Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeColin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?

Go down 
+20
stlrtruck
Wallace108
IowaSteeler927
Fire Arians
El-Gonzo Jackson
OX1947
JPPT1974
Steeler-in-west
EbonySteel86
PhantomJB93
fer69
steelcrazy
SteelerFreak58
Drizztbob
QueenstownPa
SteelersYak
kirklandrules
solardave
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Hawaii 5-0
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jazzo

Jazzo

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
On a related note, we should probably change the SX banner. Tomlin looks too much like a cheerleader on it. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1650858226

I love Terry and everything he has done for the Steelers organization, but he has a history of speaking before thinking it through, lol. In my opinion, he gets a pass on most of this shit, just because we know he is nuts! I mean that in a good way of course. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198

I remember seeing an interview where he felt so ashamed for missing Mr. Rooney's funeral and said how much he will regret it for the rest of his life. Yeah, the Blonde Bomber has battled depression his whole life. Sad, but true...

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Sometimes sports isn't much different than politics. People believe what they wanna believe, and facts don't matter.

I am beginning to think sports is becoming more like the WWE. Colin can't be this naive and stupid. He knows what he is doing... I just think he is a wanna-be Skip Bayless, especially after you see that promotion Skip recently received.
I hate that. No offense to you guys who like wrestling but the fake drama of that has never appealed to me. I mean if you enjoy it, great, but I've never seen the appeal.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 4:23 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Sometimes sports isn't much different than politics. People believe what they wanna believe, and facts don't matter.

I am beginning to think sports is becoming more like the WWE. Colin can't be this naive and stupid. He knows what he is doing... I just think he is a wanna-be Skip Bayless, especially after you see that promotion Skip recently received.
I hate that. No offense to you guys who like wrestling but the fake drama of that has never appealed to me. I mean if you enjoy it, great, but I've never seen the appeal.

I can't stand wrestling and that is the point I am making. Boxing also became the same way in its prime. All I am saying is these sports talk show hosts say controversial shit on purpose to get everyone all excited, so that they can bump up their ratings. You can't doubt that the NFL has become just as much as entertainment than just X's and O's. Look how much the fan base has changed in these last couple of decades. Then you have Fantasy Football, but that is another story by itself...

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:50 am

Jazzo wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I can't stand wrestling and that is the point I am making. Boxing also became the same way in its prime. All I am saying is these sports talk show hosts say controversial shit on purpose to get everyone all excited, so that they can bump up their ratings. You can't doubt that the NFL has become just as much as entertainment than just X's and O's. Look how much the fan base has changed in these last couple of decades. Then you have Fantasy Football, but that is another story by itself...

Hey now, I love Fantasy Football! Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:15 am

Calling Clemson a fraud is far worse than anything he said about the Steelers or Tomlin. Fraud's don't go to back to back National Title games and have close games in both and winning one to boot. Just stupid.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 am

OX1947 wrote:
Calling Clemson a fraud is far worse than anything he said about the Steelers or Tomlin. Fraud's don't go to back to back National Title games and have close games in both and winning one to boot. Just stupid.

Yeah that kind of backfired in his face didn't it? Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198 Kind of just demonstrates that Bradshaw really isn't all that in tune with modern day football in my opinion. It's as a lot of people say, he's kind of like the cooky old uncle that sits around telling "Aww shucks" stories. Nobody really takes him too seriously.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 am

To take it a step further Terry is like the uncle at the party when the more he drinks the more he talks out of his ass until he looks like the video of that dog taken from behind where when he barks his butt whole puckers. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2217377625 Still we all love the guy. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 183388472
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 11:06 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Yeah that kind of backfired in his face didn't it? Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198 Kind of just demonstrates that Bradshaw really isn't all that in tune with modern day football in my opinion. It's as a lot of people say, he's kind of like the cooky old uncle that sits around telling "Aww shucks" stories. Nobody really takes him too seriously.

