Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat the hell happened? - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What the hell happened?

Go down 
+21
ImperialFan
Atlanta Dan
solardave
12+88=6
Hawaii 5-0
pczach
WVABE
Buddha Bus
fer69
Steeler-in-west
IowaSteeler927
OX1947
Bert Gordon
JonM229
SteelerEmpire
Steelcitian
SoCalFan
harrison'samonster
FanSince72
Fire Arians
SteelCity4Life
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

What the hell happened? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:26 am

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCity4Life wrote:
I was asleep when the game rolled around and my brother tells me we're losing to the Ravens. What the hell happened? - Page 2 1505004552

Wish I was just dreaming right now.

What the hell happened? - Page 2 G7XI2AJ

Does the dreaming include being named Marvin and running a football team that loses annually in the playoffs? What the hell happened? - Page 2 1797695198

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. What the hell happened? - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 5:28 am

solardave wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
We couldn't do diddley poo offensively, we couldn't make a first down, we could run the ball but didn't try to run the ball, we couldn't complete a pass, we sucked

To go one step further: "PLAYOFFS,PLAYOFFS,YOU WANNA TALK PLAYOFFS?" What the hell happened? - Page 2 1797695198

I couldn't do that Sunday.I saw no humor in that game but now I'm calm. It is what it is and football (even Steeler football) is not the whole world for me.Well,maybe when the game is in progress but afterwards life goes on. I also know you can';t tell a Steelers fan that "we can't win them all" because we'd call Bullshit! We think we should and when we dont we want to know why not. That's probably the #1 reason we're the most rabid fans on earth. What the hell happened? - Page 2 183388472

What the hell happened? - Page 2 Jim+mora

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. What the hell happened? - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 6:23 am

FanSince72 wrote:
12+88=6 wrote:
i tell you what happened, steelers started every drive between the 15 and 22 yard line. they had horrible field position every drive, no short fields cause the def couldn't stop em till they got to midfield and didn't force any turnovers. and when balt did throw they couldn't get any pressure. huge play on 2nd and 22 they get no rush and give up a 30+yrd pass, need to stop em n that drive, killed em.

the offense "took what they gave em" all short stuff and runs, didn't really try to go downfield alot, their best drives were when they did go deep and had some pass interference penalties go their way.
balt got pressure by rushing 4 guys and dropping guys back to cover and looked like the steelers didn't know what to do. example...ben tried forcing a deep pass to ab that got picked when he had miller and deangelo open right in front of him 5-10 yrds away.

they looked like they weren't ready to play and by the time they woke up on offense it was too late. they wasted the whole 1st half and basically wasted the season away.

What I saw was Ben trying to show the world (and possibly Mallett and the supposedly inferior Ravens) what a Pro Bowl QB with "The Most Explosive Offense In The League " looks like by constantly trying to hit home runs with AB by threading needles on mid-range to long balls when he had plenty of wide-open short-middle opportunities which he mostly ignored.

Ben has come a long way and he's much more of a "thinking man's" QB, but every now and then his ego gets the better of him and he reverts back to "Mr. Big Play" when the situation clearly calls for a more conservative approach.

Spot on - the problem is that since he returned from his knee injury Ben has been swinging for the fences and throwing killer INTs virtually every week.  Would be interesting to know if calls such as the third down incompletion to Bryant last Sunday have been throws to the primary receiver on plays sent in by Haley or Ben checking down to be the hero

And in terms of reverting back to old bad habits, Ben really does appear to have piled on the pounds since 2014 - not certain if that has the slightest impact on his performance, but it can't help - maybe he is just gassed at the end of games when the brain cramps have been piling up
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
12+88=6 wrote:
i tell you what happened, steelers started every drive between the 15 and 22 yard line. they had horrible field position every drive, no short fields cause the def couldn't stop em till they got to midfield and didn't force any turnovers. and when balt did throw they couldn't get any pressure. huge play on 2nd and 22 they get no rush and give up a 30+yrd pass, need to stop em n that drive, killed em.

the offense "took what they gave em" all short stuff and runs, didn't really try to go downfield alot, their best drives were when they did go deep and had some pass interference penalties go their way.
balt got pressure by rushing 4 guys and dropping guys back to cover and looked like the steelers didn't know what to do. example...ben tried forcing a deep pass to ab that got picked when he had miller and deangelo open right in front of him 5-10 yrds away.

they looked like they weren't ready to play and by the time they woke up on offense it was too late. they wasted the whole 1st half and basically wasted the season away.

