Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeI say Wheaton Returns to #2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I say Wheaton Returns to #2

Go down 
+7
harrison'samonster
Buddha Bus
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerFreak58
schillah
El-Gonzo Jackson
ImperialFan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 Empty
PostSubject: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:03 pm

Markus Wheaton has 41 receptions for 692 yards and has shown constant improvement this season averaging 16.9 yards per catch. As opposed to 53 catches for 644 yards all of last season, despite QB performance being better last season.

Bryant has had 49 catches for 765 yards averaging 15.6 yards per catchs as opposed to last season having 26 catches for 549 yards

Brown obviously cuts into both of their production with 123 for 1647 yards averaging 13.4 YPC... and will likely top his 129 catches for 1698 yards from last season.

Its hard to gauge performance based solely on the stats due to the large chunks of time Bryant did not play the last two years for various reasons (such as smoking pot)
What Sticks out to me is how Bryants development has stalled during the second half of the season, some may say he has even regressed. I recall the one horrible fumble he had against the Browns I think it was, after he hauled in a nice catch the held the ball out there on a platter to be stripped away. Bryant only seems to be able to run one route, even though he does it well.... however frankly I don't think he has earned that #2 spot.

Wheaton has shown consistent development since the first time he has stepped on the field, he hasn't missed any significant time due to injury or drug use. This tell me he has a good worth ethic and seems to be focused on whats important. He can run all types of routes very well and hes ust getting better.

Bryant is a great athlete but I expected to see more development this year, not regression like I've seen.
I didn't see the game last sunday ( don't know if he sat due to injury or something) but I saw the stat line and Bryant had one catch for 6 yards. Nobody had a good game but wheaton has been consistent, hes took care of the ball, and hes pretty much caught everything he should catch. Bryant has been dropping balls all season, and I'm sick of seeing it. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Wheaton more targets and letting Bryant sink or swim on his own. Some one with Bryant's size and ability IMO should be putting up better numbers. If we had to decide today between keeping Bryant or keeping Wheaton I would keep wheaton, I see him being a very solid #2 receiver. If Bryant can only run one route, maybe hes expendable, I could see him asking for way more money than he has earned. ... Of course he still has next season to prove him self.

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 29c3yg5
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Aren't you the guy that was calling for Wheaton to be replaced by Sammy Coates less than 2 months ago??

I seem to remember a thread asking "What's Wheatons deal?". Maybe wait another 6 weeks and see what happens. I say Wheaton Returns to #2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:24 pm

With the 3WR sets I don't think it would matter much. Wheaton only had 3 less snaps than Bryant last week. Martivis simply needs to focus more. Moving him to #3 doesn't help the offense if his production is the same

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 Captur10
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Wheaton is the better deal.

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Maryjanetavis is questionable for this Sunday so Wheaton will be the #2 WR against the Brownies...
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:27 pm

Can't we just activate Jasom Worildiddy and move him into the slot? Either him or Cam Thomas.

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 Ee7ffacdb22647915dff1a9d3eef0fd8
-"I stand corrected... But I absolutely and wholeheartedly fart
in the general direction of almost every other thing you have posted to this point."-
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:32 pm

No I wasn't saying Wheaton be replaced by Sammy Coates. I just noticed he wasn't doing shit then ironically he started whooping ass. Lol

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Can't we just activate Jasom Worildiddy and move him into the slot? Either him or Cam Thomas.

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 3562723908

Best cornerback since Joe Montegna

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Cam Thomas will be the #2 WR next season.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Seriously though.. I think the production on those 2 just depends on what the defense is giving Ben.. AB is going to get his one way or another, but when Ben progresses through his reads he just goes to whoever he can get it to. It varies from game to game.. Some games Bryant smokes Wheaton.. other games they are about even.. some games Heath smokes both of them.. Some days, Bryant just smokes weed.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 12:04 am

ImperialFan wrote:
No I wasn't saying Wheaton be replaced by Sammy Coates. I just noticed he wasn't doing shit then ironically he started whooping ass. Lol

I guess it was this part of your first post of that thread that made me think you thought they should give up on Wheaton and go with Coates instead. I say Wheaton Returns to #2 2087824411

He's not a bad player but WR happens to be a position we have plenty of depth at. This man doesn't deserve a big contract, not here in Pittsburgh where I feel like we are going to want to lock Brown and Bryant up for a while.

Wheaton can be replaced, Coats maybe?

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t6353-whats-wheaton-s-deal
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:03 am

Maryjanetavis!!!! HAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 1:25 am

Martavis by and far has the higher ceiling as a receiver. He's had his ups and downs in his sophomore season, but I look for the kid to get better. He just needs to work on his hands, he has all the talent to be a stud at his position, and could probably be a #1 receiver on a lot of other teams.

All I want is for the Steelers to keep this offense intact, and address the issues on defense. If we were better defensively we're a Super Bowl caliber team.

I say Wheaton Returns to #2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:23 pm

I'd be good with AB, Wheaton and Coates for the future. I think Coates is going to be special, but it's just a guess at this point.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Wheaton's progression is undeniable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I say Wheaton Returns to #2   I say Wheaton Returns to #2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I say Wheaton Returns to #2
Page 1 of 1