Cowherd called Clemson a fraud, not Bradshaw called them a fraud.

Dabo Swinney called Cowherd a fraud as a rebuttal in his press conference and Cowherd went on to explain on his show. "In the end, you have never punished me for being wrong. You punish me when I am uninteresting and choose topics that you don't give a rip about. So I will continue to have super strong opinions on college football, the NBA and the NFL."

Just goes to show us all that Colin Cowherd doesn't care about being correct or insightful, just controversial. Its Jerry Springer sports journalism at its worst. I always thought the guy wasn't insightful and at least he confirms it.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/with-egg-on-face-colin-cowherd-explains-commentators-need-to-be-interesting-but-not-correct.html
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 12:28 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Dabo Swinney called Cowherd a fraud as a rebuttal in his press conference and Cowherd went on to explain on his show.  "In the end, you have never punished me for being wrong.  You punish me when I am uninteresting and choose topics that you don't give a rip about.  So I will continue to have super strong opinions on college football, the NBA and the NFL."

Just goes to show us all that Colin Cowherd doesn't care about being correct or insightful, just controversial.  Its Jerry Springer sports journalism at its worst.  I always thought the guy wasn't insightful and at least he confirms it.  

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/with-egg-on-face-colin-cowherd-explains-commentators-need-to-be-interesting-but-not-correct.html

I was talking about Cowherd.

Cowherd is the type of person when having relations with his spouse, screams out his own name when he climaxes.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm

OX1947 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Dabo Swinney called Cowherd a fraud as a rebuttal in his press conference and Cowherd went on to explain on his show.  "In the end, you have never punished me for being wrong.  You punish me when I am uninteresting and choose topics that you don't give a rip about.  So I will continue to have super strong opinions on college football, the NBA and the NFL."

Just goes to show us all that Colin Cowherd doesn't care about being correct or insightful, just controversial.  Its Jerry Springer sports journalism at its worst.  I always thought the guy wasn't insightful and at least he confirms it.  

Cowherd is the type of person when having relations with his spouse, screams out his own name when he climaxes.

I know you were talking about Cowherd. Iowasteeler made a reference that Bradshaw is out of tune with modern football. I think he was mistaken that this is about Cowherd and not TB.

Cowherd is sad radio. I always thought he was some guy with a nasal sounding voice, talking about nothing, but adding some dramatic pauses to fill time and then stirring up some fans with an absurd take. So happy that his show isn't on ESPN radio any more, so its not eating up a time slot when I drive on XM radio.
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 1:40 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Wrong thread? Although, I do agree that Bradshaw is "cooky" and funny, but I still love the guy!

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 6:02 pm

colin blowhard is more like it
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm

OX1947 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3562723908 Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3562723908 Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3562723908

FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:47 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
On a related note, we should probably change the SX banner. Tomlin looks too much like a cheerleader on it. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1650858226

I love Terry and everything he has done for the Steelers organization, but he has a history of speaking before thinking it through, lol. In my opinion, he gets a pass on most of this shit, just because we know he is nuts! I mean that in a good way of course. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198

I remember seeing an interview where he felt so ashamed for missing Mr. Rooney's funeral and said how much he will regret it for the rest of his life. Yeah, the Blonde Bomber has battled depression his whole life. Sad, but true...

That's what I'd expect him to say in an interview, trying to elicit compassion from others by feigning guilt and shame.

Depression is tough to battle, but I think anger and resentment had more to do with Terry missing the Chief's funeral.  Missing Noll's.....well, we know his feelings on Noll....no mystery there.

But from what I've read, the Chief always pumped Terry up and told him he was going to be great despite the difficulties he was going through at the time.....doesn't make sense.....I'll always appreciate Terry's contributions to our greatness, but I've lost all respect for him. IMO he's a fraud.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 2:05 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

That's what I'd expect him to say in an interview, trying to elicit compassion from others by feigning guilt and shame.

