Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrowns hire Hue Jackson as HC Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC

Go down 
+7
FanSince72
JonM229
Vis
jak341
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC Empty
PostSubject: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621189/article/cleveland-browns-hiring-hue-jackson-as-head-coach
Not a bad hire honestly but Holmgren had a much more impressive resume and didn't do much with the Browns. This is the second year in a row that Cincy has lost its OC. Honestly, if I were Jackson, I would have preferred some of the other vacances but obviously I don't know what the interviews were like and I'm sure he'd like to go down as the man who turned around Cleveland but I really don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Browns hiring Hue Jackson

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 13, 2016

Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptixowfhyzhlowrlymzizdg3ndi3ymuxywrim2jmyza5-e1400872296907

The Browns’ coaching search is over, and Hue Jackson is their man.

Jackson will be hired today as the Browns’ next head coach, according to multiple reports.

That’s a coup for Cleveland, as Jackson had become a very attractive candidate after doing good work as the offensive coordinator of the Bengals. Both the 49ers and Giants were interested in Jackson’s services, and some reports indicated that the 49ers had at one point identified Jackson as their first choice.

Jackson will have an uphill battle in Cleveland, having to turn around a franchise that has become viewed as perhaps the worst in the NFL in recent years. But Jackson is a well-regarded coach around the league, and the Browns can be glad that they got their man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/13/browns-hiring-hue-jackson/
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:34 pm

From one loser franchise to another.

At least with the Browns, you have to feel bad for time a bit. It's like they have had their noses rubbed in the dirt so many times. Just once, you hope, they are the ones to be carried off on someone's shoulders [but not at the Steelers expense of course.]
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:40 pm

jak341 wrote:
From one loser franchise to another.

At least with the Browns, you have to feel bad for time a bit. It's like they have had their noses rubbed in the dirt so many times. Just once, you hope, they are the ones to be carried off on someone's shoulders [but not at the Steelers expense of course.]
I really thought the Giatns would have been a good fit for him since he's someone who they think is a good upcoming coach and the Maras would be patient whereas Haslam won't be. I do feel for Browns though a bit though. The fans anyhow, always was unfortunate how they lost the first incarnation of their team and Haslam is one of the worst owners in the sport. Plus the long list of first round QB busts that I can count to three in Ben's career.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 2:46 pm

Too bad for Jackson - there are only 32 head coaching gigs in the NFL, but that one is the worst opening and now the Browns are planning to reinvent football after hiring an analytics guru from the Mets (not Jets - the baseball team Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC 1797695198 )

Jackson was the HC in Oakland so he has experience with messed up organizations

I think that hurts the Bengals after losing Gruden as OC two years ago so glad Jackson got a job
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Too bad for Jackson - there are only 32 head coaching gigs in the NFL, but that one is the worst opening and now the Browns are planning to reinvent football after hiring an analytics guru from the Mets (not Jets - the baseball team Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC 1797695198 )

I think that hurts the Bengals after losing Gruden as OC two years ago so glad Jackson got a job
My thoughts exactly.Makes you wonder who they will hire to replace Jackson. I think that's a big loss for Cincy. Dalton had his best year this year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

The analytics thing is so interesting. Although there isn't the wealth of statistics in football, there is some opportunity to chart some of this. It's a high risk / high reward type of thing. If they come up with something, they will be at the forefront of football analytics.

Of course, they are the Browns and they will probably pass up a HOF QB in the first round to pick up someone who flames out in year 3 based on analytics.

Honestly though, I'm kind of rooting for them. I'm a stats nerd, not to mention it's a big part of my daily work.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:36 pm

jak341 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

The analytics thing is so interesting. Although there isn't the wealth of statistics in football, there is some opportunity to chart some of this. It's a high risk / high reward type of thing. If they come up with something, they will be at the forefront of football analytics.

Of course, they are the Browns and they will probably pass up a HOF QB in the first round to pick up someone who flames out in year 3 based on analytics.

Honestly though, I'm kind of rooting for them. I'm a stats nerd, not to mention it's a big part of my daily work.

I am not mocking analytics - it has significantly changed how baseball teams are put together

I just wonder how readily transferable someone's skills in analyzing baseball data are to football data and whether the set up of reliable models is that similar - if you just need to someone to data mine hire a quant off Wall Street

The Mets guy knew how to read baseball data based on years of experience with that particular sport
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Let Hue pick the QB.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Baseball....football...same thing

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Vis wrote:
Let Hue pick the QB.  

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Hue already flexing his coaching muscle: Manzel is reportedly done in Cleveland. Hue doesn't want anything to do with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/johnny-manziel-is-done-in-cleveland--so-what-s-next-203427534.html
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:47 am

jak341 wrote:
Hue already flexing his coaching muscle: Manzel is reportedly done in Cleveland. Hue doesn't want anything to do with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/johnny-manziel-is-done-in-cleveland--so-what-s-next-203427534.html

It would appear that 31 other teams feel the same way.

His dog probably still loves him though... so he's got that going for him I guess.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 2:12 am

Manziel will be in Dallas. Jerry Jones nearly drafted him. Now that he could get him likely on the cheap, he'll end up in Dallas. He already brought in a scumbag like Greg Hardy, so I highly doubt the antics of Manziel in Cleveland are going to deter him. In fact it wouldn't surprise me at all if Manziel was acting like an asshat in Cleveland on purpose so the franchise would be forced to let him go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 11:52 am

So the Ravens are the only AFC North team with a white head coach now.. bunch of racists. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 12:28 pm

At least we know now who the Browns will be firing in two years.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Lokki wrote:
So the Ravens are the only AFC North team with a white head coach now.. bunch of racists.  Twisted Evil

Blame Lovie Smith, the first black coach to lose in the Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 1:33 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
So the Ravens are the only AFC North team with a white head coach now.. bunch of racists.  Twisted Evil

But he lost to a black coach, so it doesn't really count.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Lokki wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

That's racist

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:46 pm

It's honestly a good hire for them but knowing how Haslam operates, they'll panic. if he doesn't have them SB bound within two years.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:47 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

That's racist

Says the guy who's team is still coached by Whitey McWhiterton.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:18 am

JonM229 wrote:
Vis wrote:
Let Hue pick the QB.  

Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC 1647293567

I teach a pain in the ass kid named "Hugh" and I can't tell you many times I've had to hold back from repeating that same line.  Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC   Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns hire Hue Jackson as HC
Page 1 of 1