KC. Without Ben, nobody can get the ball to AB like Ben does, not Vick, not Jones. Ben is more valuable to his team than A.B. is.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 12:39 am

Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? CXFB19TWMAAvSKW
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 5:29 am

Absolutely NOT! The seachickens proved this. We still have Wheaton, Bryant and DHB!

PostSubject: Re: Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?   Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Antonio Brown be considered for MVP?
Page 1 of 1