Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLadarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers

Go down 
+23
jak341
Rick5895
WVABE
effyou515
Drizztbob
Steel Peon
pczach
SteelCityUnderground
SteelersNorth
Fire Arians
Steeler-in-west
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerSpartan
FrancoLambert
OX1947
JPPT1974
Atlanta Dan
kirklandrules
BlackAndGold
SteelersYak
Hawaii 5-0
solardave
DesertSteel
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pczach

pczach

Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 4:37 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
We're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not … Not the game that Ladarius Green goes out there and die for and play every game like it's his last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man.

Green isn't the baller that AI was, so cant make the true rant.  In comparison Green is kind of like Greg Oden ranting on practice,... love the reference though.

Seriously, when Green is activated, who gets released?  Grimble wont clear the waiver wire, but are they really going to keep 4 TE's?

David Johnson is the best blocker of the bunch, and the only one that fits the profile of blocking TE. But he is also the guy that seems to have the least impact on the field.

Would they really get rid of Johnson if they believe they need his blocking?

I don't want to have Grimble become available. He will clearly be snatched up by someone, and they really like his upside and explosiveness going forward. He has made some very athletic catches in limited duty.

Jesse James isn't going anywhere. He's done a good job trying to play the all-around game that Heath had been doing for over a decade, and has probably also raised his stock with the team in Green's absence. He still needs to get more physical and technically sound in the blocking game, but overall he has stabilized the position over the first five games.

This will be an interesting decision.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:24 pm

I think David Johnson will get the axe, especially if Nix is ready to play
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 6:05 am

Last season we had Nix(FB) W.Johnson(FB/TE) Miller, Speath, Jesse James(TE) on the 53.

I'm not sure who will get cut. But I don't see DJ or Grimble being cut. (They really like Grimble)

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 8:29 am

I don't see Grimble going anywhere. I heard on one of the pregame / postgame shows that they think he could have a very high ceiling, should he get his route running down.

I say most likely Will Johnson. He is a FB / TE. We have a specialized FB in Nix and a receiving TE in Green.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityUnderground

SteelCityUnderground

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 2:07 pm

jak341 wrote:
I don't see Grimble going anywhere. I heard on one of the pregame / postgame shows that they think he could have a very high ceiling, should he get his route running down.

I say most likely Will Johnson. He is a FB / TE. We have a specialized FB in Nix and a receiving TE in Green.

Think you mean David Johnson. Will was with the Giants, before getting injured.

DJ isn't expendable either. Has to be one of the DB's like Shabazz. Someone they can cut and resign to practice squad, without risk of losing them.

http://steelcityunderground.com
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:03 pm

SteelCityUnderground wrote:
jak341 wrote:

Think you mean David Johnson. Will was with the Giants, before getting injured.

DJ isn't expendable either. Has to be one of the DB's like Shabazz. Someone they can cut and resign to practice squad, without risk of losing them.

Yep. Oops. Read Will Johnson in the post above mine and the name just stuck.
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:53 am

Shabazz and Steven Johnson are probably the cut candidates for Green, and Dupree.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Steelers TE Ladarius Green Fails To Start Practicing On Wednesday

BY DAVE BRYAN OCTOBER 19, 2016

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green is eligible to start practicing whenever he gets the go-ahead to do so from the coaching staff. That go-ahead, however, didn’t take place on Wednesday as Green didn’t start practicing, according to Chris Bradford of The Beaver County Times.

In short, you can go ahead and assume that the earliest Green will play for the Steelers will be sometime after their bye week as he won’t play Sunday against the New England Patriots*.

Once Green does resume practicing, the Steelers will then have 21 days to decide whether or not to remove him from their Reserve/PUP list and place him back on their 53-man roster.

Green, who signed a four-year, $20 million free agent contract with the Steelers this past March, has yet to practice with the team as he’s been rehabbing from offseason ankle surgery.

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/10/steelers-te-ladarius-green-fails-start-practicing-wednesday/
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 6:47 pm

This team is equal parts joy and frustration, with stuff like this being a pothole on an otherwise smooth drive.

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 am

Ladarius Green to practice this morning for the first time with Steelers

Steelers tight end Ladarius Green will practice with the team for the first time today since signing a four-year, $20 million contract in March.

The Steelers now have 21 days to determine if they will elevate him to the 53-man active roster or keep him on the physically unable to perform list for the rest of the season....

If Green progresses well in the offense, there is a possibility he might be activated for the Ravens game. If not, the Steelers could decide to bring him up for a home game against Dallas or Cleveland in the following weeks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/25/Ladarius-Green-to-practice-this-morning-for-the-first-time-with-Steelers/stories/201610250119
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 3:02 pm

On the Steelers: Ladarius Green finally ready to begin his Steelers career

October 30, 2016
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

When the Steelers signed former Chargers tight end Ladarius Green in March the possibilities seemed endless. With elite speed to stretch the field and the size to be a prime red-zone target, Green was viewed as the missing piece that would make an already dangerous offense lethal.