Depression is tough to battle, but I think anger and resentment had more to do with Terry missing the Chief's funeral.  Missing Noll's.....well, we know his feelings on Noll....no mystery there.

But from what I've read, the Chief always pumped Terry up and told him he was going to be great despite the difficulties he was going through at the time.....doesn't make sense.....I'll always appreciate Terry's contributions to our greatness, but I've lost all respect for him.  IMO he's a fraud.

I feel the same way, sadly enough. It's a shame really. Bradshaw could have a really good relationship with the franchise and the fans, and recently he looked like he had kind of repaired his image until the death of Coach Noll, and now his disrespectful comments about Coach Tomlin. I don't care what kind of resentment he had for Coach Noll, he played you, he is part of the reason you are who you are today, you respect that and bury the hatchet when that person passes away. Terry should've been there, period.

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I know you were talking about Cowherd. Iowasteeler made a reference that Bradshaw is out of tune with modern football. I think he was mistaken that this is about Cowherd and not TB.

Yeah that was my bad, I thought I had read that Terry made that comment about Clemson.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

OX1947 wrote:

I think I derailed the discussion with my Tomlin/banner joke. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 am

Wallace108 wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

OX1947 wrote:

I think I derailed the discussion with my Tomlin/banner joke. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1664291743

Finally someone other than me. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3562723908

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I feel the same way, sadly enough. It's a shame really. Bradshaw could have a really good relationship with the franchise and the fans, and recently he looked like he had kind of repaired his image until the death of Coach Noll, and now his disrespectful comments about Coach Tomlin. I don't care what kind of resentment he had for Coach Noll, he played you, he is part of the reason you are who you are today, you respect that and bury the hatchet when that person passes away. Terry should've been there, period.

Bradshaw has issues with the entire organization

He finally walked back his "cheerleader" comment when he could not dodge being asked about it during a media session Fox held for its coverage of this year's Super Bowl while making it clear he has no affection for Tomlin

At the Fox press conference Wednesday, Mr. Bradshaw said at the time of the statement his use of the word “cheerleader” wasn’t something he’d given a lot of thought to.

“I wish I hadn’t had said ‘cheerleader,’” Mr. Bradshaw said. “It was an instantaneous response. I referenced it to on the sideline the camera will catch him a lot of times and he’s gyrating so cheerleading was the first thing that came to my mind.”

Fellow “Fox NFL Sunday” analyst Howie Long tried to help Mr. Bradshaw out.

“Motivator?” Mr. Long offered.

“Motivator would have been a better word,” Mr. Bradshaw said.

Later Mr. Bradshaw was asked if he’d consider Mr. Tomlin a great coach if the Steelers win another Super Bowl.

“Why you're all so geared up to get ‘great’ out of me?” Mr. Bradshaw said, laughing. “’Great’ is so overstated. There's only one great coach in the NFL, and that's that coach up in New England. That's a great coach.

“If ‘great’ is the word that you're looking for and I present them the trophy, I promise it will be tongue‑in‑cheek, and you'll pick up on it: ‘Mike Tomlin, congratulations. You're a great coach. You just won your second Super Bowl. What do you think? Are we buddies now?’ I don't think so but, you know ‑‑ maybe I would.”

Then Bradshaw decided to share which team he roots for

After the press conference Mr. Bradshaw said he doesn’t have an emotional, fan attachment to any team except the New Orleans Saints because he’s from Louisiana.

“I deliberately stay away from Pittsburgh other than the Mike Tomlin comment,” he said. “I’m never gonna say anything bad about Pittsburgh, that’s not being fair as an analyst, I know that. They’re off-limits other than my little problem. And I made it clear the Saints are my team, there's my love interest, and everybody else is fair game if they screw up. … I pull more for people [than teams]. If Pittsburgh loses, I still sleep good.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2017/01/12/Bradshaw-walks-back-his-Tomlin-cheerleader-comment/stories/201701120157

My assumption is that most NFL players who had a successful career with one team continue to have an emotional attachment to and support that team after they retire.

