Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

AFC / NFC Championship Games

Go down 
+18
Stella Nation
effyou515
steelcrazy
Shalieve5090
Steel Peon
Fire Arians
SteelCity4Life
fer69
zcoop
Hawaii 5-0
OX1947
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Atlanta Dan
LambertWardSteel
ImperialFan
Vis
jak341
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zcoop

AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:27 pm

Carolina better not let up like they did last week. Keep the foot on the pedal.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:27 pm

That's the arians we all know

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:28 pm

fer69 wrote:
That's the arians we all know
Palmer too. Remember when there was a debate about him versus Ben, ha!
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Carolina for Superbowl 50!! WIN, WIN

It's too easy to root for a team with no trophies than one that has gotten there and faltered enough times.

Peyton will try for one more season and have 30 interceptions.

AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 1797695198

Twisted Evil

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Carson Palmer should just announce his retirement after the game tonight

It isn't ever going to happen for Vsrdon

Now BA needs a QB - good luck with that
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Just relieved there's no NE in the SB. I'd take Carolina over Denver but I think ti will be a good game. Denver's D really hasn't experienced a QB like Cam before.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:29 pm

AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 12633677_10208195481262723_8853289680039325918_o
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:34 pm

Fire Arians! AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:36 pm

I don't watch P-Word games anymore (for obvious reasons), unless it's also a Steelers game, so I'm pleased by the outcome.

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:14 am

Bowl is gonna be a good one. For once idc which team wins. Gonna be a good game tho. Panthers defense in unreal
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:04 am

in a weird way I'm almost kinda glad we lost last weekend ...only because I don't think this Steelers team would beat panthers..just being honest..and the reason I say that is (for me anyway) the deeper we go in the playoffs the more heartbroken I am after a loss...I still think about SB30 vs cowboys and larry fuckin brown..and still cant get over losing to green bay..I don't know..maybe its just me

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:51 am

steelcrazy wrote:
in a weird way I'm almost kinda glad we lost last weekend ...only because I don't think this Steelers team would beat panthers..just being honest..and the reason I say that is (for me anyway) the deeper we go in the playoffs the more heartbroken I am after a loss...I still think about SB30 vs cowboys and larry fuckin brown..and still cant get over losing to green bay..I don't know..maybe its just me

I don't think anyone will be beating the Panthers. This is their year. It's ridiculous how dominating they've been.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:56 am

steelcrazy wrote:

the Cowboys loss hurt more to me. was it O'donnell or a WR running the wrong route. AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 2625562446
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:06 am

not a Manning fan but I like Wade Phillips defense so I'm going with the Broncos in the Super bowl.

em I aloud to type Super bowl with out permission from the NFL? AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:13 am

Yeah! Fuck you Patriots*!
Now I hope the Panthers will win the superbowl.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:33 am

This Boston writer is not amused
Sorry to say this, but the 2015-16 Patriots* are something of a myth. They are forever the fortunate champs of the hideous AFC East, but they cannot win a road playoff game. They have not won a road playoff game in more than nine years (San Diego, January 2007).

Besting the pathetic Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets annually assures the Pats* a first-round bye and second-round home game every year, but does not prepare them for the noise and disruption of Sports Authority Field in January. The Pats* have simply forgotten how to win in enemy territory.

Link to full column

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/Patriots*-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:26 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Sorry to say this, but the 2015-16 Patriots** are something of a myth. They are forever the fortunate champs of the hideous AFC East, but they cannot win a road playoff game. They have not won a road playoff game in more than nine years (San Diego, January 2007).

Besting the pathetic Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets annually assures the Pats** a first-round bye and second-round home game every year, but does not prepare them for the noise and disruption of Sports Authority Field in January. The Pats** have simply forgotten how to win in enemy territory.

Link to full column

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/Patriots**-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html
Ouch. They've also lost three consecutive conference championships to Choker Manning. For all the talk that Manning is the king of the regular season and Brady is the king of the postseason, Peyton's teams actually have Tom's team number in the postseason. But yeah their schedule softens them in that sense. If they ever had to be a six seed like we were this year and 2005, they'd be one and done. I'm not surprised Denver won at all. Denver's got a terrific defense which is generallya key recipe in beating the Pats*.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:52 am

I always get a little more pleasure watching the Pats* lose in the playoffs when the game is at Foxboro.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:06 am

Cards face the same problem with Carson Palmer at QB  that the Bengals do with Marvin Lewis as their head coach - can you win a championship with him?

After Carson Palmer's meltdown last night (even if his finger was affecting his passes Palmer also made bad decisions such as the INT at the end of the first half), Don Banks at SI says Bruce has a tough decision to make

Can a 36-year-old quarterback bounce back from a showing that bad and continue to be the Cardinals’ franchise passer? I’m not so sure about that. These past two weeks had to rock Arians’s faith in Palmer to some degree, perhaps greatly. It certainly wouldn’t be shocking to see Arizona find itself another starting quarterback option in 2016, at least in terms of competition for Palmer, after seeing how he responded to playoff pressure this year.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/24/snap-judgments-super-bowl-50-broncos-panthers
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Cards face the same problem with Carson Palmer at QB  that the Bengals do with Marvin Lewis as their head coach - can you win a championship with him?

