Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC Empty
PostSubject: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Doug Pederson will become the Eagles’ next head coach, a person familiar with the situation said.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the hiring can’t become official until the Chiefs’ season is finished. The Chiefs will play New England on Saturday in an NFL Divisional round playoff game.

The Eagles wouldn’t confirm the impending hiring, saying only: “We have concluded our search for a head coach. No further interviews are scheduled.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2016/01/14/doug-pederson-philadelphia-hire/78812056/

Is the last opening the Titans?  I read Mularkey is going to be retained after being the interim who replaced Whisenhunt

So Haley did not even get an interview anywhere?

Wonder if the stink of that Ravens performance in week 16 scared anyone off?
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 10:32 pm

I can't help but chuckle that the Eagles are taking away one of Andy Reid's coaches.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

You know I'm surprised nobody has been tossing Todd Haley's name around. I thought for sure we'd hear about at least one team having an interest in him. I guess the stink of his tenure in KC still hasn't worn off. Good for us, this offense is the best it's ever been so I'd kind of like to keep him around.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 6:45 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
You know I'm surprised nobody has been tossing Todd Haley's name around. I thought for sure we'd hear about at least one team having an interest in him. I guess the stink of his tenure in KC still hasn't worn off. Good for us, this offense is the best it's ever been so I'd kind of like to keep him around.

They are keeping their grubby paws off of Munchak too.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:06 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I thought Haley had a real shot at being considered for the Eagles job after former Steelers front office guy Tom Donohoe, who was close to Haley's dad when both were with the Steelers, was brought in to assist the coaching search.

But after dealing with Chip Kelly's monarchy, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said his criteria for his next coach included "You have to (get along) with everyone you work with and come in contact with."  

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/chip-kelly-fired-jeffrey-lurie-press-conference-smug-coaching-search-quotes-open-heart-released

Not exactly a key component of Haley's skill set.

As Lokki noted, it looks like Lurie wants to try and restore the atmosphere of what are now seen as the good old days under Andy Reid.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:08 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I was actually surprised about that too. Not complaining though. I'm happy to have Haley. By the way, he's a cousin of a friend of my Dad's. From what I understand, Pioli really meddled and screwed him behind the scenes in KC with some pretty shady stuff so it's possible he was really soured by the entire experience. It's funny really. When Todd's cousin was talking about how his uncle was a scout for the Steelers. I thought it was really cool. Did not add two and two together to realize it was Dick Haley who had such a big role in developing the dynasty of the 70's.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:28 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I was actually surprised about that too. Not complaining though. I'm happy to have Haley. By the way, he's a cousin of a friend of my Dad's. From what I understand, Pioli really meddled and screwed him behind the scenes in KC with some pretty shady stuff so it's possible he was really soured by the entire experience. It's funny really. When Todd's cousin was talking about how his uncle was a scout for the Steelers. I thought it was really cool. Did not add two and two together to realize it was Dick Haley who had such a big role in developing the dynasty of the 70's.

One initial thought when Todd Haley was interviewed for the Steelers OC position was that the Rooneys were doing a solid for Haley's dad in an attempt to help rehab Haley's rep after the crash and burn in KC but that Haley was not a serious candidate

Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the latest candidate to interview for the Steelers' vacant offensive coordinator position. But the possibility of him being hired to replace Bruce Arians seems remote.

Haley, the son of former Steelers personnel director Dick Haley, was at the South Side facility Tuesday to meet with coach Mike Tomlin -- an interview uncharacteristically announced on the team's website.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/1207231-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz3xKatAVWT

Art Rooney II went so far as to deny he was involved in pushing Haley for the job

Todd Haley was a Steelers ballboy. However, those family connections had nothing to do with Haley being a candidate for the job, Rooney said.

"No. I've known the Haley family for a long time and I have great respect for Todd's father. Really, I've had very little contact with Todd for most of his adult life. I knew him as a kid. It's not like Todd is somebody I've had this long friendship with and been dying to bring here.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34873301
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC   Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles To Hire KC O-Coordinator As HC
Page 1 of 1