Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal

Go down 
+3
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
BlackAndGold
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal Empty
PostSubject: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:32 am

‎@JasonLaCanfora
Steelers finalizing a deal for offensive lineman Ramon Foster. Keeping him was a priority for them. PIT quietly getting work done

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/707359635519479810

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:33 am

And btw,

@gerrydulac
Steelers think they might be able to get LT Kelvin Beachum back on a one-year deal.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/707396537652002817

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 2:40 am

If the FO are able to get both Foster and Beachum back, Colbert and Tomlin deserve a lot of praise.

The o-line would be very deep. Which would make Ben very happy (Munchak too)

depth at each position.
OT: Beachum, AV, Gilbert, Adams
G: DD, Foster, Hubbard, Finney(also can play center)
C: Pouncey, Wallace

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:43 am

BlackAndGold wrote:
If the FO are able to get both Foster and Beachum back, Colbert and Tomlin deserve a lot of praise.

depth at each position.

The would likely only keep 9 O linemen on the roster and while this would then be the final contract years for OT's Beachum, AV, Adams.....still a good thing being able to keep that unit together.

Personally I still see Beach leaving, unless he isn't back medically yet and teams are leery. With Pouncey, Gilbert, DeCastro contracts being somewhat large, you cant invest your whole salary cap in 5 O linemen, Ben, Brown, Bell and hope to have anything left for a decent defense.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 am

Three year deal for Foster

This morning, guard Ramon Foster and the Steelers announced that he had come to terms on a new three-year contract, confirming a Post-Gazette report Tuesday night that the sides were finalizing a new deal, the third with the Steelers for the onetime undrafted rookie tackle from Tennessee.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/03/09/Starting-guard-Ramon-Foster-announces-his-return-to-Steelers-with-new-deal-pittsburgh/stories/201603090164

Given a choice between signing Beachum or McClendon with whatever $$$ are left for signing current Steelers eligible for FA I would prefer McClendon be brought back
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 am

Beach comes back if its a financially smart deal for the Steelers. He basically would be a back up so we cant spend top or even mid level LT money on him to back up when we can draft a tackle or sign one who can play G and T.

Now, if he is willing to be a swing OL guy then his value increases.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 12:15 pm

i hope this guy finishes his career as a steeler, tbh he's been one of the unsung heroes over the years. very underrated player.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
i hope this guy finishes his career as a steeler, tbh he's been one of the unsung heroes over the years. very underrated player.

I think he finally hit his peak. Earlier in his career I thought he was the weak link in the o-line. But his play got stronger over the last 2 seasons and was definitely solid last season.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:37 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
BlackAndGold wrote:

depth at each position.

The would likely only keep 9 O linemen on the roster and while this would then be the final contract years for OT's Beachum, AV, Adams.....still a good thing being able to keep that unit together.  

Personally I still see Beach leaving, unless he isn't back medically yet and teams are leery.  With Pouncey, Gilbert, DeCastro contracts being somewhat large, you cant invest your whole salary cap in 5 O linemen, Ben, Brown, Bell and hope to have anything left for a decent defense.

I almost see Beachum coming back on a 1 year deal. I can't imagine he'll clear a medical for most of the FA busy season. So he'll be sidelined while other players move around and teams solidify their tackle positions. His only hope is that a team loses their stud LT during training camp and he's still sitting around. But I'm hoping he decides to sign with the Steelers prior to that point out of desperation. I like a 1 year deal as he'll be highly motivated and yet it shouldn't cost the Steelers much.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Steelers re-sign G Ramon Foster (3 years, $9.6M; $2.75M guaranteed): A Grade

Pittsburgh usually doesn't do very much in free agency, which is a good thing, as the incompetent teams tend to overspend on the open market. However, the Steelers seem to make it count whenever they do something, like signing Ladarius Green. Here, they managed to keep their top free agent at an unbelievable price.

I can't believe Pittsburgh was able to re-sign Ramon Foster to a deal worth slightly more than $3 million per season. Foster was the sixth-ranked guard on my list, and the player slotted right ahead of him, Richie Incognito, received about $15 million over three years. I graded that as a B+ for the Bills, so this is an easy "A" for Pittsburgh. Foster, who was terrific last season, should continue to play well, as he's only 30.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#OUfzHFPEDO06D8C3.99
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal   Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers, Ramon Foster closing in on a deal
Page 1 of 1