After Carson Palmer's meltdown last night (even if his finger was affecting his passes Palmer also made bad decisions such as the INT at the end of the first half), Don Banks at SI says Bruce has a tough decision to make

Can a 36-year-old quarterback bounce back from a showing that bad and continue to be the Cardinals’ franchise passer? I’m not so sure about that. These past two weeks had to rock Arians’s faith in Palmer to some degree, perhaps greatly. It certainly wouldn’t be shocking to see Arizona find itself another starting quarterback option in 2016, at least in terms of competition for Palmer, after seeing how he responded to playoff pressure this year.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/24/snap-judgments-super-bowl-50-broncos-panthers

Drafting in the 29th spot?  Who could they get to challenge Palmer?

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 am

Vis wrote:

by Atlanta Dan Today at 9:41 am
Ideally you have the #1 pick and draft Peyton or Cam, or at least a top 15 pick to get someone like Ben

But picking a QB is a crapshoot and having a high pick is no guarantee of success (e.g. Ryan Leaf)

And there have been excellent QBs picked later in the first round (Rodgers and Marino) or even later (Russell Wilson in third round/Brady in sixth round)

Arians is in his 60s - if BA wants to win a Super Bowl and does not think he will do it with Palmer (leaving aside the additional problem that Larry Fitzgerald is aging), he may not want to wait until the Cards get a top 10 pick (assuming being that bad does not cost BA his job) to start exploring alternatives to Palmer
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:04 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Vis wrote:

by Atlanta Dan Today at 9:41 am
Ideally you have the #1 pick and draft Peyton or Cam, or at least a top 15 pick to get someone like Ben

But picking a QB is a crapshoot and having a high pick is no guarantee of success (e.g. Ryan Leaf)

And there have been excellent QBs picked later in the first round (Rodgers and Marino) or even later (Russell Wilson in third round/Brady in sixth round)

Arians is in his 60s - if BA wants to win a Super Bowl and does not think he will do it with Palmer (leaving aside the additional problem that Larry Fitzgerald is aging), he may not want to wait until the Cards get a top 10 pick (assuming being that bad does not cost BA his job) to start exploring alternatives to Palmer

But a QB taken at the end of the round doesn't come with the pressure to start. Palmer is still the guy next year.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:30 am

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Sorry to say this, but the 2015-16 Patriots*** are something of a myth. They are forever the fortunate champs of the hideous AFC East, but they cannot win a road playoff game. They have not won a road playoff game in more than nine years (San Diego, January 2007).

Besting the pathetic Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets annually assures the Pats*** a first-round bye and second-round home game every year, but does not prepare them for the noise and disruption of Sports Authority Field in January. The Pats*** have simply forgotten how to win in enemy territory.

Link to full column

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/Patriots***-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html
Ouch. They've also lost three consecutive conference championships to Choker Manning. For all the talk that Manning is the king of the regular season and Brady is the king of the postseason, Peyton's teams actually have Tom's team number in the postseason. But yeah their schedule softens them in that sense. If they ever had to be a six seed like we were this year and 2005, they'd be one and done. I'm not surprised Denver won at all. Denver's got a terrific defense which is generallya key recipe in beating the Pats**.

I honestly think that has more to do with Brady sucking whenever he plays in Denver, more so than Manning outplaying him
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 11:05 am

Fire Arians wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Sorry to say this, but the 2015-16 Patriots**** are something of a myth. They are forever the fortunate champs of the hideous AFC East, but they cannot win a road playoff game. They have not won a road playoff game in more than nine years (San Diego, January 2007).

Besting the pathetic Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, and New York Jets annually assures the Pats**** a first-round bye and second-round home game every year, but does not prepare them for the noise and disruption of Sports Authority Field in January. The Pats**** have simply forgotten how to win in enemy territory.

Link to full column

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/24/Patriots****-come-short-road/M4fzWGccTAbMt3rB1NQ6MP/story.html
Ouch. They've also lost three consecutive conference championships to Choker Manning. For all the talk that Manning is the king of the regular season and Brady is the king of the postseason, Peyton's teams actually have Tom's team number in the postseason. But yeah their schedule softens them in that sense. If they ever had to be a six seed like we were this year and 2005, they'd be one and done. I'm not surprised Denver won at all. Denver's got a terrific defense which is generallya key recipe in beating the Pats***.

I honestly think that has more to do with Brady sucking whenever he plays in Denver, more so than Manning outplaying him
No doubt. Manning did outplay him yesterday though. Here's my two cents on Brady. I think a lot of people ignore that in his early years he had a great defense behind him- Willie McGinhest, Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, were all solid pros. I also think yesterday Wade Phillips put together a great defense. He'll have a challenge though with Newton since Newton and Brady couldn't be two different QBs.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Fire Arians! AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 1797695198

AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 3562723908 That was some entertaining shit to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFC / NFC Championship Games    AFC / NFC Championship Games  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AFC / NFC Championship Games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next