What I saw was Ben trying to show the world (and possibly Mallett and the supposedly inferior Ravens) what a Pro Bowl QB with "The Most Explosive Offense In The League " looks like by constantly trying to hit home runs with AB by threading needles on mid-range to long balls when he had plenty of wide-open short-middle opportunities which he mostly ignored.

Ben has come a long way and he's much more of a "thinking man's" QB, but every now and then his ego gets the better of him and he reverts back to "Mr. Big Play" when the situation clearly calls for a more conservative approach.

Spot on - the problem is that since he returned from his knee injury Ben has been swinging for the fences and throwing killer INTs virtually every week.  Would be interesting to know if calls such as the third down incompletion to Bryant last Sunday have been throws to the primary receiver on plays sent in by Haley or Ben checking down to be the hero

And in terms of reverting back to old bad habits, Ben really does appear to have piled on the pounds since 2014 - not certain if that has the slightest impact on his performance, but it can't help - maybe he is just gassed at the end of games when the brain cramps have been piling up

Haha- Thats great. But when I point out what Ben has gained weight the entire forum has an Exponential Meltdown, everyones Piles on making excuses and calling me an idiot. But now its just one more fact people want to use along with the argument I've been making all season about Tomlin blowing game after game.

When I say it, I'm an idiot, when someone else says it they're a genius.

Anyone ready to quit using me as the forum punching bag and just admit I'm right?
ˌ

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
12+88=6 wrote:

Haha- Thats great. But when I point out what Ben has gained weight the entire forum has an Exponential Meltdown, everyones Piles on making excuses and calling me an idiot. But now its just one more fact people want to use along with the argument I've been making all season about Tomlin blowing game after game.

Anyone ready to quit using me as the forum punching bag and just admit I'm right?
ˌ

What the hell happened? - Page 2 1401235891 I think there are just a couple of members on this board that will negatively comment on pretty much anything you say. As a member who only posts once a day maybe I get a good outside view.

That being said. You would make like 2-3 threads a week there for a short while and for the most part the topics seemed.. Trivial(ish)

They're just more pertinent now that everyone on this board is pissed off. If I were you I would wear the badge of infamy that you've been handed because a lot of threads, arguments, and conversations you've been a part of have sparked up more inside jokes and I don't see the "Ben is fat" thing dying anytime soon. It's just too good. Holding on to inside jokes is like... 90% of what we do here. What the hell happened? - Page 2 1797695198

I don't know whose Wheaties you peed in or how far it goes back but this board is only going to be completely in agreement if the Steelers are either The best team in the league or the worst team in the league, anything in between and there will be people who see the bad and people who don't want to hear it.

Now that the Steelers aren't making it into the playoffs... Ben IS fat, Tomlin IS a shit coach, and Antwong Blame has no supporters left.

And just to add some pepper to all this. Jarvis Jones is a bust guys.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:39 pm

Lol

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:58 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Get back to me on that after the Steelers release Bell What the hell happened? - Page 2 2981382511

Time to move on from Bell next season.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t6306-time-to-move-on-from-bell-next-season
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 8:11 pm

BEN IS NOT FAT.... when standing next to Casey Hampton..
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:25 pm

Don't bring bell into this he's got a bum knee

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 10:57 pm

Really should had won that game fair and square!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 11:44 pm

"Don't bring bell into this he's got a bum knee."

- Dr. ImperialFan, M.D.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:27 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
"Don't bring bell into this he's got a bum knee."

- Dr. ImperialFan, M.D.

What the hell happened? - Page 2 Crazy_doctor_by_dimazab

Sorry, couldn't resist! What the hell happened? - Page 2 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 10:41 am

What the hell happened? - Page 2 1549491426

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Late to the pity party. Traveling for the holidays sucks.

Harbaugh has our number (8 out of the last 11 cannot be ignored).

Ben shit the bed.  I put this disastrous loss on him.

How the hell did the defense allow Ryan Mallett to become Joe Montana?

Trestman had a lot of fun calling intermediate pass plays.

Tomlin should have taken the first 3 points of the game....it might not have mattered......but we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell happened?   What the hell happened? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What the hell happened?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2