Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTouissant / Todman Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Touissant / Todman

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
FanSince72
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Fire Arians
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Anyone else really impressed with how these kids played Saturday? I really think they should get more playing time, even when D-will is back. It seems either of them can be a dangerous 3rd down back like Mewelde Moore. Todman does seem to have the big play threat as well, but Touissant is definitely a better pass protector.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Very. It certainly was not Ben Tate/Josh Harris redux.They both showed a lot in the game on Saturday and I hope they have a role against the Broncos.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Anyone else really impressed with how these kids played Saturday? I really think they should get more playing time, even when D-will is back. It seems either of them can be a dangerous 3rd down back like Mewelde Moore. Todman does seem to have the big play threat as well, but Touissant is definitely a better pass protector.

I am completely impressed with both of them.

Not only that but Touissant seems to be a good "A-gap/B-gap" runner while Todman seems to be a better off-tackle runner.
Kind of a one-two punch and they both have some speed to boot!

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:56 pm

Very impressive. Steelers got 183 total yards out of the RB position...I was thinking it would have been much less than that all last week. I thought Todman the better, more elusive, runner but Touissant an excellent receiver and blocker. Touissant's catch on the last drive on 3rd down and then going out of bounds was crucial.

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:01 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Very impressive. Steelers got 183 total yards out of the RB position...I was thinking it would have been much less than that all last week.  I thought Todman the better, more elusive, runner but Touissant an excellent receiver and blocker. Touissant's catch on the last drive on 3rd down and then going out of bounds was crucial.
Yeah they both did a nice job. I have to say as much as I like the big passing attack we've developed, I liked the game on Saturday since it was sort of old school Steelers since we went run-first. I became a Steelers fan around the time we got Bettis so I've always loved the running game. Great point about the Toussant third down conversion. He made a nice catch and then got out of bounds and his blocking really helped too.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 3:15 pm

I hate to say this, but another example of Tomlin sitting on talent (e.g., Boykin). I think it's Tomlin's biggest flaw - way bigger than time management. My guess is that Shamarko could actually play too if given the snaps.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:11 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
I hate to say this, but another example of Tomlin sitting on talent (e.g., Boykin). I think it's Tomlin's biggest flaw - way bigger than time management. My guess is that Shamarko could actually play too if given the snaps.

Judging by how many boneheaded penalties #29 has on special teams, the coaches are right not to trust him.

Though Todman definitely looks like he has the makings of a change of pace back. I really like what that kid showed.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Judging by how many boneheaded penalties #29 has on special teams, the coaches are right not to trust him.

Though Todman definitely looks like he has the makings of a change of pace back. I really like what that kid showed.

Shark is one of their best ST players.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:21 pm

No. Some of our resident geniuses here said they suck and are worthless so it must be true regardless of reality.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:23 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

I'm pretty sure he leads the NFL in fair catch interference penalties. The kid is talented but dumb as rocks
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:39 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

I'm pretty sure he leads the NFL in fair catch interference penalties. The kid is talented but dumb as rocks
He does have a lot of those. I root hard for the kid knowing his personal story but he makes a lot of dumb football mistakes. Hopefully he can improve still but I'd look at a safety early in the draft next year.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

In 3 years, he's had 6 total penalties for 86 yards, 3 for PR interference.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

I have to admit, I'm mistaken in that case. Nothing against him but I would have swore it was more.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Those 3 must be this year alone, and I'm sure it is, that's a problem
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Yeah they were LOL... I think he's pressing because he wants to contribute and get on the field more. It just gets old wasting these 3rd-4th round picks on players that never get the chance to play. I hope that Coates in not another one. I know that we are supposed to take the coaches word for it that they are dumb or don't practice hard, or aren't in shape, but aren't these the things you're supposed to identify in the draft process?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:33 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Yeah they were LOL... I think he's pressing because he wants to contribute and get on the field more. It just gets old wasting these 3rd-4th round picks on players that never get the chance to play. I hope that Coates in not another one. I know that we are supposed to take the coaches word for it that they are dumb or don't practice hard, or aren't in shape, but aren't these the things you're supposed to identify in the draft process?
I dunno. Bryant is a fourth round guy who got himself noticed early. I still have hope that Shamerko can contribute though. It's always been tough though for him since he was annotated as Troy P's successor and those were big shoes to fill.As I said, I root hard for the kid, he's helping to raise his younger siblings alone since they were orphaned and he seems like a quality kid too.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:39 pm

I was completely taken by surprise by them. There wasn't much tape to study on them but they still way out performed my expectations.

El-Gonzo Jackson

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
No. Some of our resident geniuses here said they suck and are worthless so it must be true regardless of reality.
Touissant / Todman 3562723908 Touissant / Todman 1549491426

This made me laugh so hard I Touissant / Todman 2744185472
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Touissant / Todman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Touissant / Todman   Touissant / Todman Empty

Back to top Go down

Touissant / Todman
Page 1 of 1