Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThank you Le'Veon Bell Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Thank you Le'Veon Bell

Go down 
+8
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
Lokki
Mach1
Great Randino
effyou515
solardave
Stella Nation
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Thank you Le'Veon Bell Empty
PostSubject: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:42 am

Since there's so much hate going on about him, I thought it was a good idea to start a Le'Veon Bell thank you topic Thank you Le'Veon Bell 1797695198 There are a couple of good reasons to do this:

1. Thank you for having some good years with us at a cheap price during your first 4 seasons.
2. Thank you for not signing a longterm deal last year and this year which would have cost us too much money.
3. Thank you for sitting out the first half of the season this year so we had the chance to watch how good a RB James Conner really is and how great a guy he is in general.
4. Thank you for sitting out the first half of the season this year so we could save $855000 a week you didn't show up. It really has helped our cap space so we can upgrade our defense next season.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Since there's so much hate going on about him, I thought it was a good idea to start a Le'Veon Bell thank you topic Thank you Le'Veon Bell 1797695198 There are a couple of good reasons to do this:

1. Thank you for having some good years with us at a cheap price during your first 4 seasons.
2. Thank you for not signing a longterm deal last year and this year which would have cost us too much money.
3. Thank you for sitting out the first half of the season this year so we had the chance to watch how good a RB James Conner really is and how great a guy he is in general.
4. Thank you for sitting out the first half of the season this year so we could save $855000 a week you didn't show up. It really has helped our cap space so we can upgrade our defense next season.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You make a lot of sense. I was looking at the situation as if he were trying to screw the team. You gave us a different prospective. Although I do think in his mind part of his reasoning is childish and he wants to hurt the FO but in reality he's only hurting himself.

He saved us money while interviewing Connor for the starting position. We had 4 years of service for peanuts.

If he was only willing to meet in the middle I believe this situation could have worked out great for all. We still would have seen Connor giving him a break and would have seen his potential. We would have known if Bell got hurt and missed time Connor could carry the load.

So in reality all Bell has done is bite off his nose to spite his face.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 2:30 pm

LeVeon Bell thank you for being you, thank you for letting the Steelers get back to a power running game.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I wouldn't be surprised, at this point, if he doesn't hold out a few more weeks - sign just in time to avoid being in the same boat next year. After all, he has absolutely no interest in helping the Steelers win.

He is as far away from a team players as you can get. Who in their right mind would want to sign him at this point?
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for showing the world that the Steelers do not revolve around you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Thank you for eventually coming back and being insurance in case, God forbid, Conner were to get injured. :)
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 am

Thank you LeVeon Bell

https://www.steelers.com/news/conner-s-strong-performance-recognized
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:01 pm

Steelers front office,

Le'Veon Bell,

Thank you for the money you saved the team this season.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm

solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :
Conner was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in a 33-18 win over the Cleveland Browns.

You know, this couldn't be going any worse for Bell. He thinks he is the world at RB and the guy coming into replace him is showing very much the same type performances. At this point it probably be best he does stay away rather than risk coming back and being a back up. It wouldn't look good trying to get the money he wants after finishing this year as back up.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :
Conner was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in a 33-18 win over the Cleveland Browns.

You know, this couldn't be going any worse for Bell. He thinks he is the world at RB and the guy coming into replace him  is showing very much the same type performances. At this point it probably be best he does stay away rather than risk coming back and being a back up. It wouldn't look good trying to get the money he wants after finishing this year as back up.

You're right. In fact Connor is out performing Bell's best so far. This should be a lesson in humility for him but I'm guessing it's not.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 1:42 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :

You know, this couldn't be going any worse for Bell. He thinks he is the world at RB and the guy coming into replace him  is showing very much the same type performances. At this point it probably be best he does stay away rather than risk coming back and being a back up. It wouldn't look good trying to get the money he wants after finishing this year as back up.

now if the Steelers front office could get both Bell and Conner under contract for 8 something million a piece, Bell plays the 1st half then after defenses get tired chasing Bell around then Conner comes in in the 2nd half to hammer on that tired defense. that's what I would call a running game.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 4:02 pm

solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :

You're right. In fact Connor is out performing Bell's best so far. This should be a lesson in humility for him but I'm guessing it's not.