Maybe not, but in contrast to Bradshaw's views the Post-Gazette ran an interview with Joe Greene the week of the Dallas game

“Mean” Joe Greene has long since morphed into “Mellow” Joe Greene, but he’ll be far from mellow when the Steelers kick off Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

Greene lives smack in the middle of Cowboys country, so he knows that Jerry Jones’ boys didn’t get to 7-1 by accident.

“I’m going to be nervous, nervous, nervous,” Greene said from his home in Flower Mound, Texas. “I am definitely fearful of that little running back [Ezekiel Elliott, who at 6 feet, 225 pounds might seem small only to a man who used to swallow entire offensive lines in one bite]. He’s legit. In past years, I probably wouldn’t be as nervous, because we’d have an answer for him. We’ll just have to wait and see.” ...

Greene, who turned 70 in September, agreed that “surreal” is a good word to describe his status as the lone living member of his legendary defensive line....

“I miss those guys terribly,” he said. “Yes I do. Yes I do. Every day, at some point, I think about them and Chuck [Noll]. I’m glad we had our time together because it’s like gold. I can open the vault and have a chance to revisit those experiences any time I want. I love that … I love that.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2016/11/11/Joe-Starkey-Joe-Greene-reflects-on-life-loss-and-the-Cowboys/stories/201611110088

Props to Bradshaw for leveraging his success with the Steelers into a successful career yukking it up on the pregame show.  If anyone thinks he harbors any affection for the Steelers organization or its fans guess again. IMO he is a bitter man.

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 am

Colin Cowherd, but a skirt on this drama queen but drama queen's like listening to drama queens.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Bradshaw has issues with the entire organization

He finally walked back his "cheerleader" comment when he could not dodge being asked about it during a media session Fox held for its coverage of this year's Super Bowl while making it clear he has no affection for Tomlin

At the Fox press conference Wednesday, Mr. Bradshaw said at the time of the statement his use of the word “cheerleader” wasn’t something he’d given a lot of thought to.

“I wish I hadn’t had said ‘cheerleader,’” Mr. Bradshaw said. “It was an instantaneous response. I referenced it to on the sideline the camera will catch him a lot of times and he’s gyrating so cheerleading was the first thing that came to my mind.”

Fellow “Fox NFL Sunday” analyst Howie Long tried to help Mr. Bradshaw out.

“Motivator?” Mr. Long offered.

“Motivator would have been a better word,” Mr. Bradshaw said.

Later Mr. Bradshaw was asked if he’d consider Mr. Tomlin a great coach if the Steelers win another Super Bowl.

“Why you're all so geared up to get ‘great’ out of me?” Mr. Bradshaw said, laughing. “’Great’ is so overstated. There's only one great coach in the NFL, and that's that coach up in New England. That's a great coach.

“If ‘great’ is the word that you're looking for and I present them the trophy, I promise it will be tongue‑in‑cheek, and you'll pick up on it: ‘Mike Tomlin, congratulations. You're a great coach. You just won your second Super Bowl. What do you think? Are we buddies now?’ I don't think so but, you know ‑‑ maybe I would.”

Then Bradshaw decided to share which team he roots for

After the press conference Mr. Bradshaw said he doesn’t have an emotional, fan attachment to any team except the New Orleans Saints because he’s from Louisiana.

“I deliberately stay away from Pittsburgh other than the Mike Tomlin comment,” he said. “I’m never gonna say anything bad about Pittsburgh, that’s not being fair as an analyst, I know that. They’re off-limits other than my little problem. And I made it clear the Saints are my team, there's my love interest, and everybody else is fair game if they screw up. … I pull more for people [than teams]. If Pittsburgh loses, I still sleep good.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2017/01/12/Bradshaw-walks-back-his-Tomlin-cheerleader-comment/stories/201701120157

My assumption is that most NFL players who had a successful career with one team continue to have an emotional attachment to and support that team after they retire.

