Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Steelers EARNED their playoff berth Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth

Go down 
+11
El-Gonzo Jackson
The_Joker
JonM229
jak341
stlrtruck
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
EbonySteel86
SteelersNorth
ImperialFan
solardave
Craziaskowboi
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Craziaskowboi

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth Empty
PostSubject: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:32 am

Given the brutal schedule and the litany of injuries to star players, the fact that the Steelers even made the playoffs is a miracle, and a testament to the team's resilience. So let's stop bitching about minutiae for a bit and appreciate the bigger goddamn picture for a change. THE STEELERS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS! This alone is cause for celebration!

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 2287965686 The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 3262125054
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:54 am

I'm glad we're in. I know if the D holds up their end and Ben gets his head out of his ass with the INT problem we can beat anyone.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:59 am

Its going to be a long road if we want a championship... The AFC Doesn't really have a team that scares me much, we know Denver is good, and new england always comes ready to play in January, but I'd say the AFC is fairly soft in comparison to the past few years. The NFC has some dangerous teams. Cards, panthers, seahawks, packers, vikings, I think whoever comes out of that group will be favorites to win.

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:27 am

ImperialFan wrote:
Its going to be a long road if we want a championship... The AFC Doesn't really have a team that scares me much, we know Denver is good, and new england always comes ready to play in January, but I'd say the AFC is fairly soft in comparison to the past few years. The NFC has some dangerous teams. Cards, panthers, seahawks, packers, vikings, I think whoever comes out of that group will be favorites to win.

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 3562723908
really the packers are 'dangerous' The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 3562723908
you didn't see many of their games this year did you?

they've pretty much sucked since week 4.

Mind you the first 3 teams are the most dangerous in the NFC for sure.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 am

solardave wrote:
I'm glad we're in. I know if the D holds up their end and Ben gets his head out of his ass with the INT problem we can beat anyone.
Ben needs a running game. Hell, this TEAM needs a running game. Without that, I don't see us going far. I don't trust Ben to make good decisions at crucial times anymore. And our defense has been suspect for a few years now. With out some sort of running game, IMO, we're screwed. The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 1505004552
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:57 am

EbonySteel86 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Ben needs a running game. Hell, this TEAM needs a running game. Without that, I don't see us going far. I don't trust Ben to make good decisions at crucial times anymore. And our defense has been suspect for a few years now. With out some sort of running game, IMO, we're screwed. The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 1505004552

Agreed.
The sad thing is the INTs lately have come at the worst times when they start to move the ball really well he'll throw one OR when they try to go for a quick strike which has happened lately too.

His 2 worst ones were the ones in the Broncos game and the Ravens game where he was to throw to the sideline and sidearmed it inside each time. Pretty brutal really.

Fingers crossed that he treats this as a new season and plays like he did the first 2.75 games before his knee injury.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:07 am

I have to agree. I think the team did a good job overcoming a tough schedule, injuries, and adjusting to a new D. Now it does feel like we underachieved some but at the same time, I think this team could contend.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:18 am

Packers are still a dangerous team in the playoffs.

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:45 am

The Packers haven't done anything much like the Steelers since Super Bowl XLV in the playoffs.
They've been 1 and done twice for sure and last season got lucky on a TD that was wrongly overturned against Dallas which would have been 3 times.

So that's not exactly dangerous.

But its a new season; so yes anything can happen.

Hopefully Kirk 'YOU LIKE THAT' Cousins plays the way he's been playing and the 'Skins'll win.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:52 am

Have to agree with SN that the Packers have been underachievers in the playoffs since they beat us in the SB some years back. I wouldn't be shocked if the Redskins beat the Packers. Rodgers is missing Nelson badly.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:31 am

I agree. I've heard so many announcers make excuses for teams like the Patriots*****, packers, bengals, etc, and all the injuries they've sustained. Not once since the playoff picture started forming have I heard anyone mention the losses the Steelers have overcome.

Time to show what the #6 seed can do - circa 2005!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:31 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Have to agree with SN that the Packers have been underachievers in the playoffs since they beat us in the SB some years back. I wouldn't be shocked if the Redskins beat the Packers. Rodgers is missing Nelson badly.

