Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStill proud of this team. - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Still proud of this team.

Go down 
+16
Steel Peon
steelcrazy
SteelCity4Life
DesertSteel
SteelerEmpire
pczach
SteelerSpartan
Fire Arians
Atlanta Dan
rellimie
Steelcitian
FanSince72
SteelerFreak58
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
schillah
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FanSince72

FanSince72

Still proud of this team. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats***

Peyton can no longer play and I do not want the 2 week run up to the Super Bowl being excuses for why the old man can really still play despite what you see on the field

If I was captured by an enemy and asked to divulge state secrets, they wouldn't have to torture me.
All they'd have to do is lock me in a room and pipe-in a tape of Nantz and Simms covering a football game and I'd be banging on the door screaming "I'll talk! I'll talk!" while begging them to please make it stop!  Still proud of this team. - Page 2 2913999526

There are two game anchors - one for the AFC and one for the NFC - whose job it is to fellate certain QB's

Nantz does Peyton and Joe Buck does Aaron Rodgers.
Simms gets sloppy seconds (or otherwise blows the refs).

Last edited by FanSince72 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:50 pm

I call bs on the players not mattering when it comes to proving your championship metal...I'd love to see the cheaters without gronkowski in the playoffs.

We are talking about the hightest level of football in the playoffs....not going .500 during the regular season until your stars get back.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:53 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
Ben hasn't been a clutch 3 min QB in several yrs (since the S. Holmes days). So I didn't expect a W on that last drive, and it didn't happen...again.

Agreed - it has been a whole week since he came back in Cincinnati last Saturday night
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:58 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
I call bs on the players not mattering when it comes to proving your championship metal...I'd love to see the cheaters without gronkowski in the playoffs.

We are talking about the hightest level of football in the playoffs....not going .500 during the regular season until your stars get back.

Gronkowski is good and he may be Brady's favorite target right now.
But in the last 14 years under Brady/Belichick, the Pats* have had winning seasons every year, they've been to 6 SB's and won 4 of them and they're about to play in their fifth-straight AFCC game.

Sorry, but that takes more than just one good Tight End to accomplish.

You can love them or hate them but THEY are a what a championship team looks like.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 8:59 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats****

Peyton can no longer play and I do not want the 2 week run up to the Super Bowl being excuses for why the old man can really still play despite what you see on the field

If I was captured by an enemy and asked to divulge state secrets, they wouldn't have to torture me.
All they'd have to do is lock me in a room and pipe-in a tape of Nantz and Simms covering a football game and I'd be banging on the door screaming "I'll talk! I'll talk!" while begging them to please make it stop!  Still proud of this team. - Page 2 2913999526

There are two game anchors - one for the AFC and one for the NFC - whose job it is to fellate certain QB's

Still proud of this team. - Page 2 Ballwasher3

Still proud of this team. - Page 2 9bafede7d7f48870e89324f525490449a9804cafebf556d0e1e38c27d439eadb

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Proud of this team???..hell yes..in fact this playoff loss hurts a lot less than others..sucks coming so close but this team has fought through sooo much adversity that I cant be anything but proud..well anything less than a Superbowl will always be disappointing I am excited about the next couple years...now if it's 2018 and we don't get that 7th??..then I'll be disappointed...anyways love them Stillers!!!

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:06 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
Proud of this team???..hell yes..in fact this playoff loss hurts a lot less than others..sucks coming so close but this team has fought through sooo much adversity that I cant be anything but proud..well anything less than a Superbowl will always be disappointing I am excited about the next couple years...now if it's 2018 and we don't get that 7th??..then I'll be disappointed...anyways love them Stillers!!!

I'm with you all the way, brutha! Still proud of this team. - Page 2 184121345

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
SteelerEmpire wrote:
Ben hasn't been a clutch 3 min QB in several yrs (since the S. Holmes days). So I didn't expect a W on that last drive, and it didn't happen...again.

Agreed - it has been a whole week since he came back in Cincinnati last Saturday night

Fans can be exasperating to listen to.

His starting left tackle was out. His starting center was out. His starting running back was out. His backup running back was out. His #1 receiver was out.........and he was playing while badly hurt.

Playing with an AC sprain and ligament damage in his shoulder, he comes out and plays mistake free football all game. They dropped a bunch of passes and the special teams had them in horrible field position and long fields all game. Add to that the stupid penalties that took them out of scoring range and the fumble.....What the hell do people expect or want from the guy. On the last drive, he moved them a bit, but on the fourth down play, there was literally nobody open. There was nowhere to throw the ball. He didn't choke. He did everything he possibly could with receivers that really weren't prepared or experienced enough to be #1 receivers.

I think Ben gave them a chance to win the game today. He did his job, and frankly did more than just about any other quarterback would have been able to do in the same situation he was in.

He played great today.

What more does this man have to do for some of these people? Unbelievable.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:14 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats****

I actually like Jim Nantz...when he's calling the Masters..."Hello friends..."

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:55 pm

The team gave as much as they could during this playoff run, and that's all I could ask for. The regular season may not have been pretty, but we stayed classy despite the ugly wins and losses. Near the end, even though the odds were against us, we almost pulled it out. But most of all, I thank God that our season didn't end in that shit show last week. Fuck those guys.

Last edited by Steel Peon on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:00 pm

steelcrazy wrote:

After the Bengals game Bill Simmons did a podcast where he described Nantz during the 4th quarter of that game as being in "Bizarro Butler Cabin"

Rather than easy going chats with Billy Payne and green jackets and "a tradition unlike any other" Nantz was totally horrified by that game going off the rails by late in the third quarter - Simmons was laughing and imagining Nantz going to his producers to demand he only announce golf, tennis, and women's basketball in the future
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:09 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats******

But he has to give you everyone's life story.