It may not sink into Bell, but you gotta think that any team considering signing Bell to the money he wants next year will pause for a moment and think. Conner right now at ESPN is projected these numbers: 1369 yds rushing, 71 receptions for 738 yds, 21 TDs. All those numbers surpass Bell's last year except the receptions. Bell had 23 total TDs receiving and rushing the last 3 seasons combined.

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:06 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :

It may not sink into Bell, but you gotta think that any team considering signing Bell to the money he wants next year will pause for a moment and think.  Conner right now at ESPN is projected these numbers: 1369 yds rushing, 71 receptions for 738 yds, 21 TDs. All those numbers surpass Bell's last year except the receptions. Bell had 23 total TDs receiving and rushing the last 3 seasons combined.

Or Conner just pounds on them for four straight quarters.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 5:27 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
Thank you LeVeon Bell

Quote :

It may not sink into Bell, but you gotta think that any team considering signing Bell to the money he wants next year will pause for a moment and think.  Conner right now at ESPN is projected these numbers: 1369 yds rushing, 71 receptions for 738 yds, 21 TDs. All those numbers surpass Bell's last year except the receptions. Bell had 23 total TDs receiving and rushing the last 3 seasons combined.

Or Conner just pounds on them for four straight quarters.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bell has never been a punishing runner. He has power but not like Connor.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:48 am

people have pointed out how connors performance may give teams pause to give bell big money because  it could be the system. well what if next year connor holds out  for $15 million a year ? Thank you Le'Veon Bell 1797695198

i have always said when a team has a good running game, 70% of the credit should go to the Oline.  unless your name is barry sanders
look at teams like alabama , who has seemingly a new 1st round pick running back almost every year , but they aren't super stars in the NFL.  look back at the denver broncos in the 90's. they lose terrel davis , and they don't miss a beat when plugging anderson in.
hell look at the 70's steelers when franco and rocky both went over a thousand.

i've been hearing the phrase's pay the player vs pay the position. well as far as i'm concerned its pay the player on the line, and pay the position at running back, which is no where near $15 million.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
people have pointed out how connors performance may give teams pause to give bell big money because  it could be the system. well what if next year connor holds out  for $15 million a year ? Thank you Le'Veon Bell 1797695198

Thank you Le'Veon Bell 2829330259 it'll be ok, Steelers will be drafting Conner's replacement in the 2nd or 3rd in 2019 draft. Thank you Le'Veon Bell 2893009358 Thank you Le'Veon Bell 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i have always said when a team has a good running game, 70% of the credit should go to the Oline.  unless your name is barry sanders
look at teams like alabama , who has  seemingly a new 1st round pick running back almost every year , but they aren't super stars in the NFL.  look back at the denver broncos in the 90's. they lose terrel davis , and they don't miss a beat when plugging anderson in.

i've been hearing the phrase's pay the player vs pay the position. well as far as i'm concerned its pay the player on the line, and pay the position at running back, which is no where near $15 million.

I agree the credit goes to the line but in this case the unsung hero is Munchak. Ben was sacked like a billion times until he got here. I personally can't wait to see Bell in a new uniform where he won't be considered the best in the game. I'm not saying Bell isn't a really good RB but take away his line and we'll just have to see if he lives up to the title. Correct me if I'm wrong but with Fieler in we've been pulling more which actually fits Connor's style better.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 pm

So what everyone has been saying as of late, is...

Thank you Bell for pointing out the Steelers have one of the best offensive line in the NFL and you're about to find out what it means to have a sucky one in front of you

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Thank you Le'Veon Bell 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

look at teams like alabama , who has  seemingly a new 1st round pick running back almost every year , but they aren't super stars in the NFL.  look back at the denver broncos in the 90's. they lose terrel davis , and they don't miss a beat when plugging anderson in.

I agree the credit goes to the line but in this case the unsung hero is Munchak. Ben was sacked like a billion times until he got here. I personally can't wait to see Bell in a new uniform where he won't be considered the best in the game. I'm not saying Bell isn't a really good RB but take away his line and we'll just have to see if he lives up to the title. Correct me if I'm wrong but with Fieler in we've been pulling more which actually fits Connor's style better.

