Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced

Go down 
+12
SteelerSpartan
Rhyno
LambertLunatic
WVABE
SteelersYak
Hawaii 5-0
SoCalFan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
steelcrazy
Lokki
vasteeler
Atlanta Dan
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced    Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:27 am

vasteeler wrote:
ugh...hating the christmas day game

Yeah a game on Christmas is kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced    Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:58 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

is that something new? I don't remember Christmas day games.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced    Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 am

Steelcitian wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

It's real simple guys and gals (if there are any on here) you do the big work around.
For me up in Canada with my family we usually do something Christmas Eve and Day...well I've told my wife that we're now busy Christmas lol luckily she's on board with me cause she doesn't like missing a game either so we'll do what we need to do on the Eve and Boxing Day :)

Everyone's happy Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 1647293567 Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced    Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 11:26 am

Steelcitian wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

My recollection is that when, like this year, Christmas has been on a Sunday the NFL played all games but one on Christmas Eve afternoon and then played a night game on Christmas Eve when it is on a Saturday, Sunday or Monday and Christmas when it is on a Sunday.

This year the NFL keeps the Christmas Eve night game (Bengals at Houston -  good luck to young children of Bengals players and their mothers getting ready for Santa) and adds the late afternoon Steelers-Ravens game to the Christmas night Denver at KC game

NBA has played multiple games on Christmas for years - I guess Roger figured why not go there and play multiple games too - by 4:30 Christmas afternoon some folks may have had enough of family bonding moments Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 1797695198

Apparently the Steelers volunteered for playing Christmas afternoon

“With conversations with [Art] Rooney, the Steelers said they will be willing,” [NFL Director of Broadcast Michael] North said. “They didn't demand it, require it or request it, but said they would be willing. They did say that if they were picked to host a game that they would prefer it be the afternoon window as opposed to the night window."

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/10314730-74/christmas-games-steelers

I know the Steelers have expressed an interest in playing a game in Mexico City (presumably to sell more gear).  Maybe by taking the hit with the Christmas game that helps get a Mexico City game (Raiders - Texans play there in November) and avoids another trip to London Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced    Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers 2016 Schedule - Dates & Times Announced
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2