But as spring turned to summer and summer into fall, the endless possibilities turned into endless speculation. Offseason ankle surgery prevented Green from taking part in offseason training activities and minicamp. A slow rehabilitation forced him to open training camp on the physically unable to perform list and recurring headaches kept him there for the duration of it plus the first seven weeks of the regular season.

But now Green is back to practice and players and coaches are allowing themselves to once again dream of the possibilities he will provide to an already talented offensive cast. Defensive coordinators that have smothered Antonio Brown with double coverage will have to think twice about that if Green is on the field.

Substitute tight ends Jesse James and Xavier Grimble have been fine possession receivers, but the Steelers signed Green to a $20 million contract because he could provide big plays alongside the team’s other offensive stars.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/10/30/On-the-Steelers-Ladarius-Green-finally-ready-to-begin-his-Steelers-career/stories/201610300097?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1477809809
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 9:49 am

would be nice to see Green on the field, especially this Sunday against the ratbirds.

Would be a nice distraction from the other WRs/TEs, or better yet a free roaming target which gives us greater options the rest of the season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 9:55 am

Would be nice if Ben was going to be throwing to him on Sunday too. That isn't looking too likely right now.

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 11:04 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Would be nice if Ben was going to be throwing to him on Sunday too.  That isn't looking too likely right now.

Vegas does not think so. Ravens open as 2&1/2 point favorites for reasons presumably including Landry Jones as the likely starter

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 5:30 pm

I expect him to make his debut against Dallas.

Also believe Dupree will return for that also.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 10:57 am

OK, two catches for 67 yards, but still looks kind of rusty to me. I hope he keeps getting better, because IMO, it looked like Grimble is a better downfield receiving threat than Green. Maybe not as good of a blocker, but not that much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
OK, two catches for 67 yards, but still looks kind of rusty to me.  I hope he keeps getting better, because IMO, it looked like Grimble is a better downfield receiving threat than Green.  Maybe not as good of a blocker, but not that much of a difference.

Green does look rusty and Grimble looks a little lost at times would like to see these two become great receiving TEs. just think you bring in your two TE set with Grimble and Green with Bell at RB and motion the offense to a five wide talk about mismatches. Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Honestly I am just glad he is on the field and producing instead of on the PUP or IR.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 8:57 am

He doesn't look to be 100% to me. You can see at times where he is holding back.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 7:44 am

He is a little rusty, but that comes with being injured and not returning until very recently. I believe he is beginning to build a rapport with Ben. The 2 catches against the Colts show Ben is gaining trust in him. On the one catch Ben just threw it up knowing Green would be there. I expect to see a bettter performance against the Giants and moving forward
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:28 am

It appears right now we are better off with our TE situation than at WR. Coates can't catch. Wheaton can't get on the field. Rogers is fast and shifty but he seems to fall down when he thinks he is going to get hit. DHB is STs but used sparingly as a wideout. For a team supposed to be deeeep in talent other than AB I don't know of anyone being consistent at #2.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 am

solardave wrote:
It appears right now we are better off with our TE situation than at WR. Coates can't catch. Wheaton can't get on the field. Rogers is fast and shifty but he seems to fall down when he thinks he is going to get hit. DHB is STs but used sparingly as a wideout. For a team supposed to be deeeep in talent other than AB I don't know of anyone being consistent at #2.

Although I agree Coates can't catch, what I saw the other night is teams seem to be covering him with a man over. Meaning one-on-one coverage until he gets deep then the safety is sliding over. Then Ben, as has been usual this year, wants to force feed him the ball.

Ben really needs to spread the ball around. He has missed several open WRs trying to hit Coates deep - Jesse James, DHB, Rogers, and Bell have all had 5-15 yard routes where they are wide open but Ben wants to get it in to Coates' hands.

STOP IT!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 3056903510

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Saw on Ed Bouchette's Twitter feed today, "Green did not practice for Steelers today due to the concussion. Not a good sign".

We went from practicing and not clearing the protocol now to not practicing at all. Doesn't sound good for Green and his long term career.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 am

jak341 wrote:
Saw on Ed Bouchette's Twitter feed today, "Green did not practice for Steelers today due to the concussion. Not a good sign".

We went from practicing and not clearing the protocol now to not practicing at all. Doesn't sound good for Green and his long term career.

Yeah missing two games, crazy. I hope he's alright. Thanks George Iloka, always douchebag Bengals that have to injure one of our playmakers every year.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

Thankfully, James and Gimble played key roles while he was out and both grew in his absence. While I'd love to take 3 TEs to KC, I'm okay with Green getting the rest he needs for the following week (should the Steelers win in KC).

I certainly believe we can beat KC without him. We would need him more in the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl (should we get that far).

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers   Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ladarius Green starts on PUP list for Steelers
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next