Munchak and Haley both did a lot to help extend Ben's career. I'm not the biggest fan of Todd Haley, he's abrasive and seems to not be able to get along with players and coaches wherever he goes but he does deserve some credit for Ben's getting sacked less. Yes Munchak's coaching has made a huge difference, but Haley installed and offense where Ben was getting the ball out of his hands quicker, and there was less of the backyard-playground type stuff that we saw with Bruce Arians' offense. That definitely helped Ben extend his career. Less holding onto the ball and taking vicious hits, and more getting the ball out of his hands and moving the offense down the field methodically.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 6:00 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Munchak and Haley both did a lot to help extend Ben's career. I'm not the biggest fan of Todd Haley, he's abrasive and seems to not be able to get along with players and coaches wherever he goes but he does deserve some credit for Ben's getting sacked less. Yes Munchak's coaching has made a huge difference, but Haley installed and offense where Ben was getting the ball out of his hands quicker, and there was less of the backyard-playground type stuff that we saw with Bruce Arians' offense. That definitely helped Ben extend his career. Less holding onto the ball and taking vicious hits, and more getting the ball out of his hands and moving the offense down the field methodically.

Thank you Le'Veon Bell 3067078418  I agree with what is written up there.

I don't think Munchak and Haley really got a long, what I'm seeing now is the way the o-line is playing in the offense so this Munchak and Fichtner combo might be something to watch.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm

https://www.12up.com/posts/6214510-steelers-should-root-for-le-veon-bell-to-surrender-the-2018-season/partners/40920

Quote :
Steelers Should Root For Le'Veon Bell to Surrender the 2018 Season

Quote :
If he chooses not to by Nov. 13, then Bell will be ineligible to play for the rest of 2018, in which case the Steelers could hit him with a transition tag this offseason and begin another drawn-out process at the expense of everyone watching.

Yes, Le'Veon Bell, we are rooting for you!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Steelers' James Conner racks up big numbers against Ravens

Quote :
BALTIMORE -- James Conner followed up AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors by running wild on the Ravens with 163 total yards, including 107 rushing, on 31 touches in the Pittsburgh Steelers' 23-16 win Sunday.

Conner has gotten the ball 108 times for 689 yards over the past four games, prompting a reporter to ask what he thinks about a similar workload over the final eight games.

"I'm built for this," said Conner matter-of-factly.

The Steelers are keeping the good tailback times flowing without Le'Veon Bell, who is refusing to sign his $14.5 million franchise tender to preserve his body for a future contract.

Conner is the first player in league history to produce four games of 100-plus rushing yards, 50-plus receiving yards and a touchdown in a single season, according to NFL stats.

Conner is on pace for 2,170 yards over 16 games, just short of Bell's best full-season performance of 2,215 yards in 2014. In 2016, Bell paced for a historic 2,512 yards but played 12 games.

Teammates have been effusive in praise of Conner throughout the season, with left tackle Alejandro Villanueva saying after the game, "He's showing that no challenge is too big for him."

As Conner continues to perform, players have grown tired of questions regarding Bell's absence.

"Honestly, no one cares anymore," guard David DeCastro said in the locker room after the game. "Why would I? I don't want to waste the energy. I have to block some of the best players on the best defense in the world. Do you think I'm going to worry about a guy who's not here? Like I've said before, I love Le'Veon. There's great memories with him. But it would do an injustice to this game worrying about someone else when I'm on the field. I'm just trying to give my best effort for the rest of the people on the field with me."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25179755/pittsburgh-steelers-rb-james-conner-racks-big-numbers-again-ravens

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 pm

It's going to be interesting if/when Bell comes back to sign his offer sheet.

Can he let spoken words be water under the bridge?
Can the current roster forgive him and welcome him to the locker room?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:02 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
It's going to be interesting if/when Bell comes back to sign his offer sheet.

Can he let spoken words be water under the bridge?
Can the current roster forgive him and welcome him to the locker room?

and...

can he beat out Samuels to be Conner's backup?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell EmptyMon Nov 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Somebody wrote that he doesn't have to report by next week's deadline in order to become a free agent, because he's already put in 4 years. Do you guys know anything about this? I've heard, for all season now, that if he didn't sign by the 10th week, he would be in the same situation next year and still not be a free agent.

Regardless, the Steelers could also transition tag him this offseason, regardless of him signing. Personally, I think we trade him the first chance we are legally aloud to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thank you Le'Veon Bell   Thank you Le'Veon Bell Empty

Back to top Go down

Thank you Le'Veon Bell
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next