Rodgers missing Nelson isn't an excuse. They've had what 20, 21 weeks since his injury to figure it out. Then again I thought based on what you read and hear most times Rodgers is a one man band. Of course that's only when he plays well otherwise is what excuse can we dream up so not make him look bad.

This season in my view proved that Ben is better than Rodgers regardless of stats; why:
Rodgers is nothing without Nelson by all accounts. But if Rodgers is as good as he's promoted shouldn't he make the guys around him 'better'?

AB is nothing if he doesn't have Ben throw him the ball. Ben makes AB, AB.

If Ben plays those 4 games by all accounts AB more than likely destroys all the single season receiving records and by my guess even cracks 160 receptions.

Although none of those stats will matter if they don't win Saturday because winning trumps all stats in the 'new' era of the NFL.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:34 am

Peter King is really drooling over the Steelers as "the team no one wants to play".

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/04/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-nfl-playoffs

I would pump the brakes a bit on this.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:

Rodgers missing Nelson isn't an excuse. They've had what 20, 21 weeks since his injury to figure it out. Then again I thought based on what you read and hear most times Rodgers is a one man band. Of course that's only when he plays well otherwise is what excuse can we dream up so not make him look bad.

This season in my view proved that Ben is better than Rodgers regardless of stats; why:
Rodgers is nothing without Nelson by all accounts. But if Rodgers is as good as he's promoted shouldn't he make the guys around him 'better'?

AB is nothing if he doesn't have Ben throw him the ball. Ben makes AB, AB.

If Ben plays those 4 games by all accounts AB more than likely destroys all the single season receiving records and by my guess even cracks 160 receptions.

Although none of those stats will matter if they don't win Saturday because winning trumps all stats in the 'new' era of the NFL.
We're on the same page. Agreed with 100% of what you've said here about Ben, AR, and the receivers.

Oh we agree. Wasn't trying to use it as an excuse at all. Rodgers has to adapt because you know Ben would adapt if AB got hurt. I think Ben's a lot better than many QBs I see listed ahead of him due to his mental and physical toughness. Plus outside the 2010 post season, I don't really get a clutch vibe from Rodgers. But yeah in the end of the day especially in this age, wins matter for a lot in perception. I can't believe people were actually talking about Eli Manning as having being better than Ben at one point.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:18 am

jak341 wrote:
Peter King is really drooling over the Steelers as "the team no one wants to play".

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/04/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-nfl-playoffs

its funny cause leading up to the Ravens game 2 weeks ago NFL network and ESPN we're all over the Steelers after the big win against Denver.

They wen't and shit the bed.

Its strange when they get the praise and moderate hype they flop.
Anytime they're an underdog they go out and do what they're supposed to do and play they way they should play which is amazing on offense and decent on d.

Now I don't know what to expect lol
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:30 am

jak341 wrote:

He must have been tired from all of that Kraft/Belichick/Brady ball washing

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:15 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

The Packers won't get past the Redskins.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

The_Joker wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

The team from Washington still sucks, but honestly ....neither of those teams wins 2 games in the playoffs.

As for earning a spot....who cares, they are in. They were swept by a team with the #6 overall draft spot...I'd say they underperformed many times this season.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 3:49 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

The team from Washington still sucks, but honestly ....neither of those teams wins 2 games in the playoffs.  

As for earning a spot....who cares, they are in.  They were swept by a team with the #6 overall draft spot...I'd say they underperformed many times this season.

Hey, he's talking about my team!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
The_Joker

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:14 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

The team from Washington still sucks

Hey! Don't talk about my Caps that way!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:41 pm

The_Joker wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I was thinking about the Bullets. The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Since I live by a bunch of Saints fans, I made one of my co-workers upset today. I jokingly asked him who the Saints play this weekend. He walked off grumbling to another co-worker, who is a Redskins fan. The Redskins fan later told me that the Saints fan got mad and said that the Steelers barely made it and that I shouldn't be cracking jokes.. ;oP We may have "barely" made, but we are in and now we are all 0-0.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 9:30 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The_Joker wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I was thinking about the Bullets. The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 2829330259

Or the Wizards??
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:36 am

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth 12487054_991026047632069_3841468769718902153_o

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 10:56 am

Packers v redskins? I'll take Green Bay to win that game.

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth   The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth Empty

Back to top Go down

The Steelers EARNED their playoff berth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next