Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen plans to play Friday against Saints Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben plans to play Friday against Saints

Go down 
+3
Lokki
stlrtruck
Hawaii 5-0
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Ben plans to play Friday against Saints Empty
PostSubject: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Ben Roethlisberger plans to play Friday against Saints

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

Ben plans to play Friday against Saints I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0809%2Fr111919_1296x729_16%2D9

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger plans to play in Friday's preseason game against the New Orleans Saints.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, entering his 13th season in the NFL, doesn't remember missing a third preseason game during his professional career.

"I'd like to be out there. It's a different speed," Roethlisberger said. "I know my line doesn't want to hear it, but I wouldn't mind getting hit once. Maybe after the ball is gone, just a little tap from a defensive guy."

The Steelers have sidelined the offensive trio of Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell for the first two preseason games. Bell's status is uncertain because of his recovery from knee surgery in November, but Brown's chances to play are greater.

Roethlisberger will look to find an in-game rhythm with younger playmakers such as Markus Wheaton, Sammie Coates, Eli Rogers and Jesse James.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17365622/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-plans-play-friday-ready-take-hit
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 3:04 pm

it would be nice to see him be out on the field for a series or two.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben plans to play Friday against Saints 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 5:10 pm

I will be at that game. I'm hoping that he plays. The Saints pass rush sucks, so our OLine should be able to keep him upright.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

It'll be interesting to see him with guys like Rogers, Coates & Wheaton.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

3rd game of preseason, gonna get a better idea of what we have
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 6:33 pm

First play, 75 to Coates. I'm calling it. haha
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 6:40 pm

solardave wrote:
It'll be interesting to see him with guys like Rogers, Coates & Wheaton.

It would be nice to see Wheaton in a game with anyone

This from the P-G Ray Fittapaldo chat today

Not exactly sure about the timetable for his injury, but Roethlisberger talked this morning and said he was disappointed Wheaton missed so much of camp because they had a good chemistry going. I don't think he's going to miss the opener or anything like that -- he might even practice this week -- but the missed time in camp was not ideal for him or the offense.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/08/22/Ray-Fittipaldo-s-Steelers-chat-8-22-16/stories/201608220129
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben plans to play Friday against Saints   Ben plans to play Friday against Saints Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben plans to play Friday against Saints
Page 1 of 1