Maybe not, but in contrast to Bradshaw's views the Post-Gazette ran an interview with Joe Greene the week of the Dallas game

“Mean” Joe Greene has long since morphed into “Mellow” Joe Greene, but he’ll be far from mellow when the Steelers kick off Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.

Greene lives smack in the middle of Cowboys country, so he knows that Jerry Jones’ boys didn’t get to 7-1 by accident.

“I’m going to be nervous, nervous, nervous,” Greene said from his home in Flower Mound, Texas. “I am definitely fearful of that little running back [Ezekiel Elliott, who at 6 feet, 225 pounds might seem small only to a man who used to swallow entire offensive lines in one bite]. He’s legit. In past years, I probably wouldn’t be as nervous, because we’d have an answer for him. We’ll just have to wait and see.” ...

Greene, who turned 70 in September, agreed that “surreal” is a good word to describe his status as the lone living member of his legendary defensive line....

“I miss those guys terribly,” he said. “Yes I do. Yes I do. Every day, at some point, I think about them and Chuck [Noll]. I’m glad we had our time together because it’s like gold. I can open the vault and have a chance to revisit those experiences any time I want. I love that … I love that.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/joe-starkey/2016/11/11/Joe-Starkey-Joe-Greene-reflects-on-life-loss-and-the-Cowboys/stories/201611110088

Props to Bradshaw for leveraging his success with the Steelers into a successful career yukking it up on the pregame show.  If anyone thinks he harbors any affection for the Steelers organization or its fans guess again.  IMO he is a bitter man.

Bradshaw plays all the angles, his memory is declining, and he want to make as munch money as he can as the only 4 time superbowl winning QB.

at least Bradshaw didn't send a picture of his dick to a female employee of the team of employment. Brett Favre. Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1797695198

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 am

Terry played only for the Steelers, contributed to four super bowl wins, at times was vilified and adored by the fans in Pittsburgh, was coddled by the Chief, and yet has no attachment or positive feelings for his former team.   

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1505004552      confused      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2829330259      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2087824411      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2672159185      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 798776511      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 568088689
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 12:56 pm

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1650858226
FrancoLambert wrote:
Terry played only for the Steelers, contributed to four super bowl wins, at times was vilified and adored by the fans in Pittsburgh, was coddled by the Chief, and yet has no attachment or positive feelings for his former team.   

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1505004552      confused      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2829330259      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2087824411      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 2672159185      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 798776511      Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 568088689

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:27 am

I suppose it was inevitable that Bradshaw would at some point end up talking about Tomlin with Cowherd Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 1505004552

A few weeks after the Mike Tomlin diss that rankled Pittsburgh Steelers fans, Terry Bradshaw backtracked, then criticized Tomlin one more time.

Bradshaw said this week while appearing on Fox Sports 1's "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" that he should not have reduced Tomlin to a "cheerleader guy" as a coach. But he also wasn't pleased with Tomlin's reaction.

"I didn't regret it until I actually forgot about it," Bradshaw said on the program. "Mike came back at me, which he should have never done. It's like [Clemson coach] Dabo [Swinney], don't let people know that you get to them. Just blow it off. He responded. And that's fine. I probably shouldn't have said cheerleader. But to me he's on the sideline [moving around], that's what I thought about."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/22376/terry-bradshaw-regrets-cheerleader-line-doesnt-like-mike-tomlins-response

Really pleased that Tomlin's return fire obviously bothers Bradshaw
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Terry never heard the phrase, "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and erase all doubt." He's erased all doubt for sure.

Keep it up Terry, keep talking shots at the Steelers...... very few members of Steeler Nation will look upon you favorably.

Being who he is, he won't care a bit.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Steelers continue to prove asshat wrong.

Let's continue the trend next week too.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?   Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Colin Cowherd: Why does Mike Tomlin get a free pass with the Steelers?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next