Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMartavis Bryant facing season long suspension  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension

Go down 
+40
JPPT1974
Wallace108
SteelersNorth
kirklandrules
Bays
Stella Nation
harrison'samonster
SoCalFan
marvology
solardave
pczach
SteelCity4Life
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelers5895
vasteeler
Rhyno
PhantomJB93
SteelerSpartan
effyou515
FrancoLambert
OX1947
schillah
rellimie
SteelerEmpire
IowaSteeler927
jak341
DesertSteel
Steeler-in-west
FanSince72
Fire Arians
SteelerFreak58
Steellamb86
WCSteeler
Atlanta Dan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
LambertWardSteel
fer69
kan_t
BlackAndGold
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  Empty
PostSubject: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:49 pm

@DKPghSports
BREAKING by @Dejan_Kovacevic: EXCLUSIVE: Martavis Bryant facing full-season suspension

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/708719937137852416

PostSubject: Martavis Bryant facing full-season suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:49 pm

According to Dejan Kovacevic, Martavis Bryant would face a full-season suspension.....

https://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/708719937137852416

I'm speechless.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:50 pm

You've gotta be fucking kidding me Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  1505004552

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:51 pm

So much talent to waste. Unbelievable.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:54 pm

He won't be a Steeler for long, I 100% expect he'll be cut or traded.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:55 pm

What? Wtf?
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:57 pm

‏@EdBouchette
Steelers WR Martavis Bryant faces yr. suspension for violating substance abuse policy again, agent confirms to PG. @DKPghSports 1st reported

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/708726198159937536

@EdBouchette
Agent tells Post-Gazette Steelers WR Martavis Bryant has appealed NFL's intention to suspend him for one year.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/708726381564272640

Last edited by kan_t on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Wickerham_Steelers_Colts_12 06 2015_1191
Martavis Bryant had 50 catches for 576 yards and six touchdowns last season. -- JARED WICKERHAM / DKPS

Exclusive: Martavis facing full-season suspension
BylinesDouble
Martavis Bryant, the Steelers’ talented but troubled wide receiver, is facing a full-season NFL suspension in 2016 for again violating the league’s substance abuse policy, two sources confirmed to DKPittsburghSports.com this morning and a third this afternoon.

If the suspension goes through, it would be a shocking, seismic blow to a contending team that’s set a seventh Super Bowl as its goal for next season.

“Per team policy, we’ll have no comment until there’s an announcement from the NFL,” Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said this afternoon.

The NFL rarely announces suspensions or fines.

Tom Santanello, Bryant’s agent, confirmed the suspension, but declined to comment.

There’s no word on when the failed tests occurred. One of the sources said he believes it was during these past playoffs, but that’s not confirmed.

Bryant, 24, was suspended by the NFL for four games for multiple violations involving marijuana usage. He underwent three weeks of counseling in Houston, rejoined the Steelers in midseason, apologized to his teammates in the locker room in what by all accounts was an emotional session and returned to action.

Bryant could appeal this suspension, but the league policy calls for a full season as the next level for a second suspension.

In 11 games this past season, Bryant had 50 catches for 576 yards and six touchdowns.

Much more to come.

BEAT WRITER JASON MACKEY CONTRIBUTED TO THIS REPORT.

http://dkpittsburghsports.com

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Now the signing of a pass catch TE like Green makes even more sense... and it's a blessing that we have Coates to step in.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Talented but man he's an idiot. I hate the rule too but he needs to know better.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:06 pm

kan_t wrote:
Now the signing of a pass catch TE like Green makes even more sense... and it's a blessing that we have Coates to step in.

Yeah, Assuming they already knew this Green makes even more sense now. You have to figure Bryant is gone now. Coats looked good in the playoffs, hopefully we build another star WR out of him.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:06 pm

So he failed a test that triggered the 10 game suspension after a 4 game suspension then failed another test that blew him past the 10 game suspension to a full season suspension

So much for us throwing rocks at Johnny Football for being out of control

My bet is the Steelers keep him since I think he now is not a free agent until after 2018
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:08 pm

Mods - merge the 2 threads on Bryant committing career suicide?
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:11 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
So he failed a test that triggered the 10 game suspension after a 4 game suspension then failed another test that blew him past the 10 game suspension to a full season suspension

So much for us throwing rocks at Johnny Football for being out of control

My bet is the Steelers keep him since I think he now is not a free agent until after 2018

It's also the same reason that some teams may still be interested in him because he's a proven talent. My bet is that the Steelers would try to trade him for a late round pick.
Back to top Go down
WCSteeler

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:19 pm

What is with the Steelers and asshole WRs? This is a reoccurring theme that is really bothersome with Wideouts and to a lesser extent RBs, does this team need some old school leadership or what? I realize that its all over the
Nfl but seems to plague this team especially. Its sh*% like the "young money crew" that cause young guys to feel untouchable.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:24 pm

WCSteeler wrote:
What is with the Steelers and asshole WRs?  This is a reoccurring theme that is really bothersome with Wideouts and to a lesser extent RBs,  does this team need some old school leadership or what? I realize that its all over the
Nfl but seems to plague this team especially. Its sh*% like the "young money crew" that cause young guys to feel untouchable.

There was reason that he was drafted in 4th round and it's clearly not because of his talent. The Steelers knew the risk and they took the gamble.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Welp.. Next man up. This is saddening but, I mean, I don't mean to be such a Pittsburgh homer but if he can't cut it out here what other team can turn him around? I know we poked fun at 5895's Manziel rehabilitation idea but he was right that things in pittsburgh are supposed to be different and are supposed to blue collar, for the team, selfless.. Martavis seems to just be proving that even with everyone supporting him in that locker room he cant shake his habits. Is there a team out there that we can unanimously agree could help the guy reach his potential? The difference between him and Johnny are Johnny seems to be detrimental to himself and his team. In Martavis' case, hes just getting caught with THC in his system (assuming at this point but I think we all know). He's only detrimental to himself. It's worse for him because hes got Coates chomping at the bit. WR corps is too good making him too expendable even if does have that potential.
Back to top Go down
Steellamb86
Xtreme Newb
Steellamb86

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:30 pm

I guess we move on with Coates. But, maybe they intend to draft another? I was hoping the draft would be ALL defense, but maybe not.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Steellamb86 wrote:
I guess we move on with Coates. But, maybe they intend to draft another? I was hoping the draft would be ALL defense, but maybe not.

Yeah... ): I don't think its absolutely necessary though. DHB showed he can contribute. Coates showed a flash in the playoffs. Wheaton isn't out the door just yet. Maybe we can use one of those 6th rounders on a WR (;
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Unfuckingbelievable... Stupid stupid stupid kid.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:41 pm

motherfucking son of a fucking bitch
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Well we could always give Santonio a call.

(Oh wait, I forgot, he was a cancer to the team...)

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:46 pm

all the talent in the world but fortunately all the stupidity in the world too. I mean if someone paid blazequietly millions of dollars to not toke up for a couple years i bet he'd do it lol
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
motherfucking son of a fucking bitch

Hey don't hold back on our account. Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  1797695198
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Surprised but not surprised (it's the offseason). Sad, guy is a huge talent. Hope the steelers can find someone in rd 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension    Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension  Empty

Back to top Go down

Martavis Bryant facing season long suspension
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next