Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate

Go down 
+4
SteelersNorth
OX1947
stlrtruck
FanSince72
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FanSince72

FanSince72

NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate Empty
PostSubject: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Quote :
NFL coaches have spoken: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Ben Roethlisberger sometimes goes overlooked in the discussion of the league’s best quarterbacks.

He shouldn’t, multiple NFL head coaches say.

From the NFL owners meetings last week, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians and Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer all said Roethlisberger belongs among the top guys.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/18222/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-belongs-in-best-qb-debate-nfl-coaches-say

Agree wholeheartedly!

Ben deserves to be part of the conversation.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 pm

I like his performances better when he's not.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 1:36 pm

If you have to ask or argue it, is it really? It is like the hall of fame question. If you are a hall of famer, you shouldnt have to ask if a player is. And the only reason why a player who is a hall of famer who doesnt get in the first time, is because he was behind an even more iconic player. Thats it. Too many titles for players.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:03 pm

This sentence from the article summs up what Ben has always been about:

Quote :
For much of his career, Roethlisberger was known more for winning than for passing stats.

I know that the stat-junkies will argue forever about "Who's the Best?" based upon numbers.
But I really don't care about numbers and I don't think Ben does either.

It isn't about numbers, it's about about "W's" and getting it done when it needs to get done and Ben has built a career around that.

I'll take that over gaudy numbers any day!  NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1647293567

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:14 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
This sentence from the article summs up what Ben has always been about:

Quote :
For much of his career, Roethlisberger was known more for winning than for passing stats.

I know that the stat-junkies will argue forever about "Who's the Best?" based upon numbers.
But I really don't care about numbers and I don't think Ben does either.

It isn't about numbers, it's about about "W's" and getting it done when it needs to get done and Ben has built a career around that.

I'll take that over gaudy numbers any day!  NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1647293567

PREACH BROTHER FANSINCE72 PREACH! lol

I keep telling a Packers fan that I know who tells me that MVPs are worth more than Super Bowls...I always say you're used to consolation prizes with Fav-re and now Rodgers because Ben has tied them both just by himself in Super Bowls. I usually get crickets back NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 3562723908
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:37 pm

He's not a leader though. Thats gonna keep him from being first ballot. NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1401235891 NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1689750825
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 2:47 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
He's not a leader though. Thats gonna keep him from being first ballot. NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1401235891 NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 1689750825

NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 2800024739
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 5:29 pm

Ben will never get the credit he deserves. and i truly dont think he cares. i may be a little biased but i think right now he is the best in the league...

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 5:50 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Ben will never get the credit he deserves. and i truly dont think he cares. i may be a little biased but i think right now he is the best in the league...    

Agreed! NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 230572241

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 6:03 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:

Agreed, he needs to study more film. NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate 2893009358
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm

He's the best for the Steelers. If you put him on another team (even with all of his talents), he would struggle. He has grit, stature, and chemistry in Pittsburgh. Other teams wouldn't want their prissy little pill thrower to do the things that BR7 does each week and those are the things that make him great.

PostSubject: Re: NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate   NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate Empty

Back to top Go down

NFL coaches: Roethlisberger belongs in best QB debate
Page 1 of 1