When the Masters winner is walking up eighteen, instead of shutting the mic off and letting the player have his moment, Nantz starts reading his bio:

"Yes his father always wanted him to be a professional golfer.  From the day he was just five-years-old and his father stapled a wooden roof shingle to a cut-down broom handle and his son putted a whiffle ball across the kitchen floor and into the cat dish, he knew that his son was destined to be a golfer..."

And on, and on, and on...

Meanwhile, the crowd is cheering and the player is soaking it all in and smiling but all WE hear is Nantz running at the mouth at a time when no one really gives a shit.

The man simply has no "Off" button.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:19 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats*******

hahaha..ok put it that way who can argue...thinking about starting a Chris Collinsworth vs Jim Nantz thread

But he has to give you everyone's life story.

When the Masters winner is walking up eighteen, instead of shutting the mic off and letting the player have his moment, Nantz starts reading his bio:

"Yes his father always wanted him to be a professional golfer.  From the day he was just five-years-old and his father stapled a wooden roof shingle to a cut-down broom handle and his son putted a whiffle ball across the kitchen floor and into the cat dish, he knew that his son was destined to be a golfer..."

And on, and on, and on...

Meanwhile, the crowd is cheering and the player is soaking it all in and smiling but all WE hear is Nantz running at the mouth at a time when no one really gives a shit.

The man simply has no "Off" button.

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:21 pm

sorry..meant to post thinking about starting a Chris Collinsworth vs Jim Nantz thread

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:27 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
sorry..meant to post thinking about starting a Chris Collinsworth vs Jim Nantz thread

Just what I was thinking. Might as well bring Collinsworth into the discussion of annoying football announcers.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Still proud of this team. - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
A lot of people thought this team would be 8-8. I have to give the team credit. I'm excited about next year. It just wasn't in the cards. How many teams have played a road playoff game down to the wire without their starting RB, WR, LT, and C and their QB not at 100%?

the defense impressed me to day, imo the secondary played really good which makes me look forward to next year but they're missing a big athletic CB with length to man up with opposing teams best WRs. imo the other DBs are good role players still missing a OLB who can get the corner and slap the ball out of the QB hands on pass plays like Harrison used to do, maybe that is Dupree in the future?

don't think you can replace Troy P. if the Steelers could get that big athletic CB and move Gay back inside he could be the INT. game changer this defense needs. a younger faster Safety to go with Mitchell would be great.

I like Butler's defense he's just a couple of player away from having a dominant defense we or I like.

Sammy Coates I liked this pick and he is showing to be the big fast WR I thought he could be and be competition for Bryant. with all the injuries the offense had this year and the way they played to day I think the future is bright for the Steelers.

even though Toussaint fumbled and you could say lost the game I still like him, he has good vision was picking up blitzers showed good hands as a receiver out of the backfield against the Bengals.

Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:38 pm

steelcrazy wrote:

I'll take Collinsworth ANY day over just about anyone else.

In fact I've said many times that I think Collinsworth and Michaels are the best coverage guys because they actually sound like two friends sitting down to watch a football game together.

They don't constantly parrot statistics and fill the air with useless information -- they have a conversation and that's so refreshing.

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 10:51 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

I'll take Collinsworth ANY day over just about anyone else.

In fact I've said many times that I think Collinsworth and Michaels are the best coverage guys because they actually sound like two friends sitting down to watch a football game together.

They don't constantly parrot statistics and fill the air with useless information -- they have a conversation and that's so refreshing.
I always thought Michaels had a terrific PBP voice. I like the way you describe it. Two friends watching a game. They're the best in the biz right now. I know Collinsworth is a little bit of a Bengals homer but I think he's more willing to be complimentary our way too.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 1:35 am

Phil Simms to me is what makes the Nantz/Simms duo annoying to me. But I think it's because I hear the same soundbites from Madden video games in my head of him saying highly generalized and vague statements that when I watch a game with Nantz and Simms commentating I automatically get annoyed. Something about Simms though.

Not worse than Dan Fouts though.

Btw wow it did not take SX long to start talking about the most trivial things ever now that Steelers football is done for the year.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 2:36 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
I actually am as tired of Nantz and Simms explaining away how nothing is Peyton's fault (it's the wind, it's the drops, it's wily Peyton being conservative) as I am of the Pats**

Agreed. Also Simms hates us for some reason. Every game of ours he calls just listen to his brain dead comments. There's a pass interference no-call that should have gone our way and he says crap like "glad to see they're letting them play" " good no call" but when we get a borderline call he says that it was the right call because the penalty was obvious. The only thing obvious is that he is a moron!
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:33 am

I was on a airplane watching on ESPN game tracker when our backup RB fumbled that ball, he was on his way to a 1st down inside the broncos 30, on our way to a victory. FAAACCCKKK!!! Still proud of this team. - Page 2 2913999526

Yup, super proud of what these guys did this season. The draft cant come soon enough! Still proud of this team. - Page 2 1401235891

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:10 am

Proud to be a Steeler fan.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 2287965686

Looking to next year....to build on this year.

With the injuries we had....most teams tank.
Kudos to the coaches and players for not giving up on the season.

Going forward, I'm most excited about the rebuilding of our defense.
We have 2 studs in Heyward And Tuitt on the DL.
Add an edge pass rusher and off we go.
Secondary needs help and maybe Golson (along with a draftee or two) will provide some of that.

Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:41 am

Won't surprise me a bit to see the Steelers open as the odd-on favorite to win the Super Bowl in 2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still proud of this team.   Still proud of this team. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Still proud of this team.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2