Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGoats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)

Go down 
+19
ImperialFan
Steel Peon
SteelCity4Life
WVABE
El-Gonzo Jackson
jak341
Rick5895
Fire Arians
schillah
WCSteeler
Atlanta Dan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
Stryker
lotas
Shalieve5090
British Steel
FanSince72
DesertSteel
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:32 pm

lotas wrote:
I'm not giving a goat to anyone man, we played great. We defied all odds against us out there today and we played admirably.

Ben played the smartest I've seen him play in awhile. The offensive line did a solid job all game and were just too winded in the last two minutes. The receivers ALL stepped up and did a great job against the best secondary in football. Wheaton struggled in punt return but that's a tough challenge for your first time, Mile High in the Divisional Playoffs? I don't fault him, and thanks to Cockrell for his heads up play recovering that muff.

The defense did great and held them to FG's or 3 and outs for 55 minutes. It wasn't until Denver got the game changing momentum from the turnover they were able to march down the field and score. Props to the entire defense, they played great, just couldn't hang on at the end when they were winded, but this season is the genesis of another great Steelers D, and they are going to be downright scary next season.

There is no reason this Steelers team should not win a Lombardi next season.

Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 792589548

Steelers didn't win but I did see a team that actually played the next man up and saw some new team leaders emerge. this isn't your teenage Steelers Team.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:36 pm

effyou515 wrote:
lotas wrote:
I'm not giving a goat to anyone man, we played great. We defied all odds against us out there today and we played admirably.

Ben played the smartest I've seen him play in awhile. The offensive line did a solid job all game and were just too winded in the last two minutes. The receivers ALL stepped up and did a great job against the best secondary in football. Wheaton struggled in punt return but that's a tough challenge for your first time, Mile High in the Divisional Playoffs? I don't fault him, and thanks to Cockrell for his heads up play recovering that muff.

The defense did great and held them to FG's or 3 and outs for 55 minutes. It wasn't until Denver got the game changing momentum from the turnover they were able to march down the field and score. Props to the entire defense, they played great, just couldn't hang on at the end when they were winded, but this season is the genesis of another great Steelers D, and they are going to be downright scary next season.

There is no reason this Steelers team should not win a Lombardi next season.

Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 792589548

Steelers didn't win but I did see a team that actually played the next man up and saw some new team leaders emerge. this isn't your teenage Steelers Team.

Yup the young running backs looked good, so did James and Coates. Offensive line was solid and the defense played pretty consistent in the last few weeks. Shazier is gonna be a beast. Can't wait for next season
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:30 am

DesertSteel wrote:
Rick5895 wrote:
Absolutely NO GOATS in this game.  If you think there are then you are not a true fan.  This team has played tough all season.  The fact that we were controlling the game without the best WR in the game and our 3rd and 4th sting RB and a QB with a severely injured throwing shoulder speaks volumes about the coaching staff and the heart of this team.
Could we have done things a little better yes, but I have never been more proud to be a STEELER fan than I am right now.  The toughness and resilience they showed today and this season makes me beleive the will win the Super Bowl next season.

Sorry but goats blow the game and that's what FT did. I feel bad for him and it's just a game. But yeah, he was the goat and I'm still a true fan Rick.

There were a lot of plays left out there so I will NOT blame 1 guy for being a goat. We likely aren't in this game had Fitz not stepped up against the Bungles. This team played hard and showed up all season long despite injuries. And I know all of us for the most part are TRUE fans, thats my frustration with all the negative crap I read after all games referring to coaches.
It's going to be a long off season!!!!!! Cheers
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 am

Props especially to the D and Ben playing well without his top guys and beat up.

Goat for fitz for the fumble. That was a major momentum shifter. Got to protect the ball in these situations.

I too am proud of the team. They've been battling adversity all season right up until the end. Starting with pouncey and finally with AB and williams, with ben battered all season. They could never get fully healthy.

As a side note: burficits a thug, I wish they would throw high out of the league.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 am

Bryant had a decent game Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 1401235891

Bryant led all players with personal single-game playoff games bests in receptions (9), receiving yards (154) and yards from scrimmage (194). He set a Steelers postseason record for yards from scrimmage in a game with 194 and joined Lynn Swann (161 – Jan. 18, 1976 vs. Dallas) and John Stallworth (156 – Dec. 30, 1978 vs. Denver) as the third Steelers receiver to reach 150 scrimmage yards in a postseason game. His 154 receiving yards were the third most by a Steelers receiver in a playoff game (Swann: 161, Jan. 18, 1976 vs. Dallas and Stallworth: 156, Dec. 30, 1978 vs. Denver). His nine catches tied for the seventh most by a Steelers player in postseason history.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/18/Denver-rookie-catches-Steelers-DBs-out-of-position/stories/201601180089

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 am

Goats: Fitz (weak fumble, looked like the defender back-handed the ball out)
Berry (inconsistent punts way too often)

Game Ball: Ben (as tough as they come)
Martavis (tried to make up for the loss of AB, and did so admirably)
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:11 pm

Gameball:
Boswell
Roethlisberger
O-line
Defense

Goats:
None - the Steelers were in a game they never should have played in with all the injuries they had.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)   Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goats of the AFC Div Game (Sorry... no Gameballs)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2