Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWe Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

We Should Consider Trading Bell

Go down 
+28
SteelerEmpire
Wallace108
kirklandrules
HeinzMustard
jak341
EbonySteel86
teegre
DesertSteel
Hawaii 5-0
LambertLunatic
kan_t
El-Gonzo Jackson
SoCalFan
pczach
FrancoLambert
BlackAndGold
lotas
Steelcitian
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
Buddha Bus
harrison'samonster
Atlanta Dan
OX1947
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
steelers5895
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:27 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
How many running backs are out in week 8 and the team they are on still makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game? How many running  backs come back and are exactly the same and  don't miss a step with a second knee surgery?  how often do the steelers pay a big contact to a player they see can be  replaced as he was this year?  was DW as good?  no, were we as good?  yes on offense

hey I get it, I love Bell and love him on the steelers.  BUT, I feel we can be as dynamic with a lesser RB as we shown.  we won with an aging rb and two nobodies.

what we cant do is win with our defense and the window on Ben is closing and if we don't fix the defense now, we wont get 7 for a while with or without Bell.  

Why do you keep saying Bell has had two surgeries? He never had surgery last year as far as I can remember.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Le'Veon Bell's knee rehab includes mixtape rapping

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/17610/leveon-bells-knee-rehab-includes-mixtape-rapping

pczach

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:10 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
How many running backs are out in week 8 and the team they are on still makes the playoffs and wins a playoff game? How many running  backs come back and are exactly the same and  don't miss a step with a second knee surgery?  how often do the steelers pay a big contact to a player they see can be  replaced as he was this year?  was DW as good?  no, were we as good?  yes on offense

hey I get it, I love Bell and love him on the steelers.  BUT, I feel we can be as dynamic with a lesser RB as we shown.  we won with an aging rb and two nobodies.

what we cant do is win with our defense and the window on Ben is closing and if we don't fix the defense now, we wont get 7 for a while with or without Bell.  

He hasn't had two knee surgeries. He hyperextended his knee and had a bruise at the end of last year. He didn't have reconstructive knee surgery. Please stop saying that.

They were still good with DeAngelo Williams, but they weren't as good as they are with Bell.

DW will be 33 years old next season. He may not be the same back next year either.

You say Todman and Toussaint did just fine. That's with the element of surprise and defenses focused on the passing game. When they play for an extended period of time, they will show everyone what they really are......third and fourth string running backs.

What makes you think that DW will be healthy and reliable as a full-time running back next year? What makes you think Todman and Toussaint will hold up and be available for all 16 games? What track record or body of work do you have on them to believe that?

I understand that in the football world you never say never. If a team decided to pull a Mike Ditka and give up an entire draft class for Bell, you would have to think about that and possibly accept it. But in all likelihood, that's not going to happen.

Also, there is no sure thing in the draft. There is no guarantee that you can replace Bell no matter where you draft a running back. He is special.

If you trade for a player or players, who would you think would be a solid value for Bell's talent? What would you accept for him in draft picks?

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:18 pm

I my self would take Eddy lacy and all of greenbays draft picks We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1797695198

pczach

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:25 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I my self would take Eddy lacy and all of greenbays draft picks We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1797695198

I have to admit....Steelers fans tend to love 300 lb running backs.

We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1797695198

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Bell will hoist the S.B. 51 trophy and slip on that massive ring and you will, yea realize how fukin dumb a thought that was...

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Trade Bell, release Timmons, cut Pouncey. That should make this team better. We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1072540953 We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

You don't trade a 23 years old All-Pro back just because the offense is great. You keep him and make the offense even greater.
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:36 pm

D Williams played great while replacing Bell, but he has a history of injuries also. As I recall, when we signed him there was concern on these boards if he could stay healthy throughout Bell's suspension. Although he did stay healthy until week 17, do we really want to rely on him for another full season? That would be tempting fate.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Mike: Do they pay Bell next year? Last 4 teams standing didnt have a 1000 yard rusher.

Ed Bouchette: I think they will make him an offer this year, but he and his agents do not necessarily have to take it. It won't be a break-bank offer if they do.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/26/Ed-Bouchette-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-1-26-16/stories/201601260182
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:42 pm

I say we trade him for JJ Watt.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 11:56 pm

DesertSteel wrote:

Then we offer Watt veteran minimum. We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Then we offer Watt veteran minimum. We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1401235891

Play him when Stephon Tuitt gets tired.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 am

DesertSteel wrote:

think he would be able to beat out Cam Thomas? We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

think he would be able to beat out Cam Thomas? We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1797695198

That's silly. JJ Watt isn't even a safety! We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 294855916

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 7:50 am

Okay. I'll play along.

