Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWilliams vs Tousaint/Todman Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Williams vs Tousaint/Todman

Go down 
+7
Steel Peon
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
El-Gonzo Jackson
Fire Arians
schillah
ImperialFan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Williams vs Tousaint/Todman Empty
PostSubject: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:09 pm

From what I've been reading Williams will probably miss the Denver game.

Obviously we need Ben. Let's assume Ben plays. Who do you feel better with Williams or the Todman/Tousaint combo that was very impressive Saturday night. I had no faith in them and they really surprised me, did great in receiving and were busting off big runs all night.

I'd be just fine with them two doing the running again, Williams is great but todman and toussiant are 100 percent healthy and both showed they can make a big impact. I was really impressed with todmans moves and speed. Tousaints catch on the final drive was just great. Todman was described as a slasher, and he really is. If Williams can go I think it would be great to use all 3 of them in a committee. Williams would be great for goal line plays and the other two could move the ball down the field. Kind of like when Parker started the drives and the bus finished them. This team is so deep at the running back position, our run game should be strong for years to come.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:57 pm

No fumbles, they see the holes and can catch...love it

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Those guys at 100% will be more effective than Williams at 60%, go with T&T

Honestly thought Todman was one of the biggest threats to take one to the house, that kid looks fast
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:00 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Those guys at 100% will be more effective than Williams at 60%, go with T&T

Honestly thought Todman was one of the biggest threats to take one to the house, that kid looks fast
Do you remember Todman from the preseason game against Carolina?? Kid showed he had speed.

Williams vs Tousaint/Todman 0904_PANTHERS_STEELERS_17
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:17 am

They both played extremely well, and as mentioned that catch by Tousaint on the last drive was crucial. I don't want to downplay Tousaint because he played very well, and apparently is the better package. But Todman looked incredible with those bursts. This team has been unbelievable getting production out of back ups. They were down to 3rd/4th string and still got 183 total yards from the RB position, behind a rebuilt O-line, against the 2nd ranked D

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:34 am

I wouldn't get too excited about the running game. I was listening to NFL Radio tonight on my way into work and they were interviewing Aqib Talib and they asked him about his thoughts on the effectiveness of the Steelers running game against the Bengals. Talib said that the Bengals were running a lot of 2 high safeties so they were basically giving us more of an ability to run in order to try and take away the deep ball down the field.

I don't think the Broncos are going to do that. They know that Ben has a sprained AC Joint, and they know that we're going to try and dink and dunk it and rely on the running game. The Broncos shut down the run completely when they played us last time, and I expect this time to be no different. They'll gear up to stop the run, and dare us to throw the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:22 am

Toussaint appears to have great hands, but his speed isn't anything special, and I'd say he lacks any sort of burst/break-away acceleration. Todman on the other hand, definitely looks like he's got some nitros in his back pocket, and exhibited some really great burst speed. Todman's receiving abilities weren't really tested as far as I saw, so maybe that's a clue about his hands. However, the thing I most dreaded didn't happen and neither of them fumbled, so that's another big plus.

As far as DW goes, he's got everything both of those guys have in one package, and is by far our best choice if he can play.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:19 am

Steel Peon wrote:
Toussaint appears to have great hands, but his speed isn't anything special, and I'd say he lacks any sort of burst/break-away acceleration. Todman on the other hand, definitely looks like he's got some nitros in his back pocket, and exhibited some really great burst speed. Todman's receiving abilities weren't really tested as far as I saw, so maybe that's a clue about his hands. However, the thing I most dreaded didn't happen and neither of them fumbled, so that's another big plus.

As far as DW goes, he's got everything both of those guys have in one package, and is by far our best choice if he can play.

I want Williams to come back healthy. If we can get past the Broncos we're going to need him for the next game and I'd rather than be at full health, instead of rushing him back and possibly worsening his injury. Todman, and Toussaint proved they can play when they have some blocking. The O-Line needs to once again, be on top of their game in the run blocking department, because even with Williams healthy against the Broncos during our last matchup, the running game was non-existent. We're going to need some semblance of a running game against Denver to help take the pressure off of Ben. With his shoulder being the way that it is, I don't know that he's going to be able to air it out. Blake Bortles had a similar AC joint injury incurred one week, and the next week against the Texans he managed to still throw for 340+ yards and a couple of TDs, so it's hard to say how good Ben is going to be. We won't know until we see him play on Sunday.

I'm more worried at this point about Antonio Brown. There are reports out there saying he's playing this weekend, and there are reports saying he's doubtful. Brown scorched the Broncos secondary and he whipped one of the best corners in the league in Chris Harris last time we played them. We absolutely need him on the field. He's so good that he makes plays despite being double covered, and he takes pressure off of the other receivers. Without Brown we become much less dynamic.

WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 7:02 am

The killer B's have lost their sting

but we still have

T N T that's dynamite...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 7:10 am

WVABE wrote:

but we still have

T N T that's dynamite...

Williams vs Tousaint/Todman 1785565375 Boom dynamite!

FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 11:17 am

Steel Peon wrote:

I don't think Williams has Todman's speed but I like him overall.
Of course, there's not a whole lot of film or history with the Todman/Touissant combo and that can be a big advantage for us.

If Ben is OK to go but AB isn't, I think I'd prefer TnT because it gives us a bit more to work with.

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 12:07 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Obviously we need Ben. Let's assume Ben plays. Who do you feel better with Williams or the Todman/Tousaint combo that was very impressive Saturday night. I had no faith in them and they really surprised me, did great in receiving and were busting off big runs all night.

I'd be just fine with them two doing the running again, Williams is great but todman and toussiant are 100 percent healthy and both showed they can make a big impact. I was really impressed with todmans moves and speed. Tousaints catch on the final drive was just great. Todman was described as a slasher, and he really is. If Williams can go I think it would be great to use all 3 of them in a committee. Williams would be great for goal line plays and the other two could move the ball down the field. Kind of like when Parker started the drives and the bus finished them. This team is so deep at the running back position, our run game should be strong for years to come.

Yeah if I remember right you posted that they SUCK.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 6:55 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Yeah if I remember right you posted that they SUCK.

I sure did. And I was wrong. I'm impressed with them. I just thought they sucked based on tape I had seen, but they looked totally different out there on Saturday.

I'm not the only one that didn't have faith in them.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:33 am

WVABE wrote:

but we still have

T N T that's dynamite...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Williams vs Tousaint/Todman   Williams vs Tousaint/Todman Empty

Back to top Go down

Williams vs Tousaint/Todman
Page 1 of 1