Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSkipper returns Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Skipper returns

Go down 
+4
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 pm

It took 11 weeks into the NFL season for the Pittsburgh Steelers to bring linebacker Tuzar Skipper back to their 53-man roster.

Skipper, who was lost on a waiver claim to the New York Giants after the first week of games, returned to the Steelers on Tuesday when defensive end L.T. Walton was placed on injured reserve with a meniscus tear in his knee. Skipper was signed from the Giants practice squad and must spend three weeks on the Steelers’ active roster.

https://triblive.com/sports/signed-from-giants-practice-squad-olb-tuzar-skipper-returns-to-steelers/?printerfriendly=true

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyTue Nov 19, 2019 11:53 pm

Super Bowl bound now for sure!!! Skipper returns 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 am

it seems tomlin was far more impressed by skipper than anyone else in the NFL. my faith in their judgement of talent has faded greatly over the years.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 5:55 am

We need help. We're thin and hopefully he gets a shot at spelling TJ and Dupree.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:01 am

Should've kept Skipper on the roster to begin with. I get that he was going against some cupcakes in the preseason, but he was still quite disruptive, and nobody else was doing what he was doing. Would love to see him in the rotation over Chickillo, at least in pass rushing situations.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:42 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Should've kept Skipper on the roster to begin with. I get that he was going against some cupcakes in the preseason, but he was still quite disruptive, and nobody else was doing what he was doing. Would love to see him in the rotation over Chickillo, at least in pass rushing situations.

I think Chckillo is banged up. If I'm right that could be a blessing in disguise because they will have to use Skipper and hopefully find out he is the better option.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 am

I don't know much about this guy but I'm excited to see what he can do.

IowaSteeler927

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:59 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I don't know much about this guy but I'm excited to see what he can do.

He was with us during training camp and the preseason. He had a total of 5 sacks which may have lead the league as far as preseason stats go. They tried to be sneaky and stash him on the practice squad and the Giants snatched him up. Thankfully the Giants released him, which is fine by me. He was a one-man wrecking crew in the preseason. I want to see what he can do against starters.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:07 am

Skipper is a back up that played great against 3s and 4s if he would have been better against 1s and 2s he wouldnt have been on a practice squad. Wat hed him llay great in preseason but thinking he is anything more then just a backup is wishful thinking.

Hoping he can come in contribute on ST and spell TJ and Dupree. If he gets a shot and playes out of his mind great but I doubt it. Just like Adenyie a decent back up maybe...
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Skipper is a back up that played great against 3s and 4s if he would have been better against 1s and 2s he wouldnt have been on a practice squad. Wat hed him llay great in preseason but thinking he is anything more then just a backup is wishful thinking.

Hoping he can come in contribute on ST and spell TJ and Dupree. If he gets a shot and playes out of his mind great but I doubt it. Just like Adenyie a decent back up maybe...

You do know this was how Deebo got started,bouncing around. It could happen. Skipper returns 1647293567 Wouldn't that be something?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:58 am

It would be great but the chances of it happening are minimal. Would I love it for him to come in and dominate? Hell yes we need it especially with Dupree coming up on a contract year. I just don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It would be great but the chances of it happening are minimal. Would I love it for him to come in and dominate? Hell yes we need it especially with Dupree coming up on a contract year. I just don't  see it happening.

We've had plenty of bad news this season. When was the last time we had this many injuries in a season? It's been awhile. This situation is a golden opportunity for not only Skipper but Snell too. I hope they both take off.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

You do know this was how Deebo got started,bouncing around. It could happen. Skipper returns 1647293567 Wouldn't that be something?
wait..i thought Adenyie was going to be the next deebo story  Skipper returns 2829330259
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

wait..i thought Adenyie was going to be the next deebo story  Skipper returns 2829330259

I thought he could be but all he has been is injured or playing hurt. I'm not saying Skipper is the next Deebo but I would be fine if he pushed for Chikillo's job. Younger,faster,cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:23 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

You beat me to it. That's the exact point I was going to make. A number of teams didn't like what they saw in Harrison. He bounced around, and even after he made our roster, he was a backup for awhile before getting his shot. Sometimes players, for various reasons, fall through the cracks. That doesn't mean that Skipper will be the next Harrison, but having bounced around also doesn't guarantee he won't be successful.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 am

Fully aware how Harrison got his chance and like I said it would be awesome if Skipper could be the next diamond in the rough the chances of that are slim to none. For every Harrison there are 100s of Adenyies, Skippers, Chickalos, etc etc etc...

We need him to be a rockstar will that happen? Dont get your hopes to high.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Fully aware how Harrison got his chance and like I said it would be awesome if Skipper could be the next diamond in the rough the chances of that are slim to none. For every Harrison there are 100s of Adenyies, Skippers, Chickalos, etc etc etc...

We need him to be a rockstar will that happen? Dont get your hopes to high.

Almost exactly what I said in the Chickillo arrested topic Skipper returns 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Let's just give the guy a chance and see what he can do. Myself, I feel good about his chances of contributing.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 2:43 am

Skipper can only play against the guys they put in front of him, and he pretty well dominated whoever was in front of him during the preseason. I also read the camp notes daily and read quite a bit of positives about him leading up to the preseason. He's also a rookie, so I think one can safely say he hasn't yet hit his ceiling. He's got room to improve, but in the small sample size we've seen he looked a lot more promising to me than Chickillo ever has. Chickillo has hung around because he's a decent special teams player.

I want to see Skipper get some meaningful snaps against the Bengals. He should already be familiar with the defense, so rotating him in as a pass rusher shouldn't be out of the question.

Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 2:01 am

i'm all for giving a fresh body a chance, as long as they dont keep him around for 4 or 5 years if he doesn't show real improvement from year to year...like chickillo Skipper returns 1401235891

if i were coach players would always live in fear of being cut ... especially the backups. Skipper returns 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm all for giving a fresh body a chance, as long as they dont keep him around for 4 or 5 years if he doesn't show real improvement from year to year...like chickillo Skipper returns 1401235891

if i were coach players would always live in fear of being cut ... especially the backups. Skipper returns 1797695198

I'm not sure what it takes to become a Tomlin favorite but I do know it is not necessarily talent.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Did he even play?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 5:10 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm not sure what it takes to become a Tomlin favorite but I do know it is not necessarily talent.

its not just Tomlin...remember a back up center named Chukky Okobi ? drafted in 2001 in the 5th round. had the backup role to jeff hartings for 5 years. then when Hartings retired and time for Chukky to step up, Cohwer suddenly realized he sucked , cut him,  and we end up with the worst center ever sean mahan. so 5 years was wasted instead of looking for a real future starter .... PLUS...the time wasted with mahan...Skipper returns 1505004552...both of which never played in the NFL again...whats that tell you ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skipper returns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipper returns   Skipper returns Empty

Back to top Go down

Skipper returns
Page 1 of 1