The Titans offer the #1 overall. We trade Bell. Then, a team wanting to leapfrog the Browns (in order to get Jared Goff) offers a trade...

If it's the Cowboys, great, because Jalen Ramsey would still be there at 4. The Steelers get Ramsey at 4, and Su'a Cravens at 25. They add Kenny Clark with Dallas' R2 pick, and with their own R2 pick... et cetera.

If it's the Niners, eh, because because Jalen Ramsey would not be there at 7. The Steelers get Vernon Hargreaves at 7, and Su'a Cravens at 25. They add Kenny Clark with San Fran's R2 pick, and with their own R2 pick... et cetera. In order to equal the Dallas trade, the Steelers also get Eric Reid.

If it's the Bears, Saints, or Eagles... they'd have to offer next year's #1, as well.

Now... if it's the Rams, I might be interested. The Steelers would get the #15 pick, plus a R1 next year, and also Aaron Donald (who wants out of LA). 15 and 25 could be used on secondary, and Donald provides a D-line in the entire NFL: Donald, Heyward, and Tuitt.

SUMMATION:
No.

Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Play him when Stephon Tuitt gets tired.
We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 3562723908 spit out my coffee on this one!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:27 am

Is this thread really still going? Alrighty....

Should we keep Bell: absolutely. As teegre says, unless the offer is that good that we could restock multiple positions with impact (or better players), Bell is here to stay.

Can we keep Bell: remains to be seen. It's going to be hard to keep Brown (who is going to have a boatload of money coming his way), Ben (typical top 5 QB contract), Bell (who is also going to have a decent sum of money coming his way), and Bryant (who, if develops further, will have a good sum coming to him as well).

Too many superstars, and not enough money to go around. Someone is going to be a cost savings. The question is who?
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 am

Hell no.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Trade Bell, release Timmons, cut Pouncey, move Shazier to safety, bring back Troy, fire Haley and Tomlin, and bring back Mean Joe Greene who should have been our head coach instead of that mistake called Cowher.  That should make this team better.  We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1072540953 We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1505004552

Fixed it for ya
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:16 pm

I here what you are all saying, I totally get it, totally do as like I said, I love Bell and know we are better WHEN HE IS PLAYING.

BUT, all I keep reading is the Steelers aren't sure if they will pony up the kind of money he will want based on what all you guys are saying on why not to trade him.

For once, I would LOVE to see the Steelers get something for a guy they don't re-sign. oh and keep in mind how many of you on the other board were up in arms about letting Mike Wallace go and how our offense needs him and why did we pay Brown over him. how that work?

with this offense they can have anyone at running back. which we had. we re-juvinated DW career and had a guy none of us heard of have production in the playoffs

my opinion, we don't trade him because no one will trade for him.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 2:23 pm

steelers5895 wrote:
I here what you are all saying, I totally get it, totally do as like I said, I love Bell and know we are better WHEN HE IS PLAYING.

BUT, all I keep reading is the Steelers aren't sure if they will pony up the kind of money he will want based on what all you guys are saying on why not to trade him.

For once, I would LOVE to see the Steelers get something for a guy they don't re-sign.  oh and keep in mind how many of you on the other board were up in arms about letting Mike Wallace go and how our offense needs him and why did we pay Brown over him.  how that work?  

with this offense they can have anyone at running back.  which we had.  we re-juvinated DW career and had a guy none of us heard of have production in the playoffs

my opinion, we don't trade him because no one will trade for him. I don't know what I'm talking about ever but I will continue to pretend that I do so I can gain fame on the internet

Fixed for accuracy

/thread

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:34 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Trade Bell, release Timmons, cut Pouncey, move Shazier to safety, bring back Troy, fire Haley and Tomlin, and bring back Mean Joe Greene who should have been our head coach instead of that mistake called Cowher.  That should make this team better.  We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1072540953 We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1505004552

Fixed it for ya

We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1401235891 I was drinking my coffee and after reading this.... We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1549491426

Thanks for fixing it. We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 1647293567
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 8:58 am

Q: How many Steelers fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: One to screw in the bulb, and 5895 to trade Le'Veon Bell.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 9:00 am

Anyone else remember that awesome thread?

I wish that I had somehow archived all of those jokes. It was seriously the best thread ever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Should Consider Trading Bell   We Should Consider Trading Bell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We Should Consider Trading Bell
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next